Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tuhljin

Problems with old Newsroll, Backers pages

There seem to be some old pages sticking around that could cause confusion to some visitors.

First, there are currently two news pages, the new "News" page - http://crowfall.com/en/news/ - and the old "Newsroll" - https://crowfall.com/en/newsroll/ . This seems redundant. Most places link to the new page but if you follow an old bookmark or link, you can end up at the old page. Notably, backers.crowfall.com links to the old page.

Worse than redundancy, though, is that the old newsroll isn't being updated. The latest news on it is from December 3rd. It would be better to have a single news page, so I suggest that 1) links to the old newsroll should instead point to the new page, and 2) in order to handle people coming in from off-site links and bookmarks, going to the old newsroll URL should redirect the visitor to the new News page.

Secondly, backers.crowfall.com has a "latest news" section but its latest entry is from November and the entries have overlapping text (viewed in Chrome, at least).

Moreover, I get the feeling that backers.crowfall.com isn't even supposed to be around any more. I don't see what it accomplishes that isn't accomplished somewhere else. Perhaps visitors to those pages should be redirected elsewhere.

Edited by Tuhljin

Thanks for reporting this. The old newsroll page isn't supposed to be used at all anymore, and only exists because of the peculiarities of our cobbled-together publish system. We had also originally intended to move the store over to the new site as well, but ran out of time.

At some point we'd like to clean up these things and finish the work on the web site. But for now, we are focused on building the game. I hope you agree that's the most important thing  :)

Ed Zavada, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Thanks for reporting this. The old newsroll page isn't supposed to be used at all anymore, and only exists because of the peculiarities of our cobbled-together publish system. We had also originally intended to move the store over to the new site as well, but ran out of time.

At some point we'd like to clean up these things and finish the work on the web site. But for now, we are focused on building the game. I hope you agree that's the most important thing  :)

Yes, if you let us know you are aware of stuff and need resources instead devoted solely to the game.  Go for it.  Take your time.  ;)

FpOqn82.jpg

I do agree, but I do hope that you at least make the old Newsroll page do a redirect. When I first noticed the problem, I had been going to it daily for several days without realizing that new articles had been posted but weren't listed there. You could also simply remove the "latest news" section from the backers page, so it doesn't confuse anyone.

At some point we'd like to clean up these things and finish the work on the web site. But for now, we are focused on building the game. I hope you agree that's the most important thing 

So they're giving the web team game-design tasks as well? That's awesome! What do they have you working on currently, if you can share?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

So they're giving the web team game-design tasks as well? That's awesome! What do they have you working on currently, if you can share?

It was more of a case of hiring me to do game dev, but needing someone to quickly move us onto a web platform that gave the folks like Pann and Billy more creative control.

I'm working on skills at the moment. Beyond that, well, always in motion is the future :-)

I finally had a chance to fix this a few days ago. I believe I've fixed all the links in the menus on the old site to go directly to their correct location on the new site. I've also removed all the old pages that were causing confusion. Let me know if I've missed something.

Thanks for all your patience.