Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xcomvic

What type of Movement System would you like to see?!

How do you like to move in MMOs?!  

455 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like to move in this game?!

• WSAD (With Mouse View)
    • Arrow Keys
    • Mouse (Point and Click)
    • Something totally different (please post what that would be below!)

I voted WASD, however I also like using my mouse once in awhile in case my left hand is busy (as they're on different sides of my computer).

~Patrick

Keyboard, mouse when/if there is going to be long distance traveling without any action. Although, personally I hope there is some surprise behind every corner. 

Plug in a controller for all I care...

WASD lets not try to fix what is not broken. It has worked for many MMORPG's and regular games. I personally dislike Mouse (Point and Click)  because you really don't have full control of your character. Arrow Keys is basically like WASD I think but its easier for people that are left handed so it should be in the game. I know a lot of people don't like when WOW is brought up but their movement system is spot on. Regardless of what you think of the game etc....

WASD with mouselook.  I'm hoping for a hard mouselook lock too, ESO or Tera style.  But with soft-lock targeting to trigger fighting game style abilities/combos.  Full active player dodging/parrying/blocking.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

I find mouse movement easier for me just my preference tho I know most hard-core gamers prefer wasd - I can work with that just prefer mouse :P 

~Majestic~

GL of Questionable Motives

"I don't do touchy, feely....I do scratchy, bleedy"

I prefer arrow keys considering since im used to it. Although, other people prefer wasd i don't really enjoy using them, i know how to but i like arrow keys better. But you could also make a compromise and do mouse, wasd and arrow key. Kinda like how W101 does their movement, you can use either of the three.

Wiz4Lyfe

Use your number keys?

Only 1-6 with shift, ctrl, and alt modifiers.  I keybind abilities MAINLY to Q,W,R,T,Y,A,D(I don't move backwards),G,Z,X,C,V and use all three modifiers with them.

Stardust Green

I don't want to sound like one of that WoW fanboys or something (the Art style is just amazing) but I been through lot of MMO's and mostly camera just felt wrong  :mellow: It's been kinda not smooth at all and clunky but of course it all depends on the game if I has to act fast and use that specific skill/item at some point, my camera and movement has to be right or I'll be taking necessary damage or even die?

How ever I'm actually more like in Vindictus, Blade&Soul , Monster Hunter kind of movement and targeting system  :P

After reading about developers mentioning MOBA's I am hoping for a point-to-click, for once. All WASD tab target MMOs get boring, especially the ones where you are supposed to "aim" at something.

WASD so I can change it to my ESDF and free up more keys for keybinds ^_^

Nice, I switch mine to WSDF. Makes fighting with movement more flexible imo. My fingers get jammed up more using WASD.