Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelmar

Horse Taxi Service Confirmed?!?

Dear ACE Art Team:

Lets talk about Legionnaire Armor. Specifically Stalwarts/Bruiser Scale and the Plate models.  Please explain why Centaurs would wear saddles as part of their armor, if no one is going to be riding them?  Is there an oppressive overclass of two-leggers coming to the lore, that mandate all Centaurs must be branded with a saddle as a badge of dishonor?  See example of the offending model below.  At least on the Blade-biter set, the saddle kind of looks like its just additional decorative stuff. 

In the alternative, I think JTodd should own up and confirm Horse Taxi Service will be implemented in game.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Legionnaire.

The Mark of Enslavement--The Saddle:

wgE5uCY.jpg

P.S.  I have taken the trouble of including some additional photos of Centaur Armor from a former flight of JTodd's fancy.  Note the lack of Saddle. Inferior Two-Leggers Don't Hail a Centaur Taxi in Shadowbane.

Centaur Leather and Chain Mail (Similar to the CF style of segmented/overlapping chain/leather/plate)

gJ88Zaz.jpg

Horselord Plate (the barding looks a bit stiff at the rear to be practical. CF's Plate and Scale approach is better in that regard)

3aXwPSY.jpg

Centaur Leather Barding

uvfIGOz.jpg

Edited by angelmar

Murse? Hurse?

Hurse just makes me think Hearse, and Legos are kinda hard to kill if you can't keep them from running away.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

eatable

> Guy rides down the road in UO

> guy bumps into something invisible

> guy discovers he can't move in any direction

> 8 Shadowclan orcs decloak and kill him

> then they kill his horse

> 1 builds a campfire in the middle of the road

> they roast and eat the horse right there and then

> guy is watching the whole thing as a ghost

> oooOOOooOOooooOOo

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

...a former flight of JTodd's fancy.  Note the lack of Saddle. Inferior Two-Leggers Don't Hail a Centaur Taxi in Shadowbane.

I must refute that claim; I did get a ride from a very nice centaur(ess) from Shadowbane via role play a few months back. You just gotta ask with courtesy. Er, and don't give 'em any whiskey. 

But I will say that I prefer that my Centauress in Crowfall NOT carry a saddle of enslavement, or at least have an option to refuse taxi-ism.  

Cheers,

Iri~

Edited by Iridian ShadowWeaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

The way I see it, a "Horse Taxi Service" could make for some very interesting tactics.

A force of half centaurs and half- well, anything that can ride a mount, basically, could be almost if not as mobile as a full centaur force. You could also have centaurs acting as rapid deployment, the fantasy equivalent to paratroopers. If you see a squad of centaurs, beware: even if they run away, they may have left something- or someone- behind.

Also, am I the only one imagining a guinecian riding into battle standing on the back of a centaur, rapier pointed forwards as they both shout a battle cry? Adorable!

7111d4fea662ddcedc732a7b7c3ebe1e.png

> Guy rides down the road in UO

> guy bumps into something invisible

> guy discovers he can't move in any direction

> 8 Shadowclan orcs decloak and kill him

> then they kill his horse

> 1 builds a campfire in the middle of the road

> they roast and eat the horse right there and then

> guy is watching the whole thing as a ghost

> oooOOOooOOooooOOo

Now THAT sounds like fun!

I role play a wordsmith.

nJ2s4Jk.jpg

Just saw the above in some of the old 2015 promotional stuff.

1) No Saddle.

2) Actually looks pretty damn good and better than some of the in-game armors...

3) No Saddle.

---------------------------------

Edit: Also, Axe and Shield for Lego? Yes, Please.

Edited by angelmar

Legio is full service--he heals, buffs, will be your willing mount, conditions, exfoliates, gives pedicures, holds your hand... this guy is fabulous!  

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus