Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For Those Of You Advoocating For Full Loot....

godshand

How do you feel about asset protection?

I would expect this to be an all or nothing viewpoint; I assume those who want full loot to also support no asset protection.

Why would you make another topic? Define asset protection.. the devil really is in the details.

You pk me and take my gear, me and my buddies log in and tear your stuff down while you sleep

I don't want PvB at 3am... hell no

forcing guilds to recruit from different timezones to get 24/7 online presence is just a hassle.

I agree.

However, I find it hard to argue for full consequence in loot and have protected assets if there is city structure.

If it's anything like shadowbanes protection, your tree of life ranked up, allowing you to protect more and more buildings. You could only damage buildings by "baning" the tree, where it would have a set time the bane would go live, disabling any protection. Not having some sort of asset protection would make city building pointless.

no it's not "this"

advocating full consequence and no protection on one hand and against it on the other......

The difference is you've actively placed yourself at risk in one situation, and in the other situation you're dealing with that pesky but inevitable thing called life. It would be like having your character just stand there for anyone to kill when you're offline. People need to at least sleep, eat, and go to the bathroom sometime.

Edited by txteclipse

no it's not "this"

advocating full consequence and no protection on one hand and against it on the other......

direct consequences...not losing something when offline and not able to defend...

that's like you not despawning from the world when you log out, and someone coming over and ganking your toon while it "sleeps" and taking your stuff

yeah...it's hilarious....but you can't defend yourself...so the risk/reward is completely tilted in the attacker's favor since they risk nothing and gain all...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

direct consequences...not losing something when offline and not able to defend...

that's like you not despawning from the world when you log out, and someone coming over and ganking your toon while it "sleeps" and taking your stuff

yeah...it's hilarious....but you can't defend yourself...so the risk/reward is completely tilted in the attacker's favor since they risk nothing and gain all...

That's a good description. There must be risk involved. Burning down a town while no one is online is very little risk, substantial reward.

no it's not "this"

If people can kill you and loot you while you are offline and sleeping then you have a point.

Otherwise, there is a big difference.

IhhQKY6.gif

So by that argument you should be able to kill me while I'm offline at work or asleep too.  No, asset protection is only fair.  Realistically, yeah, you'd be able to torch my buildings to your heart's content, but as a gameplay element, that's not that great.  Nobody would build cities because they'd just get sacked while nobody is looking and you'd lose more than you got out of it by building one.  It's fine to advocate risk vs reward in the game, but unless the reward is actually worth the risk, there's no point.  No asset protection puts the risk level way too high for the reward to be worth anything. 

exactly

so

either devalue gear or protect it

they both either are or are not going to be key elements of he game

Edited by godshand

gear is not equal to assets (IE: cities, buildings walls)

gear is what you have on....

my gear is at risk of damage/destruction or maybe even being taken from my corpse...that's fine..i'm in it and can defend it

i'm logged off and you burn my house down when i can't defend it?

as i said previously....in any PvP environment the balance of Risk versus Reward is one of the MOST important variables, imo

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

gear is not equal to assets (IE: cities, buildings walls)

gear is what you have on....

my gear is at risk of damage/destruction or maybe even being taken from my corpse...that's fine..i'm in it and can defend it

i'm logged off and you burn my house down when i can't defend it?

as i said previously....in any PvP environment the balance of Risk versus Reward is one of the MOST important variables, imo

you're running solo...

a party rolls up...

good luck defending.

I'm with ya on risk/reward,.but there is always circumstance

Yeah gear and assets are very different animals to deal with. One you have the active opportunity the other to protect, the other you could log in one day and find all your walls missing....I kind of miss those days in SB. The week long wall bashing bane prep nights. Good times good times.

Shadowbane - Aflac 
Advocates of Evil - RIP