Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kroanus

The Immortal Championship

So, I love what you guys are doing with the campaigns and siege battles and things like that. It's a fantastic concept, but I really think it would be easy and very awesome to implement an arena style pvp. 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 arena style PvP.

Story: The Gods in an effort to prove the power of their might, display the power of their immortal champions who wage war in their name. As such, the Immortal Championship was created where Gods pit their Immortal Champions against one another to prove their power as a whole.

Arena: Just a standard roman coliseum, possibly some pillars around for LoS, no real traps. Enough to fit 6 people comfortably. 

Game types: 1v1 2v2 & 3v3 Death Matches. 1 life, best 2/3 

Rewards: Gold and EXP

Purpose:

1. Gets people used to using their characters and fighting 1v1 and in small teams. 

2. You learn about other archetypes in a 1v1 situation instead of a chaotic situation improving character knowldge.

3. If 1v1 is a game mode, it is more likely that each class is equally balanced.

4. This can be a form of ranked leader board style game play.

It's a pretty straight forward idea. Would love to get some feedback on if it is possible or something you think you guys might want to do. 

I seriously doubt they will add something like this as it will take players away from the primary focus, which is the campaigns. Also, regarding your point #3, they aren't intending to balance this game for 1 vs 1. They are balancing around groups.

That doesn't mean that one archetype will always beat another archetype, but it may require more skill for one archetype to beat another archetype. If there is anything ridiculously unbalanced, they will address it, as they did when champion's Rend was doing way too much damage.

You are quite blatent about not knowing the game:

#1 Nothing awards Exp. You rarely get gold (as a currency) for mobs. But for the most part you farm and get stuffs from the campaign rewards.

#2 As Arkade already said it is balanced around groups.

But I will look for 1v1 fights anyway because it is the most fun I had in Crowfall so far. World of Warcraft PvP also exists although the devs actively work agaisnt it / disregard it.

Edited by IamMe

I AM ME!
I love you all.

MOBAs already exist. ACE is trying to create a new genre, not compete in an existing and crowded one.

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

You are quite blatent about not knowing the game:

#1 Nothing awards Exp. You rarely get gold (as a currency) for mobs. But for the most part you farm and get stuffs from the campaign rewards.

#2 As Arkade already said it is balanced around groups.

But I will look for 1v1 fights anyway because it is the most fun I had in Crowfall so far. World of Warcraft PvP also exists although the devs actively work agaisnt it / disregard it.

scout duels and gank groups are all the rage in open world sand box games.

As for the OP. I think things of that nature should be dictated by the player base and not an arena mode.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

It's always good to see suggestions, but make sure to read up on the game and the direction the roadmap is heading before throwing something into the hat like this. 

Arena: Just a standard roman coliseum, possibly some pillars around for LoS, no real traps. Enough to fit 6 people comfortably. 

Game types: 1v1 2v2 & 3v3 Death Matches. 1 life, best 2/3 

Rewards: Gold and EXP

It's a pretty straight forward idea. Would love to get some feedback on if it is possible or something you think you guys might want to do. 

Plz NO.

Arena Pvp is Ruining the whole concept in my eys... Allowing it with no Rewards and no Rank System may be ok. 

But bringing Gold an Skills for fighting one vs one is horrible.

The whole Crowfall Skill System is there to bring a ton of options. You cant win every fight. You may get a good point in a situation with the right trained skills and may loose in another situation.

a Arena is always the same situation bringing people to train just a few skills just for arenafights.

There is no need in my eys to ruin this game with a 1 vs 1 arena. There will much possible 1 vs 1 fights in the campaigns...

As said before organized Guilds with EK Arenas will good enough for this kind of fights..

greeting

Edited by belgerog

Bavarie Blue / Happy Tree Friends (HTF) and Pirates of Carribbean (POC)

I believe that it was stated somewhere that EK rulers can set the PVP rules of their kingdom. What I'm getting at is that this seems like something that could be player managed without too much difficulty. The only real loss being a ranking system/ladder.

Several guilds already plan to build gladiatorial stadia in their EK's.

We don't need a game mechanic to support this idea.

^^^^^^^^^ No need for ACE to build some stupid little arena that you go and fight at when we can build it ourselves in our EK's. It's gonna be awesome when we get to a point where it's known that "yadda yadda's" guild EK is where you go to duel and fight. People will come and try to #$% it up but that is the great part about it. Player policed. Same as back in the days of UO, we used to do that sh1t all the time.

Edited by dsbjon