Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stiviribar

If I Were To Kill A Friendly

I don't mind intra-faction ganking as long as the system doesn't half ass it like most MMO's do by allowing the ganker to run and hide in a safe zone where they can't be attacked.

You shiv someone in the back you should expect them or their appointed proxy to deal with you as they see fit.

Killing friends is almost even more fun than killing enemies. You can hear the revenge-seeking words afterwards on teamspeak. Pure gold.

Edited by kopko

You  know a lot about me. Interesting  my guild mates  usually my  real  life  friends. I  could  bet i  know  them  pretty  good. And if you dissagree  you can just say  so no  need to get rude. And up there in my post i didint just say about guilds  if you read. Where is the  fun in a game  if 10 people  keep killing you once your out of town everytime and making you  quit the game. You have to have some sort of system  to prevent that  not everyone has 30+ people to play a game. And this will make  the game a ghost town . Its the main  problem  they will gain nothing from killing you  but even if your naked they will kill you thats  NOT fun.

If your guildmates gank you so much that you can't enjoy the game don't you think you should find a more tolerant guild? Maybe your guild thinks you're a spy? Maybe they don't like how you talk to them? Maybe you reported one of them? And just tell us that English isn't your 2nd language and most of us will cut you some slack on the grammar.

Hey Cash, am I totally off-base saying guilds will have their own systems of justice? (I know you'll still Kill me on sight in-game either way)

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

If your guildmates gank you so much that you can't enjoy the game don't you think you should find a more tolerant guild? Maybe your guild thinks you're a spy? Maybe they don't like how you talk to them? Maybe you reported one of them? And just tell us that English isn't your 2nd language and most of us will cut you some slack on the grammar.

Hey Cash, am I totally off-base saying guilds will have their own systems of justice? (I know you'll still Kill me on sight in-game either way)

I said  guild  shouldn't attack each other  thats my  opinion.The ganking  part isn't about guilds.Im saying if you  kill a friend from your own faction  you should  get a penalty for it.Otherwise the thing i said above will happen.And grammar really? just cuz  you didin't like something you have to go  nuts?  But really  grow  up . Im saying my opinion  , you can just write  that you dont share  the same. And explain why. Instead of crap talking.

I said guild shouldn't attack each other thats my opinion.The ganking part isn't about guilds.Im saying if you kill a friend from your own faction you should get a penalty for it.Otherwise the thing i said above will happen.And grammar really? just cuz you didin't like something you have to go nuts? But really grow up . Im saying my opinion , you can just write that you dont share the same. And explain why. Instead of crap talking.

Yes grammar, it's important when the only communication is via text.

As for your opinion, I find it quite ridiculous. There's already an inherent penalty to killing a friend...you might no longer be their friend. Why should the developers tell you who you are allowed to kill in a PvP game? Or do your friends find it fun to make you whine, and you're worried they'll all kill you, a lot?

I said  guild  shouldn't attack each other  thats my  opinion.The ganking  part isn't about guilds.Im saying if you  kill a friend from your own faction  you should  get a penalty for it.Otherwise the thing i said above will happen.And grammar really? just cuz  you didin't like something you have to go  nuts?  But really  grow  up . Im saying my opinion  , you can just write  that you dont share  the same. And explain why. Instead of crap talking.

Why are you still here? Do you really have to have the last word?

Follow your own advice and "grow up".

and check yo crack...forgot about him...he is number 56 ya know.  that sweet spot

Nice to see my contributions are appreciated .

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

If your guildmates gank you so much that you can't enjoy the game don't you think you should find a more tolerant guild? Maybe your guild thinks you're a spy? Maybe they don't like how you talk to them? Maybe you reported one of them? And just tell us that English isn't your 2nd language and most of us will cut you some slack on the grammar. Hey Cash, am I totally off-base saying guilds will have their own systems of justice? (I know you'll still Kill me on sight in-game either way)

im just confused as to what you guys see as a guild. In my guild for instance, many of us have been playing together anywhere from 5 to 10 years. So the idea of one of us killing each other is a joke, not because it doesnt happen, but sometimes we custard around. We dont need the game tellin us how to run our guild. As far as getting griefed by someone in your guild? Find a new guild. I really dont get that one. A guild shouldnt be some mindless group of people with minimal interaction it should be your ingame family. If you dont get along maybe its time to find a new one.

