Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blazinzero

cloak and dagger moderation went sour?

Forums are dead'ish because we've talked pretty much all relevant topics to death.  We need new game systems to discuss.  Do you really want another thread about:

• Eternal Kingdoms
  • Cash Shop
  • Animation Lock
  • Staggers
  • Vessels
  • Character Progression (Skills, Disciplines, etc.,)
  • TTK
  • APIs

I mean do we know all there is to know about these systems? Not hardly, but without new info from the Devs, there is only so much speculation a community can stomach.  And honestly, I think the forum vets are tired of rehashing all these discussions for the late adopters who are too lazy to search the forums.

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

There's actually way more to talk about, there's just not enough variety of interests to start and contribute to other subjects.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Has anyone thought about naval combat yet?

Just that I think it's inclusion would be the greatest expansion ever! :lol:

A game like this begs for it's addition but I think it's obviously best left as a post launch feature. I'm sure they have plenty on their plate as is.

I registered my account May 2015, and I have less than 20 posts to my name. Half of these are from the recent pre-alpha playtests and feedback threads.

How the custard do people rack up such ridiculous post counts for a game that isn't even in alpha yet?

Go do something else, forums are all poorly made socks - always have been, always will be.

I registered my account May 2015, and I have less than 20 posts to my name. Half of these are from the recent pre-alpha playtests and feedback threads.

How the custard do people rack up such ridiculous post counts for a game that isn't even in alpha yet?

Go do something else, forums are all poorly made socks - always have been, always will be.

Some people talk. Some people don't. Post count means little. (until it doesn't)

Dont know where all the SB people are, I am just here to reap the salt.  As long as there are plenty of tears to sow, I plan on farming.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

I'd say that the lack of Proto is a pretty clear sign of a dead forum.

should say "Doc"

but i digress....

heyas kiddies....and no...i ain't about ta drop any Knowledge on this Thread, way too easy to get in "trouble" for the likes of lil ole meh

that being said...here's a Thought, without prolific Posters making with the Interlocutor role, the art of Conversation on Forums such as these can easily deteriorate rapidly, if not evaporate completely...there are indeed times in the proicess of Community building online when Post counts do indeed matter quite a bit

just sayin'...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

The community is actually doing fine... the game is progressing... people who really care about the game and are supportive of it are testing and leaving lots of feedback...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

The community is actually doing fine... the game is progressing... people who really care about the game and are supportive of it are testing and leaving lots of feedback...

no offense there V-snail, but do forgive me for not taking any expression of objectivity from you seriously...

but thanks for the giggle

as for the game's Progress, i am hoping it proceeds fine...my largest Concern is that what i am looking for, no one on the Dev team ever really saw for themselves...

so i am left Hoping for the best, awaiting later this week when i will try some Testing...but not getting my expectations higher than the curb, because i foresee moar MOBA than the depth given us in SB

could just be me...

Edited by doc gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

Not just you Doc. I trust people who go along with development, regardless of whatever misbegotten direction that might be, with a healthy skepticism. There are a few of them in well entrenched positions.

It's just silly for people to claim some sorta moderation ruined the community when the people who are actually supportive of the game are still around and generally have the foresight to understand where the game is heading...

Then you have those that tried to change the game to what they want and didn't buy into the vision, and then think the sky is falling because things didn't go their way, as they lacked the foresight to understand how game development works.

i do so adore the habit some have of just making shyte up to fit their pet hypothesis....

just for the Record...never had trying to change anytghing occurred to me..i have yet to try it, so how could i reasonably talk about any changes?

second...check again..no claims were made, however one cannot deny the empirical data...yes?

try it yourself..check number of posts per day, number of users logged in per day....compare the two time periods...and voila!!

objective metrics

silly of me...i know...but there you have it

i appreciate a good Contrarian....unfortunately, they are so few and far between.....and none in this Thread...

just sayin'...

FIQw0eP.png

No hypothesis here... some people kept crying about moderation, the same people that preached forumbaning, in the end those people tucked tail, accused the game of betraying them, and are not very supportive of the game right now. 

Do you honestly think the forums are going to be bustling right now when there isn't a huge wave of new information and testing is still limited to very early stages? 

Objective thinking... silly of me I know, but there you have it.

Anyone that has ever been a part of games through early development until they ship knows that activity comes in waves... there are points where big reveals generate activity, and points where they are just busy making the game and reveals aren't so big. 

The only person trying to make a pet hypothesis here is you... because of your untimely exit from the community (tail tucked between your legs and pouting) you try to act like things went to hell afterwards... they didn't... they are actually better than ever... the game is further along, the truly supportive fans (not the fairweather ones) stuck around and helped shape the game... nuff said... no real argument you can make against that.

