Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

Let's prepare for a delay

On 2/9/2016 at 2:31 AM, checkyotrack said:

Why do you need to "prepare" for a delay? Does a video game affect you this much?

S

Edited by Effeh

Why do you need to "prepare" for a delay? Does a video game affect you this much?

Mmhmhmhmm   >_>    

Yeaaah?!     ö.ö

Or what do you think why people are spending so much money for Star Citizen or this one here?!

Seriously.

There is almost like a whole generation of human animals out there, who have no idea what gaming really is.

They live in the believes that mobile games like Candy Crush or other BS the gaming industry produces these days are great games.

Like people who get their cheap, low quality food from the supermarket and think this is healthy, good tasting food.

Take games and anime & manga out of my live and i became a useless, shallow existince, ruining this wonderful planet like the rest of you...

This really is an afront.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

My two cents: This game is in pre-alpha, and guess what happens? Delays. It's life. Development in a game is a very tedious thing. The devs can take as much time as they need to make sure the transition from alpha to beta is smooth, and then beta into launch.

I don't expect anything at the end of this year except for the core module and six playable archetypes that are well fleshed out. To me the core module is why I want this game anyways. That and a wonderful guild with a solid community in game and off.

My two cents: This game is in pre-alpha, and guess what happens? Delays. It's life. Development in a game is a very tedious thing. The devs can take as much time as they need to make sure the transition from alpha to beta is smooth, and then beta into launch.

I don't expect anything at the end of this year except for the core module and six playable archetypes that are well fleshed out. To me the core module is why I want this game anyways. That and a wonderful guild with a solid community in game and off.

Well said.

But what you mean with core module?

The "core module" is the baseline set of features that was specified in the Kickstarter campaign. It is not the "full vision" of Crowfall, but the starting point that they plan to launch with.

Our goal for this Kickstarter is to fund the core module of Crowfall.  

How many games can you play with a standard deck of cards?  Poker, Blackjack, Bridge – the variety is endless. Think of the core module like our baseline deck of cards. This is the foundation of the game, on which all the variant rules sets can be built.

Much of the core module work has already been done; we are looking to the community to help us finish it. Specifically, we will use these funds to build:

4d72fe093f9d6e388aa5d372a9bc5fa6_origina

* The core module is estimated to be delivered by Winter 2016. First release (with partial functionality) will begin alpha testing in late Summer 2015.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Well said.

The KS only covered the dregs portion of the game. Funding goals since then cover additions. 

I role play a wordsmith.

The KS only covered the dregs portion of the game. Funding goals since then cover additions. 

To be clearer, the base level KS funding goal of $800K only covered the dregs; they reached that goal on day 4 of the campaign. The other bands and some additional features were also Kickstarter funded via stretch goals.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I think the faction-based campaign worlds (God's Reach) will make it into the game first, because they are easier to implement than the guild-based ones (The Dregs).

Together with the Eternal Kingdoms.

I've been betting on a delay from the beginning. The fact they think they are "on track" is far off. Do I think they could get the core features down by December, sure. But by no means will they all be perfect. Not to mention that is the "core features". Not including, mounts, pets, relics, gamemodes, etc. they also promised before launch via Kickstarter.

The hopeful consumer that wants to and loves to believe Artcraft is going, "Yay December" but the realist in me is saying, no this is probably a Summer 2017 release. They insist they have a bunch of things behind the scenes we haven't seen but, to me, it still wouldn't be enough to warrant complete faith when we are still on combat and in truth, still hasn't had severe improvements.

Artcraft could easily work on combat straight through until June, but it still might not be good enough for the players. I want the game out soon, but they truly aren't going at a fast enough pace to crank out the stuff on time. An average archetype every 2-3 months, hasn't been a good average, when it is the FOUNDATION of the game. I am still one of the biggest fans though and will be eagerly awaiting the game, but yeah, the December deadline seems like a joke.

The original schedule seems to have slipped by a couple of months. In May, ACE wrote: "To be clear: at this point, nothing has changed. When we said "alpha testing for certain features of the core module will begin at the end of summer, 2015", that was as accurate as we could be (and still can be.)". However, the game is still in Pre-Alpha testing, 5 months after the estimated time for the beginning of alpha testing. Pretty much all projects get delayed at some point of their development though. Imo the earlier the developers acknowledge the delay, rather than acknowledging the confusion in the original wording, the better.

Edited by courant101

Thats always the case when visions and reality collide.

In theory we humans are all great, nice, intelligent, caring and aware of what we are doing.

But in reality people are dumb, uncaring (as long we are doing good ourselves), unaware of how human civilization is going the totally wrong way atm, and for certain not nice!

Edited by Urahara

I also believe there will be a delay (not that that's a bad thing). But you have to also consider that just because they aren't externally testing something that they aren't working on it, so things might be released at an increased pace once they get the core mechanics down.

