Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IdeaMatrix

Crafting Skills List

So, good news everybody. We have an alpha confirmed base skill set for crafting. The main skills are similar to other mmo's.

*UPDATE* Here is an outside website provided by Tinnis from Caldera. It includes videos of several of the skill trees including more than just crafting. https://sites.google.com/site/crowfallresource/

Here's a list of known skills: (descriptions are speculation).
1) Necromancy - the art of crafting body parts into vessels for eternal crows to wear.
2) Jewel crafting (Lapidary) - probably responsible for crafting stat increasing magical gems and trapping thralls into items.
3) Woodworking - probably carpentry, bow fletching, and possibly war machines
4) Stone Masonry - most likely the architecture profession, Furniture and decorations.
5) Leatherworking - probably medium armor crafter, bag maker, saddle maker.
6) Blacksmithing - heavy armor, tool maker (traditional blacksmith skills)
7) Tailoring - light armor, decorative clothes, bags, rope and string. Possibly map making etc
8) Runemaking - probably discipline maker, possibly magic consumables

...and Exploration

1) Animal Husbandry - animal breeder/bio engineer
2) Farming - self explanatory
3) Tracking - tracking players, POIs, animals etc
4) Vessels - apparently a skill to better control vessels and allow for players to use Legendary vessels. I imagine it will also give benefits to swapping vessels as well.
5) Harvesting - mining, lumberjacking etc

KNOWN GENERAL CRAFTING SKILLS:

Artistry: Craft Back
Artistry: Quality Crafts
Artistry: Crafting Skills/Basic Recipes
Improved Artistry: Crafting Skills

Armor Smithing Basics
Armor Research: Recipes

Blacksmithing Basics
Blacksmithing Production
Blacksmithing Production: Blacksmithing Thralls
Blacksmithing Production: Repair Items
Blacksmithing Research
Blacksmithing Thralls
Blacksmithing Mastery

Business: Reduced Rent
Business: Vendor Thralls
Business: Better Vendor Thralls
Improved Business: Vendor Thralls

Crafting Basics
Crafting Basics Mastery: Simple Craft

Design: Craft Back
Design: Quality Crafts
Design: Crafting Skills/Basic Recipes
Design: Crafting Speed

Enchanting Basics

Engineering: Crafting Skills/Basic Recipes
Engineering: Crafting Speed
Engineering: Craft Back
Engineering: Quality Crafts
Improved Engineering: Crafting Skills

Improved Designs: Crafting Skills

Jewel Crafting Basics

Merchant Basics

Necromancy Basics

Runemaking Basics

Refining Research: Recipes
Refining Conversion

Salvage Basics
Salvage Familiarity
Salvage Competency

Stonemasonry Basics

Tailoring Basics

Weapon Smithing Basics
Weapon Research: Recipes

Woodworking Basics

Each one of these may have different names in the final game which is why I made them generic but, it gets the point across.

As I don't have a computer right now, I can't log into the alpha tests but, I'll update this thread with more information as I come across it.

Stay tuned for more info.

Edited by IdeaMatrix

mmm am excited, pondering where munitions and such would fall that are mentioned under the Duelist.  Thank you for the information.  Also wonder if cooking isn't in yet or if our vessels don't need to consume nutrients.

-=- Vagantem -=-

mmm am excited, pondering where munitions and such would fall that are mentioned under the Duelist.  Thank you for the information.  Also wonder if cooking isn't in yet or if our vessels don't need to consume nutrients.

-=- Vagantem -=-

Personally I'm hoping for cooking. However there is a video (as linked below) that confirms a hunger mechanic, though doesn't go into much detail outside of "You'll need to consume stuff to survive". Although to be fair, I have no idea how valid it is NOW, since our bodies are now crafted items instead of permanent forms. Still though, I would think an avatar (active vessel) would need to eat and be maintained to survive, so I hold out hope that needing food is still the case. How having food would be handled without a cooking mechanic I don't know, but it's always a possibility. For all I know, "Iron Rations" could literally be made from iron ore. Kinda weird, but doing that would probably make it Blacksmithing, not Cooking. Still though, I have no idea and therefore must continue to hope that cooking will be a thing.

Source: https://youtu.be/CbxMi74MNJI?t=3m58s

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

Thanks for the Info!  Looking forward to try a number of those   

Tracking - tracking players, POIs, animals etc

Jewel crafting

Animal Husbandry animal breeder/bio engineer,  hey its in the game  might as well try it 

Keep in mind that each one of the basic skills has multiple levels of mastery. My guess is that cooking will be somewhere in the farming trees. Also, disciplines will expand crafting beyond the basic skills so we'll have to wait for that. I've known what my plan is for a while now but, I want to see what makes it into the game and if anything is unique to Crowfall.