X6RBqg7.gif

Seems a lot like this thread is basically one or two dudes asking for the developers to hard-code penalties for and/or entirely disallow killing guildmates because they don't believe guilds can self-police and everyone else trying to explain in vain that unless you're in a horrible guild there's no risk of malicious spawn-ganking unless your town is being camped by enemies (again, also your guild's fault).

2eyfm20.jpg

I'm all for anyone killing anyone.  I agree there is no reason that guild members shouldn't be able to attack other guild members.  I don't particularly want to see Factions so I'm not even gonna talk about that....

BUUUTTT....

What is with the beef on flagging red etc?  I know it can be abused and I know red does not always mean bad PK, but I still think the criminal system has it's place.  If you go around killing unguilded, noobs, and other neutrals, other people should know about it.  The best way I've seen is red flagging.  Should you be denied access to towns and vendors?  NO, I don't agree there.  I was red for a long time and I would not have been red if I couldn't go into town.  (UO Siege Perilous does not have those restrictions, though town guards did not protect you.)  I'm just saying the players cannot ALWAYS take care of things themselves, particularly with the unguilded.

My take on open world PvP, just because you CAN kill everyone doesn't mean you SHOULD kill everyone.  I want a game that says, outside of guild vs guild conflicts, random murder is bad.

And I have no problems playing a murderer in such a system.

In an FFA PvP game it is best to shoot first and ask questions later. Having a character turn red is just unnecessary. It also limits griefing potential which would make me qq :(

I'm all for anyone killing anyone. I agree there is no reason that guild members shouldn't be able to attack other guild members. I don't particularly want to see Factions so I'm not even gonna talk about that....

BUUUTTT....

What is with the beef on flagging red etc? I know it can be abused and I know red does not always mean bad PK, but I still think the criminal system has it's place. If you go around killing unguilded, noobs, and other neutrals, other people should know about it. The best way I've seen is red flagging. Should you be denied access to towns and vendors? NO, I don't agree there. I was red for a long time and I would not have been red if I couldn't go into town. (UO Siege Perilous does not have those restrictions, though town guards did not protect you.) I'm just saying the players cannot ALWAYS take care of things themselves, particularly with the unguilded.

My take on open world PvP, just because you CAN kill everyone doesn't mean you SHOULD kill everyone. I want a game that says, outside of guild vs guild conflicts, random murder is bad.

And I have no problems playing a murderer in such a system.

Because why hard code punishments? My experience in MMOs is: the more freedom the players have, the better. In this case, FFA PvP is the freest form of PvP, and the players can (and have) meted out punishment. From experience also: I have way more fun with the intrigue of heresy and betrayal than just knowing something must have happened because when I log in my friend's name is red.

Of course, I avidly support random murders where players represent justice rather than some down the mountain authority.

Edited by mctan

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

I want a game that says, outside of guild vs guild conflicts, random murder is bad.

Guilds and individual players are more than capable of establishing whatever code of ethics they can enforce. Again, there's simply no need for dev involvement on this aside from giving players the tools and mechanics necessary to handle their own poorly made socks. If ganking is an issue it's as simple as taking a couple pvp-ready toons out to defend your guild's newbs while they level. If a guild or player gains a reputation for doing something lame then the players should be the ones to correct that behavior through any means necessary.

The problem with red flagging is that it removes a facet of player control over the game world which doesn't make the game more fun, it just makes it easier.

2eyfm20.jpg

Because why hard code punishments? My experience in MMOs is: the more freedom the players have, the better. In this case, FFA PvP is the freest form of PvP, and the players can (and have) meted out punishment. From experience also: I have way more fun with the intrigue of heresy and betrayal than just knowing something must have happened because when I log in my friend's name is red.

Of course, I avidly support random murders where players represent justice rather than some down the mountain authority.

I didn't say anything about punishments.  Is a name being a different color a punishment?

So this one is to the PvP FFA lovers. In the beginning of shadowbane, it was the ganking of lowbies that ended up driving a portion of players away, especially in the first year. So what would be your solution to this? I'm for FFA PvP as well. But how do we keep the player base if we go into yet another game with the same mindset?