So far I think they've been doing a wonderful job and the alphas have been releasing much faster than I would have anticipated. If Artcraft continues having an open dialogue with it's playerbase I think the sky is the limit for this mmo.

Even if it's not a blockbuster success like the likes of WoW (which I believe we will just never see again in the MMO genre), it should have a great cult following of dedicated (paying) playerbase.

Do not wish it is easier, wish you were better.

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.

I expect at least 1 year delay on launch. Launch was originally projected by December 2016 during Kickstart.

About the time ACE started pre-alpha testing, 12/16 became the projected start of beta testing.

They'll probably call whatever we do test by 12/16 beta, just to hit the switched target.

Beta testing should be a 24hr/day online campaign world. Every server wipe from beta should start a new world. Crow persistence would be nice, but not needed for early beta testing.

I just hope that whenever CF does launch, it launches because it's a good game and ready to stay online.

I don't want ACE to launch a broken pile of garbage because they're financially broke, or sticking to an arbitrary schedule.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Its a bad thing as long as there is absolutely nothing worthy to be played out there in the whole world, because of which the gaming industry should be ashamed to the bones, instead of silly goofing around and telling us what kind of aweseome people they are, enjoying their useless life as "wanna be" game developers. Just because you can do a bit of programing you arent a game developer.

But as long as they get their money, they couldnt even care less about the quality of games, not to talk about taking risks in making a new game once in a while.

Gaming industry really has become an industry these days...

Edited by Urahara

when i enter into a community of an upcoming game i basically always figure it is not going to come out by the time they promise. i dont know if any games ive followed have came out at their release date. the end of 2017 sounds like a much more realistic goal i think but i just bought this game like a week ago. i just hope beta comes out in 2016. 

best thing to do is find something else to occupy your time. i stopped following anything about star citizen and im not hurting for it to come out. last semester i stopped playing eve online and just kept my skills running. got back to it this semester and my character is soooooo much better. 

i want them to take their time and do this game to the best of their ability. i know it will probably not be the amazing game that they talked about in the first videos i watched, but i think it will still be good. 

Star Citizen and Crowfall are the only games I even care about.

The rest is just more or less industry garbage.

With very few exeptions.

I'm prepared accept false starts and delayed gratification, if it means a well-developed, polished game at release. ESO is a cautionary tale, IMO. I love Elder Scrolls, but ESO made me run away. Launch of ESO was little different than beta, and I think that's what pushed so many Elder Scrolls players away from it, that and the game purchase + online subscription fees. 

ACE, take your time and make the game you want to deliver to your loyal Crows. 3, 6, 9 months, no matter. 

Iri~

So many+1 for this.

It's sad but most of those who complain for delays are nearly always among the first if the game is on time and botched.

I don't recall to have seen even ONE game bug-free, well polished, and released on the date scheduled years in advance.

It's just pure fiction. Once this is accepted, it's clear respecting the timetable is far less important than all the other factors :P

So many+1 for this.

It's sad but most of those who complain for delays are nearly always among the first if the game is on time and botched.

I don't recall to have seen even ONE game bug-free, well polished, and released on the date scheduled years in advance.

It's just pure fiction. Once this is accepted, it's clear respecting the timetable is far less important than all the other factors :P

TESO was a totally dump/bad game from the very beginning, because the developers are .... .

TESO was concepted bad, constructed bad and then made bad, its totally wrong, like the people who made it, and told you how great it will be and all the fantastic stuff.

Charging you an insane amount of money and giving super strong Pre order bonus, just to take your money, because thats what TESO and games are these days, cheap money grabs, nothing else. These people dont want to make games, they want money.

Guild Wars 2 was solid performing at release. Was a very good experience.

The release of an MMO is different from another game genre.

Good MMOs dont really have a state where they are finished and then released, MMOs are constant work in progress.

Todd said he made this mistake with shadowbane himself, thinking release is where you ship your product and its done, its not.

Todd tried to discribe his understanding of the release of an MMO in its product life circle.

I think he said something like, release is today for him where you stop wiping the servers (and the game runs constantly/always accessable for players), before it was where you started collecting money, but today wirth crowdfunding, thats different too.

I would say from an enthusiastic people's standpoint who loves games from the bottom of his heart, release is when you (your team and game) are ready to share your passionate work with the world, when its in a solid state of development and offers a game experience you can have fun with, and invite everybody to being able (permanent accessibility) to share the fun with you.

Just to be clear though.

The people in the gaming industry these days dont think anywhere near this way.

Go and make cheeseburgers you creators... .

On second thought.

I love good real cheeseburgers as well as I love good real games, not the crapy Mc Donalds stuff or the games you people make.

Well so please dont go and make cheeseburgers, and mess this food industry up even more than it is already.

Please dont.

The gaming industry was sooo much better in any way and meaning when I was young, its really upsetting. They ruined it, the new people who came when they realized that games can make lots of money, go away you people! Stay out of the last resort of people looking for hope in this world! This is no place for you people!

Edited by Urahara