Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vaith

Five workers left Crowfall including Tully?

Well that's weird, not sure what means alumni.

anyone know what they were in charge of?

Allison and Larissa are artists, Thomas is working on the servers I think, Nicholas is animator and seth is programmer or engineer + works on website if I'm correct.

Edited by courant101

Maybe all the tasks related to their job are done for now, and they'll be back when they need more animations / concept art / in-game art, etc.? Those 6 developers (7 with Billy, if it turns out to be true) are there since almost the beginning. It would make no sense to me to replace them with new people to finish the development.

Edited by courant101

Yep no point worrying about it until there's actually something to worry about.

**goes and finds tinfoil hat just in case** :lol:

Seriously though the word Alumni to me at least denotes there still is or may in the future be a working relationship when if needed or called upon. or what Courant just said, yeah.

Edited by pang

Yep no point worrying about it until there's actually something to worry about.

**goes and finds tinfoil hat just in case** :lol:

Seriously though the word Alumni to me at least denotes there still is or may in the future be a working relationship when if needed or called upon. or what Courant just said, yeah.

Well if ACE would actually tell us what's going on, it would help I guess. No idea why we're not informed about it before they actually modify the team page, or before MassivelyOP finds out.

Edited by courant101

Maybe all the tasks related to their job are done for now, and they'll be back when they need more animations / concept art / in-game art, etc.? Those 6 developers (7 with Billy, if it turns out to be true) are there since almost the beginning. It would make no sense to me to replace them with new people to finish the development.

Depends if they're hired on a contractual basis, if that's the case, their contracts simply expired. However since their team is so small, you would assume they need all hands on deck.

Hmmm looks like some of them went off to do their own thing and make a Vampire MMO (no comment)

http://www.shadowskiss.com/team/

Game development has a pretty high turnover and a lot of the really good devs get poached by other companies. A lot of the good Wildstar devs got poached right before/after release by Blizzard, Amazon, Activision etc. If I had to guess it was probably a situation where contracts for a few people ended and people went their separate ways. 

Edited by Zybak

Well if ACE would actually tell us what's going on, it would help I guess. No idea why we're not informed about it before they actually modify the team page, or before MassivelyOP finds out.

I asked Pann and Tyrant several days ago. They are legally not allowed to share any details about why people left.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I asked Pann and Tyrant several days ago. They are legally not allowed to share any details about why people left.

That doesn't stop us from wildly speculating though!!