Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GRiPSViGiL

Social Environment

So I was contemplating some things about player interactions and ways to track reputation or record notes for interactions with other players.  Is there any idea how the social environment will have us interface in game?  I haven't researched in depth but I have some points of discussion that can be kicked around hopefully.  I suppose I could manually document the pertinent info myself but it would be oh so convenient if it was kept in game.  Here goes:

-Will there be chat lobbies?

-Will there be some kind of nemesis/friends list to manage where you could input notes or some way of recording info based on whatever interactions occurred? 

-Will there be some kind of visual reputation metric when spectating a players info?

-Is there local chat, all chat, faction chat, whisper chat, etc?

-What should we expect when the game releases concerning the social environment and how to navigate it?

-Will there be anything in game to document player interactions like trades, purchases, ie. history of transactions?

Just wondering aloud at this point.  I would assume it would be similar to other MMOs and since I have not played a game like EVE, which I see some people bring up from time to time when making comparisons, I was hoping others could enlighten me.

What about you have to be wearing an item that allows you access to global chat ... kind of like a cell phone/jewelry.  Then you can have magical towers that you build to give you coverage.   That gives some items to craft, buildings to create and stuff to loot off of dead players.  Crafters would be able to use it to ply their goods.    

I already thought of a solution for trading and making sure there is no trickery. It worked like a tally stick. When I remember what it acually was in game I gladely edit this post ^^;;

You could of course just put in an item like this ...

I AM ME!
I love you all.

The Nemisis / Friends List, with NOTES is a great idea.

I have a tendency to play a "hunter-killer" in that my singular pleasure is to counter-gank gankers.  No one crys as much or louder, it's a hoot.

In some games however all you get is a simple friend's list log.  If I want to track someone I encountered engaged in nit-wittery, I'll friend them up cause that's all I have available.  Eventually, over months, it predictably turns into a mosh of names both friend and foe, etc.

Nice hit on that one Grips.

Second the motion for a Friend and Foe list feature that includes a short note capability as to WHY that player/character was logged (if possible).

If notes are out, a segregated Friend vs Foe list makes great sense for CF.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

The Nemisis / Friends List, with NOTES is a great idea.

I have a tendency to play a "hunter-killer" in that my singular pleasure is to counter-gank gankers.  No one crys as much or louder, it's a hoot.

In some games however all you get is a simple friend's list log.  If I want to track someone I encountered engaged in nit-wittery, I'll friend them up cause that's all I have available.  Eventually, over months, it predictably turns into a mosh of names both friend and foe, etc.

Nice hit on that one Grips.

Second the motion for a Friend and Foe list feature that includes a short note capability as to WHY that player/character was logged (if possible).

If notes are out, a segregated Friend vs Foe list makes great sense for CF.

Exactly what I was getting at.  I think it is good to develop rivalries between players and or guilds for that matter.  Faction rivalries are innate by default but my memory is only so good.  Name recognition will eventually occur but I would love to be able to track whether someone double crossed me or had an epic back and forth.

Im for a global chat if its in Combat Ive watched many  videos of the combat and it seems the lack of interacting or  stooping to chat to your tea via  keyboard is cumbersome and added to much fail in the matches.

Either a group chat feature or something like what Lord of the Rings did  or any console system has ( group voice chat)  I tell you when I watch those videos I cringe at some of the actions going on due to lack of communication  LOL

What about you have to be wearing an item that allows you access to global chat ... kind of like a cell phone/jewelry.  Then you can have magical towers that you build to give you coverage.   That gives some items to craft, buildings to create and stuff to loot off of dead players.  Crafters would be able to use it to ply their goods.    

Dang leaves me with a  what about add ons for the game? like kill counter ect? Book of the Dead? ill check forums never thought if game will allow add ons.,..