Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blazinzero

cloak and dagger moderation went sour?

so would the TL;DR for this thread be...

Goons came to CF

Goons acted like this was SA part 2

Goons got booted

Goons cried like little girls

by the way, how's the weather in deklein? ohh... nevermind.

Edited by Kalus_Konkwest

Funny thing... i'm new here and i find it amazing that pretty much every post/reply is at least somewhat constructive. Not sure how it was 1 year ago though.

As it should be in a gaming community, I am also glad things got cleaned up. I stopped going to the forums for a while cause it was just smack talking and ad hominem, with just a few constructive criticism. I really cant understand how people think being toxic and being free to do that is such a great thing. 

krevra.png

The period of deadness passed. It's still relatively slow compared to how it all started, but not going to bother arguing metrics I don't have.

And these forums were never toxic. Read magicbane forums and then get back to me. These forums were never even close.

The period of deadness passed. It's still relatively slow compared to how it all started, but not going to bother arguing metrics I don't have.

And these forums were never toxic. Read magicbane forums and then get back to me. These forums were never even close.

The activity of these forums was pretty much completely expected, a huge initial hype wave, hype returning for big announcements at times, things dying down during inactive periods, and picking back up as the game gets closer to release. 

These forums were pretty toxic compared to most modern standards for a while, but they have long since been cleaned up.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

The activity of these forums was pretty much completely expected, a huge initial hype wave, hype returning for big announcements at times, things dying down during inactive periods, and picking back up as the game gets closer to release. 

These forums were pretty toxic compared to most modern standards for a while, but they have long since been cleaned up.

I don't know that they were more toxic than most of the forums I've frequented for bigger titles of late.  ArcheAge, BlackDesert, Etc.  However, there was a good number of people who wanted a wild west, which may organically grow eventually but their attempts to force it were ill-advised.

I don't know that they were more toxic than most of the forums I've frequented for bigger titles of late.  ArcheAge, BlackDesert, Etc.  However, there was a good number of people who wanted a wild west, which may organically grow eventually but their attempts to force it were ill-advised.

Most forums I've been involved in are either wild west or candyland. This is the first time I've seen White Knighting evolve into being a bigger issue than those causing the trouble. And watching a team endorse the behavior.

Most forums I've been involved in are either wild west or candyland. This is the first time I've seen White Knighting evolve into being a bigger issue than those causing the trouble. And watching a team endorse the behavior.

I think you are being a bit biased here, yall get really riled up for all sorts of silly things at times.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

so would the TL;DR for this thread be...

Goons came to CF

Goons acted like this was SA part 2

Goons got booted

Goons cried like little girls

by the way, how's the weather in deklein? ohh... nevermind.

whats a deklein? oh and also this is stdh.txt

j6CmSi3.png

On 18/02/2016 at 4:14 AM, checkyotrack said:

Well, the forums are dead and the community has been horribly mismanaged by ACE. It was directly marketed to the Shadowbane crowd. Play 2 Crush was thrown all over the place. What happened when the Shadowbane community entered the forum? The moderation was locked down tight. XcomVic was brought on as moderator and was absolutely terrible at his job. In the first month a good portion of the community were dejected. It would go downhill from there. The Report system was constantly abused and despite many reports being without merit they were still acted upon. Doc Gonzo, who was the best moderator on this forum was removed causing a further rift. It was a debacle the way that was handled.

The forums eventually became pay to post because nothing fosters a community like making them pay money to have discussions. Later anonymods were introduced and people were making alts to get in and chat logs came out showing that IPs were being compromised by trolls who were able to become anonymods. That breach was never addressed. However, anonymods were only able to see IPs for a little while. Moderators no longer can. 

So, after 10 months of harsh moderator action, continuous mishandlings, and repeated debacles the community is dead. 95% of the Shadowbane community who were excited about this game do not want nothing to do with it anymore. 

SOZ WOT YER SAYEN IS JUST CUZ DA FORUMS IZ DEAD THOSE BOYZ LEFT DIS GAME BEFORE IT EVEN RELEASED? NO ZOGGIN WAY DEY WILL.RETURN FOR LAUNCH!