Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Strangepowers

If you lived on an island and could only play one game...

It would be Crowfall of course! 

Hi, I'm new around these parts, I kickstarted but then did the layaway for an upgrade and for some reason didn't feel the part until I paid it off last night (just in time for testing :rolleyes:." So here I am in full glory, ready to sink my teeth into the community and get to know everyone. I am really looking forward to the game's development and evolution. Hopefully my account will get flagged for testing while at work today. 

*I do actually live on an island... I stand my my original statement  :lol:.

Edited by Strangepowers

And to answer the question of the only game.

For me this would be Star Citizen.

As its just having so much more assets and resources it can turn into real game quality, and for once the developer team doesnt seem to be totally unable and incompetent to use these enormous assets and ressources for something productive towards the quality of the game.

Of course I would tell everywhere else than in the Crowfall forums, that it would be Crowfall, to help the game getting acknowledged  :)

Because I am such an honest man like all you other mothaf***** out there, right?!      ö.ö/

But as it is my second most favorite game (and that really means something for the personality I became), as well as for the resources-to-gamequality ratio my most favorite game, its very much ok to say this in other places, so dont judge me!       ô.o

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Thanks for the welcome! I live on a small island in the southeast US, Tybee Island Georgia. 

Ok lets make this our base to fight back the corrupt game industry of these days.

I already acquired a squad in Austin,Texas to protect the independent game developer based there from evil influences of neo-capitalism and game publishers.

It would be a survival game...

I like the survival genre too, I just can't seem to settle on one. I have ARK, The Forest, H1Z1, The Long Dark and Life is Feudal. So far I like The Long Dark the best because I'm partial to the the art direction and theme... and it easy lol. 

Borderlands franchise isnt looking too good lately.

If they dont get it done with Borderlands 3 and make it a real new experience, the franchise will be done for.

Yeah it's kind of in Tomb Raider territory, more content is always good but you have to innovate the experience to justify multiple sequels.

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

I didnt even care about Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

I wont look at the franchise or Battleborn again until they got the guts to bring a Borderlands 3 out and put the 3 behind the name of this new game.

Because thats whats gonna be the deal, not a Pre-Sequel full price Addon which nobody wants or cares about.

Borderlands 3 would have to be a full fledged MMO with a great new experience for not only people who are familiar with the Borderlands franchise, but also are familiar with the MMO genre.

And I can understand that they are hesitating, as no game studio for quite some time until today, was able to give players a new fresh experience in the MMO genre so far for so long now, resulting in the Dark Age of (Online) Gaming.

They dont know what this game Borderlands 3 should be yet. as they stated theirselves, and thats fine, but hopefully they are really working hard to figure it out, because time is on the matter and people wont accept another fail like the Pre-Sequel.

Also the money grabbing in Borderlands 2 with all these DLC and microtransactions was clearly too much, and only cheap money grabs.

I didnt even care about Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

I wont look at the franchise or Battleborn again until they got the guts to bring a Borderlands 3 out and put the 3 behind the name of this new game.

Because thats whats gonna be the deal, not a Pre-Sequel full price Addon which nobody wants or cares about.

Borderlands 3 would have to be a full fledged MMO with a great new experience for not only people who are familiar with the Borderlands franchise, but also are familiar with the MMO genre.

And I can understand that they are hesitating, as no game studio for quite some time until today, was able to give players a new fresh experience in the MMO genre so far for so long now, resulting in the Dark Age of (Online) Gaming.

They dont know what this game Borderlands 3 should be yet. as they stated theirselves, and thats fine, but hopefully they are really working hard to figure it out, because time is on the matter and people wont accept another fail like the Pre-Sequel.

Also the money grabbing in Borderlands 2 with all these DLC and microtransactions was clearly too much, and only cheap money grabs.

I think what killed Borderlands 2 for me was the huge range of randomness on weapons.  I found myself swapping to weapons I didn't really want to use because they were just insanely more powerful, while keeping my finger's crossed for weapons that I just couldn't find when I really needed an upgrade.  Hard to balance difficulty in a game where the weapons vary so widely in power.  I felt unstoppable for levels after acquiring an awesome weapon, then later I would run into a dry spell of subpar drops or side-grades. I would have liked to seen a weapon crafting system were you could break down the random weapons you find into components like barrels, triggers, magazines, stocks, etc. and recombine them to create more tailored weapons.  Perhaps this has already been added through DLC or is in consideration for future Borderlands, wouldn't know cause I haven't followed it much since 2.

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?