Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What type of Movement System would you like to see?!

How do you like to move in MMOs?!  

455 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like to move in this game?!

• WSAD (With Mouse View)
    • Arrow Keys
    • Mouse (Point and Click)
    • Something totally different (please post what that would be below!)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WASD so I can change it to my ESDF and free up more keys for keybinds

WASD with mouselook.  I'm hoping for a hard mouselook lock too, ESO or Tera style.  But with soft-lock targeting to trigger fighting game style abilities/combos.  Full active player dodging/parrying/b

WSAD sucks.

Mouse click or arrow keys - I know I'm in the minority. I hate WASD movement because I use my mouse with my left hand.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

After reading about developers mentioning MOBA's I am hoping for a point-to-click, for once. All WASD tab target MMOs get boring, especially the ones where you are supposed to "aim" at something.

While every past MMO that tried to do FPS/TPS mechanics in a large PvP scaled game has failed, I won't give up on the dream, dammit. Some day, somewhere, someone will make an MMO that uses WASD/Mouse but isn't "tab-targeted". With some luck, it will even be good.

Not likely, but here's to hope.

Right click on screen where you want your player to go.

And for the love of God no jumping lol

Oh man, the first thing I do when I log into a new MMO now days is hit spacebar ROFL

On a serious note, I prefer wasd/mouse which is pretty standard now days but not opposed to click to move like SB and rpg's are as well

Edited by sarin

Oh man, the first thing I do when I log into a new MMO now days is hit spacebar ROFL

On a serious note, I prefer wasd/mouse which is pretty standard now days but not opposed to click to move like SB and rpg's are as well

I can't see why both can't be options. Maybe there's a lot more to making them both an option than I think.

I can't see why both can't be options. Maybe there's a lot more to making them both an option than I think.

They can, I believe if I remember correctly, GW2 has the option for both.

WASD/mouse view + re-bindability a/n would be absolutely fantastic. Arrow keys are also cool, sure, but WASD (as others have been saying) allow for much more keyboard mobility. 

As for point-and-click, as much as I can see the pros, it's (according to me) one of the most infuriating things. Please don't make me. 

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."

-Nelson Mandela

I think it should be like WoW, where you can move with your mouse or your keyboard, but if you wanna walk like a pro, you use both. 

Edited by deadbite

I remember when I first installed the SB beta, I immediately joined the masses in the forums crying about point-click movement.  Once I got used to it, it wasn't bad.  I'm fine going either way.

WASD and a hopefully a combat system similar to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.  3rd person and first person views would be nice but if we must choose I would go with first person.