I mean they made it pretty damn clear from the getgo that this was not shadowbane with better graphics... They asked people to come together from different communities and be more understanding of each other... they introduced action combat... They stated many times that the forumbaning wasn't going to be acceptable... Despite all of that transparency some people still act like they were caught off guard... they really weren't... they just tried to convince themselves the game was what they imagined, and not what they had been constantly told by ACE themselves.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

ok....let's stay Objective then...

there was WAY less info pre-paywall...agreed?

that shoots your hypothesis that lack of info drives down community participation prima facia

also, do tell me what hypothesis i offered? merely stating observations...read it again if unclear

as far as me "tucking tail"... your Agenda is showing there sparkles.....

my going was more for the Game and the Community than anything else...rather than be a distraction as well as a bone of contention....better for all if i take a break...yes?

that's a Q.E.D,

EDIT: and just for you....  https://youtu.be/cCEkuo94X6I

Edited by doc gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

ok....let's stay Objective then...

there was WAY less info pre-paywall...agreed?

No not really... the majority of information and hype for the game is still from the kickstarter... never has there been any info drops remotely as large as that.

that shoots your hypothesis that lack of info drives down community participation prima facia

also, do tell me whay hypothesis i offered? merely stating observations...read ti again if unclear

as far as me "tucking tail"... your Agenda is showing there sparkles.....

my going was more for the Game and the Community than anything else...rather than be a distraction as well as a bone of contention....better for all if i take a break...yes?

that's a Q.E.D,

Nah you didn't go for the game and the community...  But it doesn't surprise me that you've convinced yourself that was the case.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

wow...i give you creds for persistence....if not accuracy...

there's a metric butt ton moar info out naow than before the paywall, there's Alpha...streams, actual toons and testing...along with all the discussion and feedback from said endeavors...

any sane individual would readily admit to there being much more to talk about now than then....but there you have it...some are not interested in sane discussion it seems

and as for your last line...i didn't know you were really the amazing Kreskin!!!

do read my Mind some more and tell meh all about it!

as for the Topic....

all that's ever wanted in Forums is a bit of Order, and not having folks hurling epithets and such at each other...it's bad for a Community, and thus adversely effects the Game itself...

obvious really....at least for thinking creatures

FIQw0eP.png

wow...i give you creds for persistence....if not accuracy...

there's a metric butt ton moar info out naow than before the paywall, there's Alpha...streams, actual toons and testing...along with all the discussion and feedback from said endeavors...

But none of that information was ever released at nearly as large a scale as the kickstarter info drop... it's almost as if it was spread out through many updates...

any sane individual would readily admit to there being much more to talk about now than then....but there you have it...some are not interested in sane discussion it seems

Ad hominem...

and as for your last line...i didn't know you were really the amazing Kreskin!!!

do read my Mind some more and tell meh all about it!

as for the Topic....

all that's ever wanted in Forums is a bit of Order, and not having folks hurling epithets and such at each other...it's bad for a Community, and thus adversely effects the Game itself...

obvious really....at least for thinking creatures

What you actually wanted on the forums was to throw your weight around... act snarky to people you disagreed with, and use your status to make sure they couldn't reciprocate.  That's how things actually were... 

These days the forums run very clean... there's pretty much no drama, and the majority of posts are about improving the game as it heads towards later stages of development. 

Seems better off than before... and btw the game isn't dead... things kept going even without the "forumbaners"... as most of us who are familiar with game development knew would happen.

i'll just hit the last and leave you to your fever Dreams....

never said anything was dead...i did say pretty clearly that i agreed it seems the Forums are very quiet compared to the previous levels of activity

so i'm happy to head on out of here and leave it be...cuz the gentle Readers can decide for themselves, and there's less reason to argue with you than there is for anything else i can think of doing right now....but hey...thanks for the discourse

enjoy yer evening there, sparkles...

"most of us familiar with..."

it's funny that....especially since you are so clueless about some things...but allow me to leave you with a Thought...

i'm an olde person, who has been gaming since all there was revolved around either pinball or grognard Fun.... i have Chainmail, which preceded D&D...i had both a CompuseverID as well as an AOL screen name...my time Testing goes all the way to Meridian....

what you don't know could fill entire encyclopedias...you know, those paper things before Wikipedia....

but you keep on with your pronouncements and erroneous proclamations....

it's almost Amusing....

almost

/fingerwaves

FIQw0eP.png

i'll just hit the last and leave you to your fever Dreams....

never said anything was dead...i did say pretty clearly that i agreed it seems the Forums are very quiet compared to the previous levels of activity

so i'm happy to head on out of here and leave it be...cuz the gentle Readers can decide for themselves, and there's less reason to argue with you than there is for anything else i can think of doing right now....but hey...thanks for the discourse

enjoy yer evening there, sparkles...

"most of us familiar with..."

it's funny that....especially since you are so clueless about some things...but allow me to leave you with a Thought...

i'm an olde person, who has been gaming since all there was revolved around either pinball or grognard Fun.... i have Chainmail, which preceded D&D...i had both a CompuseverID as well as an AOL screen name...my time Testing goes all the way to Meridian....

what you don't know could fill entire encyclopedias...you know, those paper things before Wikipedia....

but you keep on with your pronouncements and erroneous proclamations....

it's almost Amusing....

almost

/fingerwaves

So anyway the moderation has been great, the forums are running smoothly tons of feedback for tests, the game is chugging along with new modules...