Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xcomvic

What type of Movement System would you like to see?!

How do you like to move in MMOs?!  

455 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like to move in this game?!

• WSAD (With Mouse View)
    • Arrow Keys
    • Mouse (Point and Click)
    • Something totally different (please post what that would be below!)

I hope the controls are customiziable to the point that most of these options will be useable.

I prefer w/s/a/d movement and mouselock (so my mouse moves my crosshair, like Neverwinter does it or most fps games).

However  I know some disabled gamers that really need to be able to remap controls and move with their moues button (IE forward/back) or other things.

So I hope they support full remappable controls thta allow people to control it how they need to.

Point and click is the superior mode of movement. But I'm pretty sure what we vote here doesn't matter. They've already made this decision months ago.

I voted WASD, because it gives me the best mix of immersion and control/usability.

However I wouldn't mind seeing a top down MMO one day, maybe not for this particular project, but the idea of a Diablo-like-controls MMO is really interesting to me. 

I honestly will have loads of problems if the use WASD keys. I hope they don use that. They are harder to use then arrow keys for me tbh but if not arrow keys then mouse click, I see most have voted WASD, how are those good? I have a rather hard  time playing  games with those controls. Also, we should be able to choose the game controls in settings or something, so if you don like original settings, you can change to your preferred movement type! :D 

I say to you: the Hunger is not your enemy. Your enemy walks among you, charming and handsome, with a tongue full of lies.

This is the few times where you actually want to stick with what the majority is used to.

Before I die, I shall stand upon your grave and smile.

Other, because most games I've played allow you to use any of the schemes or rebind keys so that you can do it the way you like.

So my answer is "Other" let me bind keys the way I like.

I think that the best response here so far described the TYPE of movement that they would like to see and not the keys involved. Like many, I like to rebind my keys to suit my preference. However, the type of movement I enjoy is active action oriented movement with dodges, blocks and parries. I like a game where reactions and movement is just as important as the skill selection itself. Games where you stand still and tap out a sequence of skill commands is kinda boring.