Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cannot link directly to store item

Jihan

Store category pages have human-readable static links, e.g. https://backers.crowfall.com/#/store/kingdom . However, if I want to link someone directly to a specific item e.g. a small keep, I get a hex-mangled URL which is apparently session-specific.

Please provide permalink capability for store items.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Store category pages have human-readable static links, e.g. https://backers.crowfall.com/#/store/kingdom . However, if I want to link someone directly to a specific item e.g. a small keep, I get a hex-mangled URL which is apparently session-specific.

Please provide permalink capability for store items.

Unfortunately the store presentation is set up to be account-specific.  This is how some people see Kickstarter items but others do not for example.  Sorry!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

That's fine, but not a complete response. Why can't there be a single static URL for each store item which, when requested, causes the server to respond with the account-specific item page based on the requester's account? That server side logic is already happening when I request the static URL for the item category page- the server response to that generic request is customized with the account-specific links to the individual items. All I'm suggesting is that that customization logic happen one layer deeper in the page hierarchy.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

You are right that we could do this, but it's not on the near-term development road map.  One of the core features of the system we are using is a dynamic, not static store experience and the layer you'd like doesn't exist in that system today.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Fair enough - thanks for the detailed response!

Tully