Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

X-Com 2

Brokienheart

Most people most about MMOs, but what about other games? Picked it up when it came out since I've been a fan when I played the original on the Playstation (should have kept it, it's a pretty rare game to find in Playstation format.)

I generally play Ironman mode as I am a chronic resetter. Needless to say I have lost quite a few times, but I love the idea and setting. Quite refreshing compared to the reboot and the original. Anyone else playing?

"Through the travail of ages, midst the pomp and toils of war, have I fought and strove and perished, countless times among the stars.
As if through a glass and darkly, the age old strife I see, when I fought in many guises and many names, but always me."

Thank you.

Could you tell us what is on your mind else about this game.

I really love strategy games.

A couple things to note that will help you out when first starting. Note, I prefer Ironman mode as it forces me to attempt to play better. I tend to be a reset fiend when things go south.

-If you choose Ironman, like me, it can become unforgiving. Sometimes you'll be at point blank range and just totally miss, which gets frustrating. Also, unlike the first XCOM which is much more forgiving if you take your time, this one really presses the urgency of the mission.

-if you like naming your soldiers, find multiple naming plans. I generally go with friends for some and borrow GI JOE names for the rest.

-in the game you get multiple drops that will give you bonuses upon completion. I tend to favor Rookies as a few bad missions can wipe out your roster. Where X-Com made keeping soldiers easier, and research of equipment was quicker, this one seems to take longer to get good gear as you are often pressed to balance overall mission vs. survivability. Rotation of soldiers is key incase a mission goes south.

-Finally, make your own door. Set up on a side of a wall and blow it in Rainbow 6 style. Better field of view for soldiers and better setup then door stacking.

Hope that helps.

"Through the travail of ages, midst the pomp and toils of war, have I fought and strove and perished, countless times among the stars.
As if through a glass and darkly, the age old strife I see, when I fought in many guises and many names, but always me."

Thank you.

Could you tell us what is on your mind else about this game.

I really love strategy games.

np friend

it is also

cool.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg