Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Massively OP: World building exclusive - Official discussion thread

Pann

Good video. Always better for me at least to see these concepts at work and how they apply to the game then just reading about them.

Best part for me was when Vlad said there could be different sizes of CWs, so that's another thing that will make each CW unique from the next one I think.

Looks exciting. Love the art style. Now ACE just needs to give us a benefit to making our EKs full loot and full Pvp and we are set! How else would we capture that EVE espionage vibe?

Edited by tierless

I role play a wordsmith.

Everything about this is awesome.

Building a customized EK with pooled resources from our guild kickstarter efforts and setting rules that we want (PVP ENABLED!)

Going into a new campaign and NEVER knowing the map. It will be a new experience each time. 

This game is becoming more and more of a reality. 

Combat testing is going very well. Siege/destruction testing starts next month. World building tool is already working! 

Combat + siege + world building = ready to test an actual game world, right? 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

The more we hear of the EKs the more it seems that meaningful, consequence-filled PvP suits them. Right now they are just large player housing... and that is entirely fine. However, by adding a system that expose the EK to some sort of PvP danger while also giving a reward in proportion to that danger (and the amount of damage you can inflict to the other EKs), we could create a much more interesting economy and political environment. Doing this "danger mode" (for lack of a better term) option right wont even detract from campaigns, as those are where the vast majority(and only high quality) resources will come from to feed these EKs in their now massive resource-wars!

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

Exciting to see all that interesting terrain and how it can be mixed up to be a fresh experience with every campaign world. Map size and design can have a huge impact on pvp gameplay so building this to be flexible is genius.

That was one of my bigger issues with GW2 WvW - it got boring playing the same maps all the time and there wasn't any easy way for them to make quality-of-play improvements over time.

tiPrpwh.png

Jesus, this guy seems so scared of losing his pixels.

Anyway, I am anxious to see how good the automatic campaign building process will be.

Definitely felt like he is actually lukewarm on the whole pvp and asset destruction thing.

I'm increasingly worried that there won't be enough interplay between the Campaign Worlds and the Eternal Kingdoms to supply the latter with the goods they need. Additionally, I don't think the demand generated by a one shot importation of equipped gear into SOME of the Campaigns will be enough to facilitate the "mercantile empire" playstyle described by the team.

With only the 3-faction and 12-faction bands allowing imported gear/vessels, and even then only at the start of a campaign, it doesn't seem like there will be a real reason to have an EK trading hub at all. We haven't been given reason to believe that they'll be needing a lot of gear for the EK's, though that might change. I can see the EK's being interesting for the world building aspect, and as playgrounds for either PvP or RP. It seems like the crafting will be done in-house by guilds, preparing for their next campaign, and not as something done for trade between players who don't already know each other. Players looking forward to their next 3-faction campaign would love to have some rare items from the dregs, but they really don't have anything to offer the Dregs players in exchange. The Dregs players don't necessarily need inferior resources and items, in fact they don't really need anything at all for their next campaign.

The EK's are described as social and trading hubs, but it just seems like the trading isn't incentivized and the social interactions will all happen in the Campaigns anyhow.

Edited by soulein

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV