Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ratchet

The Crowfall Wiki - Crowfallwiki.com

The below is clipped from today's Kickstarter update. Not going to lie, seeing Curse get advertisement over our homegrown wiki hurts. We have had more information and still do for months. Curse reached out to us to combine efforts but we are really hesitant because we have different motivations. All of us who work on crowfallwiki.com are at least amber backers. Our site is focused only on CF and runs one add you can barely find. I just feel like ACE is focusing on Curse because of who they are and not the product they present.

Trying to decide if our efforts will be worth it long term. 

So quick question for anyone who reads this is there something Curse is providing that makes you prefer their wiki over ours? 

"We Have a Wiki! 

1bdf971311b7754b9dd93e15195c795f_origina

The good folks over at Gamepedia are working on a Crowfall Wiki! We imagine there's going to be a lot of activity over there as we develop the game, so be sure to take a look and contribute to the pages if you have something to add! "

Crowfall: The Official Game of

crowfallwiki.com

I'd not be too disheartened.  While it was disappointing to see curse get some props in the KS even though you have a far superior wiki, wiki's are purely driven by quality of content and content generators, which you have better.

ACE is working to get the word out about their game across the market as much as possible and Curse is a great platform for it. 

All that being said, there are tons of useless curse wiki's out there because the player driven ones persevered and improved.  Stay strong and don't give up, this community needs a quality group putting together a wiki.

Thanks for the positive comments guys, we will keep on doing what we are doing.  It was sort of a secret goal of ours to at some point have a relationship with the devs, mostly as a service to the community(early teaser info, or promotions and giveaways or something).  Not sure if they are into that sort of thing or if it goes against the agreement they have with curse.  We are having a good time already though and will just keep doing things the way we have been.

crowfallwiki.com - Forehead / noPANTS / Susan / Debra - deathGrab

I'd not be too disheartened.  While it was disappointing to see curse get some props in the KS even though you have a far superior wiki, wiki's are purely driven by quality of content and content generators, which you have better.

ACE is working to get the word out about their game across the market as much as possible and Curse is a great platform for it. 

All that being said, there are tons of useless curse wiki's out there because the player driven ones persevered and improved.  Stay strong and don't give up, this community needs a quality group putting together a wiki.

Not just props in the KS, also added a link to the Wiki on their main page. That's a real slap in the face towards the community created Wiki's =/

T0HjiXL.png

Edited by Elvine

Yea it stung a bit. In the end we all really really like the idea of this game. We have talked about a voxel version of Shadowbane running on a modern engine for 3-4 years now. If this somehow helps to make a better game than great, cause that's what we want too. I just don't personally see it, I am of course too close for a good perspective and also have no idea what ACE got out of it. So fingers crossed we plow forward. We have some ideas for companion sites to the wiki and we will continue to works towards the implementation of those. 

crowfallwiki.com

Been working on our archetypes pages on the wiki.  I felt that the old style wasn't that nice to look at, or easy to add content to.  Just wanted to see what you guys think.

Here is a link to an old style archetype page:  http://crowfallwiki.com/index.php/Templar

And here is the new look:  http://crowfallwiki.com/index.php/Legionnaire

Keep in mind, that we have a little more information on the Templar, so it's page would have a little more content.  I think you will all see what I mean though.  Let me know what you think of the new look, or if you have any suggestions.

Been working on our archetypes pages on the wiki.  I felt that the old style wasn't that nice to look at, or easy to add content to.  Just wanted to see what you guys think.

Here is a link to an old style archetype page:  http://crowfallwiki.com/index.php/Templar

And here is the new look:  http://crowfallwiki.com/index.php/Legionnaire

Keep in mind, that we have a little more information on the Templar, so it's page would have a little more content.  I think you will all see what I mean though.  Let me know what you think of the new look, or if you have any suggestions.

Love the new look! Very clean and user friendly. Keep up the great work!

We are trying to stay clean but also allow for scale-ability because we know more info is coming. We are also trying to keep it Smartphone friendly because, you know, progress. Add quick archetype nav now, makes it a tad busier but worth it for jumping around, imo.

crowfallwiki.com

Love the layout of the site and how clean it looks, better than the others avaliable in my opinion, bookmarked so I can check it easily and often. Hope to see you guys keep up the great work and can't wait to see how the site evolves with time!

OK, we did up the Knight archetype also, still playing around with the best way to show the promotion class information.  So far we like a card style look, with information / requirements to the right.

Here it is:  http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/1088-the-crowfall-wiki-crowfallwikicom/page-3

Let us know what you think.

Hey guys,
         Just wanted to introduce myself as part of the editing team on this wiki. I go by Skinny, and I was a long time Guild Wars and World of Warcraft player. Unfortunately I missed Shadowbane, but have heard nothing but great things from our friends over at deathGrab. I am currently very active in League of Legends, and plan to be active in Crowfall. If you think of anything that you want added to the wiki, feel free to shoot me a message or shoot me an email.

skinny@deathgrab.com

Thanks!
Skinny

In an effort to make sure we do not fall behind, we have added two new wiki contributors!  We would like to introduce Skinny and Defnoboy. They are avid gamers that have been long time friends and members of our gaming community. Their abilities to contemplate and debate the smallest game details will be put to good use.  

We will continue to add contributors as need to keep the wiki as current as possible.

Leech/Ratchet/Socket/BhoobheeZ/Toolbox/Sparkplug deathGrab

Crowfall Wiki