Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

Low budget "trailer" to end campaigns

All of us have seen videos like this one from EVE.

They tell the story of something that has happened, and are basically "trailers" for the game.

Here at Crowfall we have the perfect background to make them.

A lot of people has asked over months: "What happens when the campaign ends? Do we see the world get destroyed?"

Let's be practical, we will probably be kicked out of the server at some point (maybe die from the Hunger), and won't be able to login again. It's impossible or over expensive to do otherwise. What about making a short-movie or trailer (a couple of minutes long, even just 2-3), where the story of the winner is told, with a narrator describing major events, citing names and alliances, and then show the world being destroyed?

Make it cheap, maybe cartoonish and a bit dramatic towards the end.

It'll be something that winners will be proud of and ache for.

But also it might be a tool for the evolution of the Lore through campaigns.

If doing it for all the rulesets is too much, do it only for the inner ones (... the real ones!).

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

I think that it would be a really great way to remember what happened in a campaign after the world gets destroyed. Maybe the videos could also be watched directly in-game by the players, just by clicking on a map or list of dead worlds.

Edited by courant101

Yes, seeing some statistics at the end of a campaign would be great, which is gonna be saved somewhere for later view as well.

No leaderboards, please.

Players get focused on their own stats more than guild objectives that way.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

especially getting appropriate footage... can't think of an efficient way to record everything if it's supposed to be connected to an actual CW...

No in-game footage... I meant a depiction of events done in cartoonish style or anything really that is cheap and short to make.

y9tj8G5.png

No in-game footage... I meant a depiction of events done in cartoonish style or anything really that is cheap and short to make.

hhmm...

The EVE trailer seems to be easy and quick to make, bar the prep to film some random clown...

dunno about the other ones, never made anything of that sort. can an artist give some input how long it takes to make the artwork that is then animated?

but ya... not sure... I don't think fast, cheap and good quality is viable when it comes to making videos ;) one has to give

I really like that LiF video, it would work even better for Crowfall because it actually matches the comic-style art direction of the game. Maybe take Fenris' idea of telling the story of a CW during beta, and put in a graphic novel vid format and use that for a hype trailer.

tiPrpwh.png

You would think that Artcraft could do a short capstone video at the end of a season.  Especially if the video highlights the losers accomplishments.  The winners already got a bunch of goodies from winning the season.  An "atta-boy" to the losers should lift their spirits and get them ready to get trounced again.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

A handful of cutscenes to end campaigns would be very nice. Maybe one "standard" one for Dregs/Infected showing just the winning guild's banner. Then another 12 for each God winning in the 12 team mode, and an additional 3 for the Order, Balance, Chaos ones. So in total, it'd be about 16 cutscenes to conclude campaigns.

After playing these poorly made socksty MOBA today again I reverse my statement.

Please no statistics anywhere in thsi game.

People are clearly far too stupid for statistics.

Statistics ruin your game, because these idiots lose games because they only care for a number in their statistics.

People are so damn stupid.

Please hurry and bring this game out. I cant take it anymore, seriously!

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.