Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upgrade / upgradable

Jackd

What all can you do to upgrade? Once you open your package, I thought I read something saying you can no longer upgrade. Does that mean upgrading is buying store items (not pledge upgrade)?

Upgrading a pledge package means, for example, upgrading your Gold package to Sapphire in order to get into an earlier testing phase or because you want other things that are included in the Sapphire package. If your bundle is still packed then you can upgrade to a higher tier just by paying the difference. Once you unpack a bundle you can no longer upgrade it to a higher pledge tier, but of course you can still buy individual store items to add to your asset collection.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Depends on how you mean that. Testing access is based on total spend, not on the specific package purchased, so if you buy enough of anything from the store to get to $500 total spend you would count as Sapphire and move into the Alpha 1 tester group. However, that wouldn't get you the assets which are part of the Sapphire pledge bundle- e.g. the small castle, the divine cathedral, the 2 cottages, etc.

Edited by Jihan

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Depends on how you mean that. Testing access is based on total spend, not on the specific package purchased, so if you buy enough of anything from the store to get to $500 total spend you would count as Sapphire and move into the Alpha 1 tester group. However, that wouldn't get you the assets which are part of the Sapphire pledge bundle- e.g. the small castle, the divine cathedral, the 2 cottages, etc.

Ahh, that was the piece I wasn't clear on. Thanks

My question which pertains to this relates to how it affects me, the individual that pledged a set amount in the original kickstarter program before they moved it to this website. When the original kickstarter ended I was emailed a code and told to input it into their system here; which I did. When I look to see what additional things I could upgrade to it does not denote the standing point of where I am and furthermore what I would like to know about is will I be able to upgrade with any additional benefit other than getting into an earlier testing group?

It's no longer possible to upgrade a Kickstarter bundle to a higher tier bundle. However, you can purchase a la carte from the store, and your testing access will be upgraded based on your total accumulated spend.

Tully

It's no longer possible to upgrade a Kickstarter bundle to a higher tier bundle. However, you can purchase a la carte from the store, and your testing access will be upgraded based on your total accumulated spend.

I purchased the initial kickstarter $30 bundle, so what I am interpreting is that I will get what I paid the original $30 and the additional items from the store's upgrade? or will I only receive the upgraded access from beta 2 to say alpha 3 for example?

OK, so if you have this bundle:

CONTRIBUTOR - EARLIEST BIRD: $30

+ Digital copy of Crowfall (retail $50)
+ Access to Beta 2
+ Thanks in credits as an early backer

And you add this item to it:

2015 Small Keep
This SMALL KEEP boasts an inner baily surrounded by four stout walls (a bastion at each corner!), a large inner courtyard and a GREAT HALL for dining and revelry!  The surrounding area is almost 300,000 square meters -- adequate space for two small villages!
$75.00* USD

Then the net result will be that you have:

1 Digital copy of Crowfall
Thanks in credits as an early backer

1 Small Keep

Alpha 3 testing access based on $100 of total spend (Bronze access tier).

You would not get any additional items that are included in the Bronze backer bundle, such as the mount figurines.

Tully

OK, so if you have this bundle:

CONTRIBUTOR - EARLIEST BIRD: $30

+ Digital copy of Crowfall (retail $50)

+ Access to Beta 2

+ Thanks in credits as an early backer

And you add this item to it:

2015 Small Keep

This SMALL KEEP boasts an inner baily surrounded by four stout walls (a bastion at each corner!), a large inner courtyard and a GREAT HALL for dining and revelry!  The surrounding area is almost 300,000 square meters -- adequate space for two small villages!

$75.00* USD

Then the net result will be that you have:

1 Digital copy of Crowfall

Thanks in credits as an early backer

1 Small Keep

Alpha 3 testing access based on $100 of total spend (Bronze access tier).

You would not get any additional items that are included in the Bronze backer bundle, such as the mount figurines.

If you can show me me in writing somewhere that I get a small keep, I will definitely buy the bronze upgrade. This site: https://backers.crowfall.com/#/pledge doesnt mention a small keep to me.

You can buy a small keep for $75, at this link : https://backers.crowfall.com/#/store/kingdom

If you buy a small keep, you get a small keep. If your accumulated total spend is then $100 or more, you would gain access to Bronze level testing access (Alpha 3 group.)

Edited by Jihan

Tully

You can buy a small keep for $75, at this link : https://backers.crowfall.com/#/store/kingdom

If you buy a small keep, you get a small keep. If your accumulated total spend is then $100 or more, you would gain access to Bronze level testing access (Alpha 3 group.)

Forgive my cautious nature, as for I would love nothing more than to purchase said keep, but where does it say in writing of this effect? Wife wants to know/see it for herself. Thanks for the information overall.

Forgive my cautious nature, as for I would love nothing more than to purchase said keep, but where does it say in writing of this effect? Wife wants to know/see it for herself. Thanks for the information overall.

See the FAQ for Pledge Packages:

WHAT IS A PLEDGE TIER?

Pledge tiers are determined by the amount a backer has contributed to the project. 

DO PURCHASES OF MERCHANDISE FROM THE CROWFALL STORE COUNT TOWARDS MY PLEDGE TIER?

Yes, but only in the US because we do not have access to data from the third party e-commerce services we use in other regions to fulfill orders for branded clothing, mugs, etc.

For all regions, the purchase price of additional pledge packages, upgrades and other non-merchandise goods (such as in-game items and VIP tickets), the purchase amount is added to the sum of your contributions and that may put you into a higher pledge tier, granting you the forum badge and playtest access reward for that tier. You will not be entitled to the other goods and services for that pledge tier.

HOW ARE TESTING LEVELS ACCRUED BY BACKER AMOUNTS?

For those in the US, playtest access level is determined by the combination of your pledge package tier and the sum total of additional purchases:

Beta 2 >= 38
Beta 1 >= 60
Alpha Group 3 >= 99
Alpha Group 2 >= 150

IhhQKY6.gif

What Jah said.

Also note that there's nothing special about the Small Keep in particular; the point is just that if you accumulate enough total spend from any and all purchases in the CF store then your testing tier access (and forum badge) will upgrade appropriately.

Tully

If you've upgraded from a Kickstarter bundle to a later bundle, that locks out any further upgrades. If you upgraded within the same generation you should probably be able to upgrade further; email support if you think you should have the option but do not.

Tully