Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keaggan

FLA Town Crier: PvP, PvE & RP

FLA Town Crier

Hello and welcome!

The Campaign Worlds will be the foundation and back bone of Crowfall. This is no way is a negative in fact it is a massive and exciting draw to the game for myself and others however they are all singularly driven by their design: conquest. On the other hand Eternal Kingdoms allow for a greater sense of permanency, a longer lasting social dynamic, a uniquely creative outlet and a deeper sense of history. Many others and myself included feel that engaging both of these (the CWs & EKs) will make for a more enjoyable Crowfall experience.

If you are interested in EKs then I'm sure you've heard most described as guild EKs. But in our little slice of heaven, the Free Lands of Azure (FLA), we are a community centered one which means we will have multiple guilds along with non-affiliated individuals all residing in our boarders, sharing space, and maybe creating a spark of friction or two. Because of this we wanted to have an open discussion on various topics that will affect everyone living, or thinking about living, in the FLA Eternal Kingdom.

While we will mainly be focusing on the FLA but if you are not part of it you can still jump in and share your thoughts too. Perhaps we can glean an idea or two from each other!

Our first topic:

Like above we an open community EK that will have several guilds and types of players. In this we will have a few dedicated areas or zones that encourage a specific type interest. They are Savage Lands which are PvP, Forests of Lore that focus on Role Playing & the Wilds a PvE area to explore which until our latest announcement of spawners was kind of up in the air.

Now the question isn't IF we will have these or what is their VALUE but rather how much land should be allotted to each zone?

Edited by Keaggan

The first question is not "what is the plan" but rather "how should the plan be determined?" One vassal one vote? Shares of stock for purchase, with wealthier landowners having a greater voice? Single autocratic (but lovable) dictator? Forum survey? Governance is one of the most common trains for failure of community projects, so having a good system for making decisions is as important or more so than what the actual decisions are.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Right now, we are lobbying for ideas. For something in this first Town Crier, it's not as important as far as government. Keaggan is the land architect and ultimately decides the layout of the land. We have a few ideas on HOW guilds/persons can obtain land and/or a voice in matters. But that'll be for another Town Crier. ;)

And as far as governing goes within the FLA, we on the Small Council only really oversee the "Safe Zone" or the Neutral city. We also work on events, and try to make the EK as immersive as possible. But when a Guild acquires a plot of land, they govern it themselves. They are responsible for their own laws in their land, their own taxes, and their own actions of their people.

The fun part about that, is we fully expect (and want) tension to build between guilds. It adds a dynamic that could be very fun to work out. 

OS_Sig3.png

The first question is not "what is the plan" but rather "how should the plan be determined?" One vassal one vote? Shares of stock for purchase, with wealthier landowners having a greater voice? Single autocratic (but lovable) dictator? Forum survey? Governance is one of the most common trains for failure of community projects, so having a good system for making decisions is as important or more so than what the actual decisions are.

Right now, we are lobbying for ideas. For something in this first Town Crier, it's not as important as far as government. Keaggan is the land architect and ultimately decides the layout of the land. We have a few ideas on HOW guilds/persons can obtain land and/or a voice in matters. But that'll be for another Town Crier. ;)

Hey Jihan,

Those are good questions and something I'll need to preface our next Town Crier with where we are coming from. As Noc mentioned we have ideas on how that will be handled and would be a great upcoming discussion. I am really intrigued by the "buying shares" and giving people more voting power...hmm That could be interesting. MOVING ON!  ;)

This is a great idea and I'm willing to contribute a fort to help with land development.

Well thx! This being a community driven EK it can't be done without support. 

Speaking of what's you feelings on much PvP, PvE & RP land should be allotted to each one?

Hey Jihan,

Those are good questions and something I'll need to preface our next Town Crier with where we are coming from. As Noc mentioned we have ideas on how that will be handled and would be a great upcoming discussion. I am really intrigued by the "buying shares" and giving people more voting power...hmm That could be interesting. MOVING ON!  ;)

Well thx! This being a community driven EK it can't be done without support. 

