Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kreigon

Will there be more combat powers? (ultimate ability?)

Hi,

first i want to say that i like the game very much but i have a question about the combat powers. Will there be more "active" combat powers (spells/abilities) in the game ? I know that in the pre-alpha test people already start with 8 combat powers or something like that. Is it possible to get a kind of "Powertree"(compared to the skilltree for skills) where we can unlock/explore/evolve/craft more and new powers for the combat and chose our favorite Powers for the Hotbar(keys)? And will there be ultimate abilities/powers like in other games (MOBAs, TESO, Neverwinter Online) which are very strong (but not overpowered), which can be used 1 time per hour or day or only in special campaignes/rulesets? (like massive Meteorstrike/Fireball/Punch/Arrow )

Thx

Kreigon

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

As we see a more developed and tested skill tree through the testing phases, I would like to hope that more skills will be added. We currently have a boat load of passive skills, and that's about it. When you go through a job advancement, such as becoming a crusader, I would also assume that new skills and old skills with be applied to that class choice. 

More skills will be found in the game, crafted, given through campaign rewards, ect. 

We currently have a boat load of passive skills, and that's about it. 

Don't confuse Skills, which are indeed all passive, with Powers, which are not.

Gordon: First: we make a distinction between “skills” and “powers.” Skills are passive; they affect how well you do things (or react to things) in game. Powers are active; you kick them off to make something happen.

IhhQKY6.gif

Crowfall is a moba so sure let's give every Archetype an ultimate and give it a 1 week cool down to make it feel extra special to use it /sarcasm

For real though ultimate abillities are BS. Giving them more then a normal CD makes them quasi unsable and unbalanced. Look at Skyforge PvP one round is decided by the ultimate used because they are so god damn powerful but you can only use it once per match. One match is best of 3.

If you really wanna have an ultimate (although there is no reason for that at all) just pick the 2 or 3 major cd's you have and treat them as ultimates.

I AM ME!
I love you all.

Will there be more "active" combat powers (spells/abilities) in the game ? 

As reselath has written, additional powers will be acquired in-game through disciplines, promotions and possibly other ways.

Is it possible to get a kind of "Powertree"(compared to the skilltree for skills) where we can unlock/explore/evolve/craft more and new powers for the combat and chose our favorite Powers for the Hotbar(keys)?

As far as I know the developers haven't discussed to have this kind of "powertree". The new powers that we will add to our hotbar would come from disciplines and promotions.

And will there be ultimate abilities/powers like in other games (MOBAs, TESO, Neverwinter Online) which are very strong (but not overpowered), which can be used 1 time per hour or day or only in special campaignes/rulesets? (like massive Meteorstrike/Fireball/Punch/Arrow )

What we've got in Crowfall are iFrame powers: "iFrame powers, on activation, typically remove the player from the physics simulation and render them invulnerable to damage while performing the power (a very, very short duration, obviously!)

This means if you use a physics impulse on a character performing an iFrame power, they won’t get pushed around. We are putting all attacks we designate as iFrame powers on the C key for now."

Edited by courant101