Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sagorian

EK visitor permits

It would be awesome, if when our EK was open to the public to come and shop etc, we could limit there movements to specific areas. This could give way to selling permits to allow people to roam our lands, if they don't have a permit our guards etc would attack them on sight. The permits could expire, but this would allow players to create VIP markets and contest area.

Just a thought, but seems like it would be fun.

I actually like this idea. Maybe you could just allow players to put a tax on specific zones via the creation tool and then if they don't pay they get flagged for combat and they show up on the minimap. It would also be fun to have a bounty list for players that cause problems.

I like this idea. If person goes off reservation, they can be captured, and placed in a prison. Not killed. A stunned, and shackled option to EK.

Pay to get out early, bailed out...A Prison Building...

Same for pickpockets!....or just for fun, a Kidnap for Ransom options too!

I'm sure if gates and large doors work the same in CF as in Shadowbane where they are limited to who can open them, it won't be that hard to limit people to where they can roam.

Edited by Brokienheart

"Through the travail of ages, midst the pomp and toils of war, have I fought and strove and perished, countless times among the stars.
As if through a glass and darkly, the age old strife I see, when I fought in many guises and many names, but always me."

In truth, this sounds like a Disneyland EK.

If I want people in my kingdom, they can come in. If not, they aren't allowed in. Buying tickets to give them the "privilege" of my EK seems absurd. Contrary to popular belief, we won't have mass trade EKs. EKs will likely be limited to a guild by guild basis and I can imagine we will have individual vendors setting up booths in different EKs. But to say "my EK is better, you need to pay to even browse" seems crazy. Likely you will just leave and go somewhere else to buy your swords.

In truth, this sounds like a Disneyland EK.

If I want people in my kingdom, they can come in. If not, they aren't allowed in. Buying tickets to give them the "privilege" of my EK seems absurd. Contrary to popular belief, we won't have mass trade EKs. EKs will likely be limited to a guild by guild basis and I can imagine we will have individual vendors setting up booths in different EKs. But to say "my EK is better, you need to pay to even browse" seems crazy. Likely you will just leave and go somewhere else to buy your swords.

Didn't even real OPs full text, haha. Yes...handing out permits is a terrible idea. Rediculous actually. However, the belief that there won't be EKs that are massive trade hubs is hard to believe as well. Most that are even populated will be guild based, however, there will be quite a few that exist as markets. Unless I missed something that came out recently.

"Through the travail of ages, midst the pomp and toils of war, have I fought and strove and perished, countless times among the stars.
As if through a glass and darkly, the age old strife I see, when I fought in many guises and many names, but always me."

Didn't even real OPs full text, haha. Yes...handing out permits is a terrible idea. Rediculous actually. However, the belief that there won't be EKs that are massive trade hubs is hard to believe as well. Most that are even populated will be guild based, however, there will be quite a few that exist as markets. Unless I missed something that came out recently.

Well what I meant was, there won't be a single guy that becomes an empire market EK. The "big market" EKs will belong to the bigger guilds. Joe from Iowa who plays alone won't get to the point of a mass bazaar EK. "ShadowFang" a make-believe guild of 15 years with 2000+ members, might. But my main point still stands, if you think you are the big man on campus giving people the PERMISSION to buy your way into a marketplace, you're an idiot. That's the sorta thing that makes guilds go, know that jerk that makes people pay him 15 gold just to enter his EK? Let's rob his guild blind and boycott that market. No matter how much Artcraft insists there will be "expert blacksmiths with insanely valuable gear that people want" doesn't mean there won't be only one. 

Dave the wonderful swordsman in the VIP EK might be good, but I'd rather find Tim who makes just about as good of swords in a free EK. No work in Crowfall will be "one of a kind" it will be "one of 'a' kind". AKA, it will be a good sword, but there will be thousands other like it.

