Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blazinzero

cloak and dagger moderation went sour?

The forums are dead because of the pay wall, other problems outstanding.

I don't think the forums are dead and I doubt the pay wall ($5) is responsible for the arguably lack of activity here. It costs 7 times more to access the CU forums, they have no marketing expense (other than minor costs for live streams and social media) and still have pretty active forums.

Yeah still trying to figure out how these forums are supposedly dead. maybe if you only stop by once a week or once a Month but for those of us that are here everyday pretty much contributing and helping ACE can see its simply the natural ebb and flow of pre launch forums. Are some times more active than others? of course but no its far from dead. I think some would like it to be dead so they can justify their own failed attempts at building community's elsewhere but sorry its not our fault your special little place free of the tyranny and oppression didn't work out as you hoped. The rest of us are still here trying to help ACE make the game we backed with our own money so feel free to join us anytime.

Edited by pang

I think all of you value your "contributions" a little much.

How to measure a dead forum? The only metric we have available to us which is posts per 24 hours. For all of you who talk about quality over quantity and that post counts aren't the only thing that matter, a lot of sit in the shadows and watch. We giggle on other forums and gaming slacks over how few posts are on these forums. You guys can comment about how awesome you are, but dead is dead.

You can argue the reasons til the cows come home. In the meantime, the rest of us will keep playing other games and stay in the shadows here.

but sorry its not our fault your special little place free of the tyranny and oppression didn't work out as you hoped.

Wait, is this about angrycrows or thedregs? Because I don't see where anyone brought that up but you.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=forums&mid=739&sid=f29789e5fe48c9b4a62f538b908121ce&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&userMode=content

Where's these "contributions" that you keep bragging about? All I see is trolling. Not a single response in the testing forums for your last 50 posts.

We all want to talk how awesome we are and how awesome I'm not. I have actively participated in several off-site communities (TheDregs, Crowfall Wise Ones, Slack, still discuss Crowfall on SBemu, Magicbane, and BDO Slack), participated in the Cawstume contest, one unofficial wiki, did the subtitles for a Crowfall video, backed the kickstarter, and helped several TheDregs prize contests. Yet, I'll still state that I don't contribute anything to the forums.

But you'll toot your own horn about your "contributions". Are they in the form of reports?

Edited by headlight

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=forums&mid=739&sid=f29789e5fe48c9b4a62f538b908121ce&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&userMode=content

Where's these "contributions" that you keep bragging about? All I see is trolling. Not a single response in the testing forums for your last 50 posts.

We all want to talk how awesome we are and how awesome I'm not. I have actively participated in several off-site communities (TheDregs, Crowfall Wise Ones, Slack, still discuss Crowfall on SBemu, Magicbane, and BDO Slack), participated in the Cawstume contest, one unofficial wiki, did the subtitles for a Crowfall video, backed the kickstarter, and helped several TheDregs prize contests. Yet, I'll still state that I don't contribute anything to the forums.

But you'll toot your own horn about your "contributions". Are they in the form of reports?

Its not bragging when its simply stating facts. I post when I'm able to participate in tests and if there's anything I need to add to whats already there, keep looking Sherlock. Otherwise take note of all the other discussion threads I post in. Only trolly posts are ironically (or not) are in replies to you. I post a lot both on and off topic stuff just like everyone else. So sure go ahead and cherry pick and I'm sure you'll move the goalposts in your next reply. I don't have to justify myself to anyone especially you. I and everyone else who actually sticks around helping ACE make this game have been here the whole time and never ran off like a pouting child because you couldn't poorly made socks post as much as you wanted to.

Anyways see you next Month or whenever you decide to grace us with your presence again. Can't wait to hear for the #94549876486748967 time how dead this forum is and how bad we all are.

Edited by pang

Cherry pick? It was the last 50 posts that are just drivel in suggestion forums. Should I make 50 comments in the naval combat threads to show how much of a "contribution" I am?

