Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders’ Update: Client controller fix incoming! - Official discussion thread

I've edited the news article section about the test rewards to correct and clarify:

- Pre-Alpha 2 has been granted to current Ruby and Emerald backers (Diamond already had it)

- Those who purchase or upgrade to Ruby and Emerald level in the future will be in the Pre-Alpha 2 group

- The Pre-Alpha 2 group will be queued up between Pre-Alpha 1 and Alpha 1 when we begin again with a new phase of testing (i.e. Pre-Alpha 2.0: Siege Perilous) 

Hey Pann...

Hook me up with key, or else..... I tell everyone your first name is Peter!

Lf6MJUL.png

http://www.legend-gaming.net

Pingu - Member

---------------------------"Winter is coming"---------------------------

1. Forgot to ask when is the list of trusted trader vendors coming out? 
  2. How will the process work?
  3. If they are third party how will items be transferred? 
  4. Are you expecting them to have access to our accounts?
  5. If you are using a third party to handle the buying/selling part why are you charging a transaction fee?
  6. Does this mean they handle the money and you do the actual item transfers?
  7. Who sets the "fixed price amount" mentioned in TT FAQ #10?

great questions, we'll get them added to the FAQ, the short answer is: we're going to give them an API to tie into our system, but they won't be able to initiate a transfer without your confirmation.  and the cost that we want to cover is the support cost, because even though we're going to offload most of it, we'll undoubtedly be brought into any disputes, and we need to plan for that.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Thx GW!

1. Forgot to ask when is the list of trusted trader vendors coming out? 
  2. How will the process work?
  3. If they are third party how will items be transferred? 
  4. Are you expecting them to have access to our accounts?
  5. If you are using a third party to handle the buying/selling part why are you charging a transaction fee?
  6. Does this mean they handle the money and you do the actual item transfers?
  7. Who sets the "fixed price amount" mentioned in TT FAQ #10?

1. When we're ready.  :)   Seriously, when they are ready to launch their services.

2. Not sure exactly what you are asking, but the process should we self-evident once they launch.  They have a store front which offers items for sale and may offer to buy certain items.

3. Todd answered this but the key thing is all the transfers (except the money you pay them) occur on our system.

4. No.  You'll be able to give access to your inventory for a specific transaction to occur, but they will never have your account login information.

5. Todd answered this too.  It's cost us money to put this program together, we have to service the relationship with the partner and we have to work on any disputes that will (inevitably) occur, after all MMO customers are involved!

6. Exactly right.

7. The Trusted Trader sets their own prices for retired items.  For example I'd expect there will be a buy and sell price for a Kickstarter Amber Pledge Package that are fixed (and honored).  The Trusted Trader can modify these prices as they see fit.  What we don't allow is an auction system for a retired item or pledge package.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

will need download another client? or will be the same? because in servers is showing to me invalid client

It's possible, but you won't need to completely re-download the client, just run the patcher.

I just ran it and no new patch yet. I'm also getting the invalid client on the Gaea server, so maybe they have updated the server but having pushed the new patch out yet.

What about packaged, unpackaged items... And we can sell entire packages?

Yes. All or part of it IF it is a retired package. Example: KS pledges are retired. Soon 2015 will be too.

GW also answered some more of my detailed questions:

1. All Kickstarter items and packages are retired.  All 2015 items and packages will be retired at the end of February.

2. Items which are specific to a year (2015) that is retired or the Kickstarter, are the same as the same items purchased from the store

3. Yes, you can sell the retired items from consumed packages if one of the Trusted Traders is buying them

1. When we're ready.  :)   Seriously, when they are ready to launch their services.

2. Not sure exactly what you are asking, but the process should we self-evident once they launch.  They have a store front which offers items for sale and may offer to buy certain items.

3. Todd answered this but the key thing is all the transfers (except the money you pay them) occur on our system.

4. No.  You'll be able to give access to your inventory for a specific transaction to occur, but they will never have your account login information.

5. Todd answered this too.  It's cost us money to put this program together, we have to service the relationship with the partner and we have to work on any disputes that will (inevitably) occur, after all MMO customers are involved!

6. Exactly right.

7. The Trusted Trader sets their own prices for retired items.  For example I'd expect there will be a buy and sell price for a Kickstarter Amber Pledge Package that are fixed (and honored).  The Trusted Trader can modify these prices as they see fit.  What we don't allow is an auction system for a retired item or pledge package.

Thx again for clarity.

Also #2 was asked then I broke it down into several smaller parts with questions #3-#7 lol

So yeah...I just was looking for details. See ya in game tonight!

Lets hope that finally a little bit of the good old times come back, when gaming was fun.

Back then the people who made games were making games, because they wanted to make games, they really liked what they were doing and wanted to make this game they had in their mind. It wasnt even a profession you were able to learn or so, creativ and inspired people were the ones who made games.

Today the people who make games, dont really want to make games, they just want money. If you told them, to give them money and they dont have to make a game, they would take the money and leave, because they dont want to make any game they have in mind or so. The people in the gaming industry really are the worst today, and are totally different from the people back in the golden days of gaming. Gaming has become the worst, like the rest of the world, only cearing about money. Thats all. Worthlless colorful paper with numbers on.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Hey Pann...

Hook me up with key, or else..... I tell everyone your first name is Peter!

8798911051_7076be2b8f.jpg

It's a key! It's a cookie! It's magical! 

.I just was looking for details. 

Thanks for asking. We can only guess at what questions people may have. Follow up questions help us make the FAQ better. I'm making revisions now. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

But, because the audience we are aiming for is PC MMO based, we are trying to make it behave like a typical MMO Kinematic controller when it comes to turning, starts and stops.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I have ALWAYS hated that!  It's counter-intuitive and ridiculous.  If a dude is running full speed he shouldn't be able to stop on a dime, turn 180* in the blink of an eye, and go full speed again in the opposite direction!

You have a real opportunity to make a game where that unnatural behavior doesn't exist, and you're going to intentionally add it back in?!  I was so excited for the physics engine and you're going to poison it with the same garbage every other game has.

I thought the audience you were aiming for were people who are sick of WoW and all it's clones and wanted something different.  I guess I was wrong.

Congrats on being on the list of most anticipated MMO's of 2016.........in my personal opinion you are THE MMO of this year, I have been watching this game, Camelot Unchained and Albion Online closely the past six months, as I need a new MMO home, and have settled on this one, especially with the info coming out over the past month..........looking forward to upgrading to the Alpha 2 tier and then helping to test and contribute over the summer so we all have a kick ass new MMO home this winter that is around and fun for years to come.

For the night is dark and filled with terrors.