Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IdeaMatrix

Crafting Skills List

They may not have confirmed cooking but, it will be in the game. Any game that has consumables will have a system of combination. Even if it's just smashing apples together to make applesauce, that's still a cooking system.

From your mouth to ACE's ears.

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

:angry: No Alchemy?.... -_-  then ill go  <_< Stone Masonry but only if no alchemy :wub: i like alchemy 

There will be alchemy. That's already been confirmed.

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

:angry: No Alchemy?.... -_-  then ill go  <_< Stone Masonry but only if no alchemy :wub: i like alchemy 

Alchemy has always been shown as a Discipline, and hopefully it'll get a nice spot as a utility or crafting discipline at that.

Landmimes, the silent killer.

I like this list, really like it actually but would like to see cooking and fishing be added

I tend to agree on the fishing part but, it seems that they're not really planning on developing the water areas of the game. Water is more of an ocean boundary than something you interact with. At least that's the word so far.

I tend to agree on the fishing part but, it seems that they're not really planning on developing the water areas of the game. Water is more of an ocean boundary than something you interact with. At least that's the word so far.

Well, we never said anything about water combat, which is more what they seem to be against. They have, however, voiced an interest in naval combat, just not when the game launches (cause, you know, budget). Quite frankly if they iterate functioning ships, I see no excuse not to include the ability to sit on a shore or pier (or following the example, sit on the side of a boat), throw a rod and catch some randomly generated fish. Just saying, it's not like we're asking to go all Skyrim and dive into the water to hunt down salmon here.

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

I am excited and glad to have this list for reference, thanks IdeaMatrix.

I do hope that they introduce naval combat post release and we find ship building under some of the existing skills at that time. I would love to download an expansion/dlc and start training to be a shipwright.

I am also interested in animal husbandry, especially if it allows me to tame a gryphon to ride. I don’t care that they have expressed distaste for flight mechanics. I would ride a clipped wing gryphon into battle.

you seemed to have missed the interesting flavour text implications of farming

unlike other games does not appear to be just used in crafting or cooking for hp / minor buffs

it appears to be a SURVIVAL mechanic that changes based on the season of the world as it decays

"growing crops to sustain you and others during the harsh winter"

Interesting tactical implications: e.g. supply lines, stockpiles, raiding others food, pillaging to destroy their supplies ...etc

and longer term planning in spring, summer and autumn with winter looming

Assume food relates to "warmth conversion" stat

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

unlike other games does not appear to be just used in crafting or cooking for hp / minor buffs

it appears to be a SURVIVAL mechanic that changes based on the season of the world as it decays

Interesting tactical implications: e.g. supply lines, stockpiles, raiding others food, pillaging to destroy their supplies ...etc

I kind of hope you can create little micro farms/camps in the middle of nowhere and use them as remote bases.  Maybe make it a "trapper camp" and able to generate food that way.

I kind of hope you can create little micro farms/camps in the middle of nowhere and use them as remote bases.  Maybe make it a "trapper camp" and able to generate food that way.

That would be real nice, having different ways to generate much needed food...though I think its to "complicated" to have it right from launch. Maybe later....like: farming, obviously, crops and such; animal husbandry, obviously taming, but could although mean hunting? Maybe...

And, truth be told, I wouldn't create farms in the middle of nowhere :D Like Tinnis said, they're going to get raided, so I'd much prefer it to have my farm inside the relative safety of my guilds walls....or at least near one of the military bases/ guarded POIs!

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

A little farm sits in the middle of seemingly nowhere. It sits under the flag of Malakai, but their nearest keep is a good few miles west after losing one closer to the location. Still, Daemon couldn't bring himself to leave it, since it's the first building he ever built and he didn't want to give it up so easily. So he communicates with the guild and uses the combined inventory of himself and his pack pig to take his supplies to a nearby mining POI his faction controls, adding it to the caravan and keeping a little stored away for himself.

One day while working around the mini-farm he sees a scout running around. Someone running around as a Ranger, but they didn't hide in time, he had already seen them. Talking to his faction on a designated TeamSpeak server he asks if any stealth players are online, and there are two just wandering around the mine POI bored because no one's attacking, so both go to check it out. Right as they arrive they see the Ranger from before and a Knight taking Daemon on, so they sneak in behind the Ranger and do some quick and powerful damage, causing the Ranger to run off and abandon the Knight, who was killed pretty quickly.

Yea, I like the idea of mini farms. Could lead to interesting stuff. Just saying ;)

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

Yeah, I didn't put that in. I guess I always just thought that was intended. Farming will be a big deal. I'm curious if they will allow for genetic modification of seeds, similar to the way I expect animal husbandry to allow breeding of pets. You could breed your crops to fit your strategy.

Only time will tell.

I am excited and glad to have this list for reference, thanks IdeaMatrix.

I do hope that they introduce naval combat post release and we find ship building under some of the existing skills at that time. I would love to download an expansion/dlc and start training to be a shipwright.

I am also interested in animal husbandry, especially if it allows me to tame a gryphon to ride. I don’t care that they have expressed distaste for flight mechanics. I would ride a clipped wing gryphon into battle.

an undead gryphon I hope? :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeYdPCbEsEQ&feature=youtu.be&t=11m00s

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

We need rope, so maybe ropemaking can come off the tailoring skill tree?

And Block & tackle  pulleys can come from the carpentry skill tree?

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

I see runic is in there. Are they planning for it to be the creation of the runes themselves (such as a slot accessory to the outfit/weapon) or your character offering the assistance to players to take their armor to create runes/enchant within it?

Thru materials found I will forge my gold from the hands of others.