The rest of us are still here trying to help ACE make the game we backed with our own money so feel free to join us anytime.

How is that moving the goal posts? You're not helping do much of anything. You said that you're trying to help ACE, yet your post history doesn't really show that you're doing anything of worth.

I and everyone else who actually sticks around helping ACE make this game have been here the whole time and never ran off like a pouting child because you couldn't poorly made socks post as much as you wanted to.

Where did I go? I've been here the entire time. I just sit back and laugh at the White Knights turning on each other and nitpicking each other now that they don't have anyone to report anymore. I make every post that I want and then some. Check the moderator login dates. Even they aren't here to moderate. I said what I wanted before and I say what I want to now. Nothing changes that. Not even some salty White Knight who thinks he's a contribution.

The forums are dead because of the pay wall, other problems outstanding.

I don't think the forums are dead and I doubt the pay wall ($5) is responsible for the arguably lack of activity here. It costs 7 times more to access the CU forums, they have no marketing expense (other than minor costs for live streams and social media) and still have pretty active forums.

The forum's dead because:

1. There's hardly any new information coming out.
  2. The pay wall makes people think about their post a little more than a zero-risk forum.
  3. Most people interested in CF are waiting for it to get playable.

I still think CF will be the first great PvP MMORPG if the combat is fun, the economy works, and crafting isn't too much of a grind.

I think all of you value your "contributions" a little much.

I'm guilty of that too.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

1. There's hardly any new information coming out.
  2. The pay wall makes people think about their post a little more than a zero-risk forum.
  3. Most people interested in CF are waiting for it to get playable.

I still think CF will be the first great PvP MMORPG if the combat is fun, the economy works, and crafting isn't too much of a grind.

They got the right ideas to make it the first great PvP MMORPG. As you write, it will depend on the combat and economy/crafting, but what will be determinant imo is the performance. I'm pretty sure that they could launch the game with a very basic crafting system and the combat in its current state (with some minor tweaks) and it would still work pretty well, but if the PvP is limited to small encounters because of the engine limitations, it's going to be the major issue I think.

We'll see if it works during Siege Perilous. If they let only 40-50 players per match, for a game that is supposed to support thousands, it might be a sign that it's not working as hoped.

• There's hardly any new information coming out.
  • The pay wall makes people think about their post a little more than a zero-risk forum.
  • Most people interested in CF are waiting for it to get playable.

100% this. This is the reason things are slow around here.

Sneak home and pray you'll never know the hell where youth and laughter go.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

It's $5 just to enter the forum, it's not part of any game access.

While it's nice that we don't have as many troll accounts and insincere posters, there's a population of curious potential customers and patient observers who would be drawn into the game if they could interact with the community.

At the end of the day, it's another way to market the game. It's not free, but the cost in moderation could yield more involvement and draw in more consumers.

They already deploy several pay walls within the consumers themselves. There's a private developers club for spenders, a testing forum which only those who've paid enough can write in, and a welcome section.

They could simply expand some fields for more conversation. In my suspicion, exclusive forums are motivated for evading input more than rewarding contributors, and it breeds an environment of agreement, as only those willing to support the developers choices have a voice.

That's a bad environment. ACE has a list of niche expectations to uphold, but there is plenty of room for discussion within those parameters, and they are suppresed.

There's little to talk about and less to share because the majority of ppl here have already arrived at there conclusions. New ppl means more conversation, both informative and speculative.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I personally think the forums are dead because the game is still buggy and not really '''''the game''''' yet. I mean I prudishly have played in like two tests, and I think my most memorable match was one I spawned as a confessor, and couldn't attack anything, and also all the terrain was black. Anyway I survived until almost the end by running around trees and jumping on rocks long enough for a few teams to have time to pick eachother off. I still died but I made it a long drawn out annoying process

Which don't get me wrong is fun but not fun enough to keep my low attention span ass playing the game

Love you all

Edit: I posted this on my phone sorry if I made any weird autocorrect mistakes

Edited by Hi!