Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's Vada

arvada

I grew up being taught that all gamers were witches and devils... and I thought that was awesome. I couldnt wait to get out of my family house and meet them. I didnt know crap about computers, games, or any technology until 1994... 

We had the original Nintendo with only Tetris in our house because it was a learning game.... but we played tons of board games. (DONT STOP READING I swear it gets better)

In 1994 I met my now husband in our Vampire the Masquerade group... yes larping. When you stop laughing.... He introduced me to a computer and games like Sim City, Civilization 2 and my favorite at the time Dungeon Keeper (you got to be the bad guy). We did a lot of table top gaming Shadow Run, Starwars, Twilight 2000 and Slay Industries (gruesome).

SB came out and I was in with both feet. No matter where I was playing I had my hand in the cookie jar. I am not a backseat player...

My son was very little at the time and came home from pre school with a note asking what a warlock was and why he needed to stand on a chair and cast spells to kill the turtles.

25d3230a-455c-4bf6-a311-3f4b952139d9_zps

cee29412-3a14-4625-baba-0a3a04176d77_zps

When ever we played SB my son would help out and play our active buff bot and watch the warlock fly up and do the spells and it was his favorite game. He would make the turtle's camp every time we went to the park...

85c2baaf-7c8d-44f5-8735-faceb0d2783e_zps

I still love the community that formed around SB. Have made lifetime friends from the game.

I am 38, Human, Wife, Mom, Scouter (kid is 12 and working on his Eagle Project), Band Booster and all around person to come to for fundraising and a chauffeur to all things Magic the Gathering for the kid. Not that we have anything happening in our house.

I am very excited about the game and so is the kid. He grew up on SB and talks nonstop about it... now he is all about Crowfall. He tells everyone to check it out. "Its going to be better than SB it will blow your socks off." We both cant wait to kill **** dead.

~Vada~

my previous signature did not contain nudity... words covered the good bits but alas it is gone....

signx50_zps5b5a8244.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm curious as to what the note you wrote in reply to the teachers note you'd received said.

I sadly don't have any pictures of kids standing on chairs killing turtles. I do have a picture from the early 90s of my best friends kid wearing a hair scrunchy as a tutu. Saving that one for his future wife.

P.S. Necroing the oldest introduction thread as per the, "You must necro the oldest introduction thread after posting your introduction here." ruleset as stated in the forum rules.

Perception is reality.

No, I don't want to join your guild.

Hell I dont remember my reply to the teacher.. I have never stopped the kid from using his imagination. He just turned 13 and is still outside using swords and spells all day long.

~Vada~

my previous signature did not contain nudity... words covered the good bits but alas it is gone....

signx50_zps5b5a8244.jpg