Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vagantem2nd

Crowfall Mobile App

Crowfall team,

I highly recommend development of a mobile app for Crowfall in conjunction with a web character portal.  The primary selling point of the app could be:

1.) Skill training convience

2.) Campaign status

The first feature would add convenience and ease of use found in modern day gaming and should appeal to much of today's audience.  The campaign status would allow for those who are interested or really involved in their campaigns to see how they or their guild are doing.  Here are some other features you might want to possibly include:

1.) Character paper doll with stats

2.) Possible mini-game (good for prior to release for hype build)

3.) management of eternal kingdom

4.) Guild chat (possible bandwidth hog)

5.) Bank/Inventory interface

6.) Links to current news/patches

7.) Security token key generation for account security.

Obviously you need to account for scope creep and KISS (Keep It Simple Sailor) is often the best approach.  Especially since you don't want to overwhelm people with a new product.  In my opinion I think such a mobile app/webpage portal could help drive the game's hype train and add an appeal to the player base.  Thank you for your time and good job so far I am looking forward to the game.

Very Respectfully,

Vagantem

I'd love it. In fact, I'd love to work on one, given the chance. However I doubt I'd be able to do much more than a skill planner without access to Crowfall's databases, servers, or accounts. Although that does sound like a fun Unity side project once we start getting access to the skill trees...

Inferni,

Funny you should mention that.  I just came back to post the recommendation of community involvement.   That is the Crowfall team could turn to the community, probably in the future, for an event/contest to develop the app.  Ultimately this would provide good hype, community building, and a mobile app.  Secondarily it could at least provide them with a wealth of creative ideas and examples to utilize as a foundation for when they are able, if ever, to create one.

V/R,

Vagantem

Inferni,

Funny you should mention that.  I just came back to post the recommendation of community involvement.   That is the Crowfall team could turn to the community, probably in the future, for an event/contest to develop the app.  Ultimately this would provide good hype, community building, and a mobile app.  Secondarily it could at least provide them with a wealth of creative ideas and examples to utilize as a foundation for when they are able, if ever, to create one.

V/R,

Vagantem

An event contest to build a mobile app for them is a great idea! It would probably need some good incentives though.

vReJSn3.jpg

Looks like someone beat me to it. I definitely agree this is a MUST for the VIP subscribers. 

Post from other thread:

You absolutely must offer a web interface and smart phone app so that we can follow/change our skill training while not in game. This of course would be a VIP only feature. I could see that being a big selling point for people.

Based on your demographic research you know that your backers have jobs, families, etc. but are also competitive gamer's who will want to maximize their training time. If I'm going to finish training a skill while I'm at work I'd love to be able to switch to the next skill while at work. I would PAY EXTRA to do that. 

Think about it. 

Going to post this in the suggestion box also. 

I'd love it. In fact, I'd love to work on one, given the chance. However I doubt I'd be able to do much more than a skill planner without access to Crowfall's databases, servers, or accounts. Although that does sound like a fun Unity side project once we start getting access to the skill trees...

Even if you made a skill planner in website form I'd use it all the time, the Hunger Dome is so "go, go, go" that i'd like to be able to peruse the skill tree in my free time to see what's available. Having it link up to our accounts would be an added bonus. 

Hg0LXwa.png