Well what I meant was, there won't be a single guy that becomes an empire market EK. The "big market" EKs will belong to the bigger guilds. Joe from Iowa who plays alone won't get to the point of a mass bazaar EK. "ShadowFang" a make-believe guild of 15 years with 2000+ members, might. But my main point still stands, if you think you are the big man on campus giving people the PERMISSION to buy your way into a marketplace, you're an idiot. That's the sorta thing that makes guilds go, know that jerk that makes people pay him 15 gold just to enter his EK? Let's rob his guild blind and boycott that market. No matter how much Artcraft insists there will be "expert blacksmiths with insanely valuable gear that people want" doesn't mean there won't be only one. 

Dave the wonderful swordsman in the VIP EK might be good, but I'd rather find Tim who makes just about as good of swords in a free EK. No work in Crowfall will be "one of a kind" it will be "one of 'a' kind". AKA, it will be a good sword, but there will be thousands other like it.

Well, I hadn't thought of it in the sense of the "Disney World jerk charging for access". I was thinking more along the lines that we may be able to have resources growing in our EKs and if those EKs are open to visitors, like islands, there may be a reason to limit a visitors access and plundering. Also that some players might want to explore those lands even though the they are not permitted, thus allowing them to gain temporary access. This assumes that we will be able to set our "guards" to a KOS system etc.

Anyhow, I didn't mean to incite, nor did I intend to suggest that Joe from Iowa (who is a nice guy) can solo conquer the worlds. I would hope though, that EKs can "rent" parcels out to players to form large bazaars, and not be limited to just large guilds doing it. In SB there were a number of trees that had shops owned by different guilds.

Generally i love the idea and it's possibilities. I think this might be a good idea for a future upgrade. After release. As long as something like this isn't already on their schedule. But i think something like this will be happen anyway - on a cell or parcel base.

Managed on a lot base (8x8m) you could for example build an arena, with a battlefield for gladiators in the middle and visitor ranks at the side. A "secret chamber", only for the high council. Dedicated guild houses, only for those of a specific profession.

It would be interesting to have some option, what should be happen, if someone tries to overstep the border. He just can't? Or he will be attacked by NPC's? He can go, but he will be flagged or something like this?  I could think of many nice ideas.

And if someone wants to use this to sell admission tickets for his EK, so be it. Who cares? Such things will straighten out. Such EK's might die out very fast. So no need not to give such setting opportunities in general.

Edited by Kraahk

Well, I hadn't thought of it in the sense of the "Disney World jerk charging for access". I was thinking more along the lines that we may be able to have resources growing in our EKs and if those EKs are open to visitors, like islands, there may be a reason to limit a visitors access and plundering. Also that some players might want to explore those lands even though the they are not permitted, thus allowing them to gain temporary access. This assumes that we will be able to set our "guards" to a KOS system etc.

Anyhow, I didn't mean to incite, nor did I intend to suggest that Joe from Iowa (who is a nice guy) can solo conquer the worlds. I would hope though, that EKs can "rent" parcels out to players to form large bazaars, and not be limited to just large guilds doing it. In SB there were a number of trees that had shops owned by different guilds.

I mean I can respect "choice" to do so, but from a legalistic standpoint, no EK is going to be worth paying money just to enter. The resources from EKs will be so small and common that it'd be useless charging to access them. Sure they have that one super rare mineral only found in EKs, but that is also found in every EK, so no one would pay to have access to a resource available for everyone for free.

I mean I can respect "choice" to do so, but from a legalistic standpoint, no EK is going to be worth paying money just to enter. The resources from EKs will be so small and common that it'd be useless charging to access them. Sure they have that one super rare mineral only found in EKs, but that is also found in every EK, so no one would pay to have access to a resource available for everyone for free.

Don't forget that people are going to Export rare and valuable materials from Campaign Worlds and then trade/sell them in EKs. These resources will not be found in every EK.

IhhQKY6.gif

I like the idea of being able to lock off sections of an EK, so all visitors can go to the market, trusted people can frolic in the country side.

Landmimes, the silent killer.