Also, if farming is in the game, they have to have some kind of food mechanic. Whether it be for vessels or animals or simply a buff consumable, we'll have to wait and see. It also could involve the creation of EK resource spawners for lumber (growing trees). We just have to wait.

Edited by IdeaMatrix

I wish they had this skill in real life.

Pepakura?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

<snip>

Also, if farming is in the game, they have to have some kind of food mechanic. Whether it be for vessels or animals or simply a buff consumable, we'll have to wait and see. It also could involve the creation of EK resource spawners for lumber (growing trees). We just have to wait.

^A very valid point! I totally forgot that farming is a thing in this game (and they've been using it as an example in recent videos, so there is no excuse for this brain fart) Thanks for reminding me of that! Still though, idk if hunting is going to involve getting meat and such, which I hope it does. I would like to think that things like claws, fangs, pelts, body organs and such could be useful for crafting (seriously, alchemists are going to freak if this isn't the case), but like all resources you have to go out, get it, and expect it to be in limited supply (no constant respawns, you can actually clear out areas for a length of time before animals reappear).

Clearly I have high hopes for this game, lol. But if there's going to be variety and truly individual playstyles, there really needs to be options. It'll be very interesting to see where on the spectrum of expectation Crowfall's going to land.

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

It's beginning to look like I'll have a main for CW's and 2 crafter's.  Each crafter will progress a specific set of independently unique skills to benefit the main.  Since as VIP we can passively skill train 3 lines.  Though I'm still a bit confused if that makes sense.

If I have 2 crafters do they both inherit the archetype lines I'm training, or can I train to 2 different sets of crafting skill lines for 2 different vessels?

Edited by Tyaen

I think you're mistaken. The game no longer has extra character slots. All skill training is done at account level. If you don't have VIP, you only get 1 archetype and 1 General skill. If you have VIP you get 3 archetypes and 1 general skill.

All crafting related professions are under the general skill category. You can't train more than one crafting skill at a time unless you buy another account.

It's beginning to look like I'll have a main for CW's and 2 crafter's.  Each crafter will progress a specific set of independently unique skills to benefit the main.  Since as VIP we can passively skill train 3 lines.  Though I'm still a bit confused if that makes sense.

If I have 2 crafters do they both inherit the archetype lines I'm training, or can I train to 2 different sets of crafting skill lines for 2 different vessels?

If you're imagining this setup as a single VIP account, you're under a misunderstanding. With one VIP account you can train one general skill (combat, crafting, or exploration) at a time, in addition to three archetype skills at a time from 3 different archetypes. Archetype skills will not be crafting skills, so you'd have to make a choice on your general training whether to focus on combat or crafting.

If you're imagining this setup as 3 separate accounts, then yes, you can train one account for combat skills (and up to 3 different archetypes if it's a VIP account) and then devote two other accounts to two different lines of crafting training - although obviously nothing you do on one account would carry over to the others.

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

If you're imagining this setup as a single VIP account, you're under a misunderstanding. With one VIP account you can train one general skill (combat, crafting, or exploration) at a time, in addition to three archetype skills at a time from 3 different archetypes. Archetype skills will not be crafting skills, so you'd have to make a choice on your general training whether to focus on combat or crafting.

If you're imagining this setup as 3 separate accounts, then yes, you can train one account for combat skills (and up to 3 different archetypes if it's a VIP account) and then devote two other accounts to two different lines of crafting training - although obviously nothing you do on one account would carry over to the others.

Thanks for the clarification.

I remember I seen somewhere that you  need to eat something to reduce the hunger? Anyway I hope they add Alchemy and cooking at some point,those two proff are my favoured next to animal Husbandry.   

mael4.jpg

I remember I seen somewhere that you  need to eat something to reduce the hunger? Anyway I hope they add Alchemy and cooking at some point,those two proff are my favoured next to animal Husbandry.   

They already confirmed Alchemy is gonna be a thing. It's cooking we're waiting on for actual confirmation. Like IdeaMatrix said, there will be farming in CF, but for all I know we're eating that stuff raw, lol. 

Also, the link I posted further up: 

That is a video where the food mechanic is specifically mentioned. But even that doesn't bring up actual cooking, and I have never seen an actual ArtCraft info-drop that says "Yea, cooking's gonna be a skill!" For all I know it's "Eat an apple every now and then to avoid starvation".

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg