Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guild Swarms AKA Goon En Masse

Quurk

Will there be any benefit to roaming around murdering everyone with out doing objectives?

Goons are a gently caress sort and love to reap in the tears of their slain carebears and poop sockers

Are guilds able to Queue up for campaigns in whole or does each member have to find the correct campaign and join in hope of it not becoming full before then.

We don't know how joining campaigns will work yet... I imagine like the rulesets in general it is something they will tinker with over time. 

I wouldn't worry much about goons though, this is a game where player skill is supposed to matter. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

We don't know how joining campaigns will work yet... I imagine like the rulesets in general it is something they will tinker with over time. 

I wouldn't worry much about goons though, this is a game where player skill is supposed to matter. 

You know what they say in the defense industry, "Quantity has a quality all its own."  Being there "firstest with the mostest" tends to be a winning strategy.  

You know what they say in the defense industry, "Quantity has a quality all its own."  Being there "firstest with the mostest" tends to be a winning strategy.  

Depends on how the game is designed. The goon alliance in Eve is well known, but in Planetside 2 for example there are a handful of goon guilds (outfits) and, while one is formidable, they aren't exactly server-dominating powerhouses.

Edited by recatek

Power in numbers is real in many things and should be real in crowfall. I think the only thing that should be different from goonswarm in eve and goon like tactics in crowfall is the space that is occupied. In eve you can have ridiculous amounts of ships in the exact same spot basically. There's no people in the back not able to shoot their guns bc their isn't enough room. In crowfall this could and should be different. As long as u can't walk through people, there should be the same tactics they used in 300(funneling the Persians into a cave or something so their numbers don't count for nearly as much), or what happens in starcraft games (units taking up physical space and working around the environment to be able to attack an enemy).if there are 50 people attacking a party of 20 but it's in a narrow corridor where not everyone is able to fight at the same time, then the group of 20 have a lot better chance. If the 50 surround the 20 then they have a lot worse chance. I think this should be taken into consideration. Mages and archers might be a different story since they are ranged though.

LOL!

You Don't Stop Playing Games when You Get Old...

You Get Old When You Stop Playing Games!

Some server rulesets should allow for swarming...free for all for example.  Other rulesets will negate the goons' numbers, or at least hamper their ability to organize.  A real threat in any game though, which offers factionless large-scale warfare.  Friendly fire will also hurt these large groups.

Edited by goqua