Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Skills FAQ: How to train your crow - Official discussion thread

Wow that is intense.  I really like the fact Crowfall gives options to VIP players instead of power.  I was worried about that. 

It looks like the skill capping only comes into play depending on vessels and other factors so theoretically you can train indefinitely. Is that accurate?

The FAQ mentioned setting skills to train.  Will you have to log into the game to set or reset skills?  How far in advance can you set skills?  In EVE before they allowed advance setting on skills it was annoying if your skill training ended in the middle of the night and you lost 8 hours or more of skill training because you weren't available to log into the game. 

After reading the FAQ again it sounds like the 24 hour training service might be something like a mobile app you can use to train your skills.  Is that true? 

Edited by preston

FpOqn82.jpg

I like the way that loosing a vessel results in loosing progression. While the progression itself is not lost, the ability to use that progression is. This is a very clever solution to not losing the risk v reward potential of progression loss on death! The more we hear of this system, the more confident we can be that there will be support for this dynamic!

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

I like the way that loosing a vessel results in loosing progression. While the progression itself is not lost, the ability to use that progression is. A very clever solution to not losing the risk v reward potential of losing progression on death! The more I hear of this system, the better it supports this dynamic!

Hmm, so you won't lose any progression by losing a vessel if you die.  Though, going back through the FAQ, this game is pretty brutal lol, though that is a good thing, vessels will probably always be in demand since they decay.  Kind of a neat twist, you die, you keep all your skills, but you have to either retrieve your old vessel if you can, or if you can't you buy or find a new one.  Though, I wonder if they're just laying about in some places because it would suck to have no money, no vessel, and have yours decay or get lost during battle.

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito

The system sounds solid. Not pure EVE, but a good rendition of it. Vessels are like your ships, and if that ship (Vessel) gets destroyed, you don't loose all your awesomeness, just a portion of it. Not to say that gear loss doesn't hurt, or vessel loss won't hurt, but it adds a good degree of smart play and team play. No matter how skilled a solo player is, under the weight of 2,3, or more players even they will fall. 

Hmm, so you won't lose any progression by losing a vessel if you die.  Though, going back through the FAQ, this game is pretty brutal lol, though that is a good thing, vessels will probably always be in demand since they decay.  Kind of a neat twist, you die, you keep all your skills, but you have to either retrieve your old vessel if you can, or if you can't you buy or find a new one.  Though, I wonder if they're just laying about in some places because it would suck to have no money, no vessel, and have yours decay or get lost during battle.

Imagine if you had a few spares laying around, but a rival guild ambushed and killed your entire guild AND raided your stash at the same time... Now that is the kind of awesome guild drama that Crowfall is(hopefully) built for!

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

Great drop, ACE!

Imagine if you had a few spares laying around, but a rival guild ambushed and killed your entire guild AND raided your stash at the same time... Now that is the kind of awesome guild drama that Crowfall is(hopefully) built for!

So, I won't risk an EK vessel in a CW until I have better to train with.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I believe there will be places in the campaign worlds to acquire vessels. Like a Centaur Catacomb or something. Find a graveyard and posses a soul in a crypt or something.

vReJSn3.jpg

I would think there would be like a banking system in place with limited space and if your guild/city is destroyed during a siege you lose everything in the bank.  I would hate to have to carry around spare vessels if I wanted to play something different in the same campaign and risk losing it.  

Can a Crow train skills in multiple promotions for a single archetype, e.g. both Swordsman and Crusader? Or does training into one promotion permanently close the other two skill trees for that archetype?

If I have trained Swordsman skills and find a default Knight vessel, can I promote that vessel to Swordsman during initialization, or does the vessel have to originally have been created/spawned as a Swordsman vessel?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I believe there will be places in the campaign worlds to acquire vessels. Like a Centaur Catacomb or something. Find a graveyard and posses a soul in a crypt or something.

Your comment just raised a question for me. If your crow is basically your ghost form, it's invulnerable to damage right? Does that mean you start CWs like the dregs in Crow form (since there is no import) or do you get a default body? Also, what's to keep people from scouting in crow form? Is there a consequence for staying dead for too long?

Your comment just raised a question for me. If your crow is basically your ghost form, it's invulnerable to damage right? Does that mean you start CWs like the dregs in Crow form (since there is no import) or do you get a default body? Also, what's to keep people from scouting in crow form? Is there a consequence for staying dead for too long?

Maybe the Crow isn't invulnerable, but has low HP if it dies it just goes back to your city/guild/home?  No clue, good question.  

It's invulnerable to damage.

You start CW according to the rules of that particular CW. Maybe just the crow can join, maybe 1 naked vessel on the crow.

Blair stated that disembodied crows cannot see living players or mobs. Still, this allows for scouting the terrain without risk.

You probably cannot passively train archetype skills while in crow form.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Can a Crow train skills in multiple promotions for a single archetype, e.g. both Swordsman and Crusader? Or does training into one promotion permanently close the other two skill trees for that archetype?

If I have trained Swordsman skills and find a default Knight vessel, can I promote that vessel to Swordsman during initialization, or does the vessel have to originally have been created/spawned as a Swordsman vessel?

I believe it was stated that since the promotions are basically dependant branches of the base Archetype, this means that it all counts as 1 tree, so the "no doubling up in the same skill tree" applies. Short answer, no.

I also believe that Vessels have to be promotion vessels, so you'll need a Swordsman Vessel to access the Swordsman skills.

I bet here's always some really basic vessel you can get. 

FpOqn82.jpg

I am pretty sure you get to choose the vessel you go in with since you won't be able to kill anything to get a vessel otherwise.  But there may be a campaign rule where your vessel is naked going in. 

FpOqn82.jpg