Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azsh

KS Character Slots for Passive Training Slots?

Hi Devs and Crows!

I think trading in our character slots for 2 additional archetype training slots is a fair deal...weigh in please!

Thanks

Azsh

So for $75 one time, you want lifetime VIP status? I'm sure ACE will love that idea.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Well in theory the archetypes were going to be locked per slot so if the plan is to allow training on only 3 archetypes passives at a time based on skill faq then allowing this would be equal to having the character slots. My original character archetype plans of X, X, X, X, and Y would now be supplemented by said training slots based upon my KS pledge which allowed me to have a total of 5 characters or archetypes.

Azsh

The problem with this kind of idea is that it's straight buying of power. The character slots were intended for you to have multiple archetypes training at one time, but with the inclusion of vessels that can't really stay. It would give VIP players far too much that they could skill in and those who don't have VIP,or stop paying for it, now getting VIP for free. Sorry to say but this is a really bad idea.

I think the dilemma here is that you can currently take the $75 and straight up buy accounts with it. So, whatever they come up with will have to be better than that or at least equal. VIP is already undervalued for a lot of people. My suggestion would be something like an upgrade to your fortification size or extra tax free parcels.

These are always tough because we each assign different values to the items in out pledges. Some could value tax-free parcels more than VIPs or character slots more than another cottage.

So trying to find a replacement is always rough and the only thing the Devs could do is offer the store price.

Edited by Keaggan

These are always tough because we each assign different values to the items in out pledges. Some could value tax-free parcels more than VIPs or character slots more than another cottage.

So trying to find a replacement is always rough and the only they the Devs could do is offer the store price.

Yep this. Personally I only really ever play one main and dabble with an alt in these games so having extra training slots beyond 2-3 is pointless for me.

So yeah agree what ever they come up with as a replacement hope its a more universal type thing.

Hi Devs and Crows!

I think trading in our character slots for 2 additional archetype training slots is a fair deal...weigh in please!

Thanks

So Kickstarter pledgers who also have VIP would be able to train in 5 archetypes?  1 (that everyone gets) + 2 (from VIP) + 2 (from KS) = 5?  I'd be on board with that.  Since they basically allowed everyone extra "slots" via VIP I'd like to get what I pledged for.

So for $75 one time, you want lifetime VIP status? I'm sure ACE will love that idea.

Or any Tom,  Diċk, or Harry can just you know, buy three accounts, have lifetime pseudo-VIP status, AND get to train 3 general skills at a time which is even more powerful than 1 general skill queue and 5 archetype skill queues (of which only one can be used at a time).

Edited by sidney

I think trading it in for VIP time might be okay, but I'm sure they have something else in mind (maybe cosmetic or something). But if you're talking just making every additional character equate to maybe 3 months VIP, I'd see that as fine I suppose. If not and you do mean permanently free VIP perks, that's just insane and won't happen.

Sidney sees what I am saying...and the $75 amount is just a perceived value set by ACE IMHO. Per my original KS pledge I was suppose to receive 2 slots for early backing as were thousands of others. So if passive training for 3 seperate archetype skills is not a game breaking advantage compared to 1 then why is 5? It will not make my said choice of vessel any stronger that the person with 1 if what ACE proposes works right. I get it will allow me more choice of vessel throughout the game but is not that what pledge package options are suppose to offer? I dont neccesarily need the God Statues or Thralls per se but they in theory also give me advantages above those who chose not to pledge during KS. Just saying!

Azsh

So if passive training for 3 seperate archetype skills is not a game breaking advantage compared to 1 then why is 5?

The problem isn't "gamebreaking advantage", the problem is "revenue stream". VIP is $15/mo, a second account is $38 now or $45 in two weeks. Why would they give you the same benefit for just $25?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

If you tied the extra two Archetype training slots to only while VIP status is maintained...then they aren't losing any source of income...and the Kickstarter Backers get a bonus similar to what they had expected (additional playable characters)...but only so long as VIP status is maintained (either through the KS pledge...or additional monthly payments when KS VIP bonus expires). I like it!

Or any Tom,  Diċk, or Harry can just you know, buy three accounts, have lifetime pseudo-VIP status, AND get to train 3 general skills at a time which is even more powerful than 1 general skill queue and 5 archetype skill queues (of which only one can be used at a time).

This is the idea that bothers me. They need some way to limit players to one account. Pay for VIP or don't, but don't set up a system that's subject to wholesale manipulation, obviously. I have to think the devs have considered this.

If you want to see what the alternative looks like, see SB after it went free where every player logged multiple toons for sieges and even mine fights. That just wasn't fun.