Speaking of what's you feelings on much PvP, PvE & RP land should be allotted to each one?

Is it just one EK or more?  I think the EK ruleset would need to be PvE or PvE RP just because you would want to encourage people to shop without harassment. 

FpOqn82.jpg

I would imagine something similar to this.

FLA_MAP.jpg

Not officially the map of FLA. But maybe something to the lines of nearly 1/3 to each region. But then again... we could always do bleed overs. Or maybe RPers aren't going to be as prominent, should we devote less land to them?

OS_Sig3.png

I would imagine something similar to this.

FLA_MAP.jpg

Not officially the map of FLA. But maybe something to the lines of nearly 1/3 to each region. But then again... we could always do bleed overs. Or maybe RPers aren't going to be as prominent, should we devote less land to them?

c584e30066fd597cc15ce8ad16383178.jpg

Fixed.

xctwLnf.png

Noc that's a beautiful mock-up that really does a great job illustrating a possible layout and zone allotment! I always love your creations.

OK point of clarification. I assumed the ruleset for pvp or pve would be set at the EK level. Not by parcel. Do we have an answer on that from the devs?

There are some images of the EK tools that show some options on the EK, regions, and per parcel. In each one we see PvP, destruction, deco, and player entry permissions.

EK_KingdomBuilder_RC1.png

You can see that the Greyrose Keep is a parcel in the Vale of Tarros. From there you can see the same Greyrose Keep in the Kingdom Builder but now at the parcel building level. Granted these are just concept art pieces but are clues to possibilities. 

EK_KingdomBuilder_RC2.png

This is something that we don't have a definitive answer on yet.  Of course having tools that give us the freedom to not just design the layout and name parts of our EK but also structure how other players can interact with it would be ideal.  

However, since we don't have all the details yet that is why we are starting this discussion thread to work out some ideas. So when we do get the tools we'll have a very solid direction and plan. We will work with what we are given to accomplish our goals!

This is something that we don't have a definitive answer on yet.  Of course having tools that give us the freedom to not just design the layout and name parts of our EK but also structure how other players can interact with it would be ideal.  

However, since we don't have all the details yet that is why we are starting this discussion thread to work out some ideas. So when we do get the tools we'll have a very solid direction and plan. We will work with what we are given to accomplish our goals!

Wow, you are right.  Those tools do include that possibility.  That makes EK's even more customizable.  That is awesome. 

FpOqn82.jpg

I agree RPG needs a smaller area than PVE, because spawners have a limit per parcel.

Possibly also PVP area do not need to be extremely wide, since players need a limited number of POI to contend.

Instead of planning about a third of land for each area, I'd start planning different size (from larger to smaller) for PVE, PVP, RPG.

In the unofficial map there is a unique safe zone, I believe is more pratical having a main safe zone (for inter-guild diplomacy and general marketing purposes) and a certain number of smaller safe zone a player should reach to make a pause (of flee) from PVE/PVP activities.   

That's my cry. :D

Edited by RikForFun

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

I agree RPG needs a smaller area than PVE, because spawners have a limit per parcel.

Possibly also PVP area do not need to be extremely wide, since players need a limited number of POI to contend.

Instead of planning about a third of land for each area, I'd start planning different size (from larger to smaller) for PVE, PVP, RPG.

In the unofficial map there is a unique safe zone, I believe is more pratical having a main safe zone (for inter-guild diplomacy and general marketing purposes) and a certain number of smaller safe zone a player should reach to make a pause (of flee) from PVE/PVP activities.   

That's my cry. :D

Some good ideas in this post. Thank you RikForFun! The multiple POI for the PvP brings up a good point. And we also don't want to hinder any sort of trade based on distance. So perhaps...

We make the PvP zone a sort of crescent around the Main City. And establish "Trade Posts" in the PvP zone that can act as a neutral safe area. 

OS_Sig3.png