Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vaith

Five workers left Crowfall including Tully?

I'm sad to see Tully and Larissa are gone. It does seems as if we've lost favored family members, and I'm somewhat surprised they didn't stop by the forums to say goodbye. 

Iri~

Most likely it's just because they didn't give a poorly made socks about you or any other member of these forums.

I'm sad to see Tully and Larissa are gone. It does seems as if we've lost favored family members, and I'm somewhat surprised they didn't stop by the forums to say goodbye. 

Please keep that handsome astrophysicist Bill Dalton :)

Iri~

Hey guys,

This is Larissa (can't log into my "official" account so this will have to do) I feel incredibly grateful for all the support and love that this community has given us. Thank you so much for caring about the individuals who've made Crowfall apart of their lives. I've been on the project for two years and, though there were times that it still felt like a job, there's really no experience like working on badass stuff and shooting the ---- with amazing coworkers.

What's so great about the game industry is that we're all family here. It's such a small world. You'll hear from us again in some project or another.

I have faith that Crowfall will be an incredible game. Please continue to support the people who are still there; they deserve a lot of appreciation for all the effort they've put into making this an enjoyable game. They really DO care. They are passionate and wonderful, and I really will miss them a ton.

I am still going to be posting art if you ever feel so inclined to come follow me, and I am kinda-sorta-really-not-much on twitter @larissaangus

If ACE allows me, I'll probably still stalk the forums too.

Anyway, super mushy stuff aside, thanks again! It means a lot to us!

Edited by elementaltoad

Hey guys,

This is Larissa (can't log into my "official" account so this will have to do) I feel incredibly grateful for all the support and love that this community has given us. Thank you so much for caring about the individuals who've made Crowfall apart of their lives. I've been on the project for two years and, though there were times that it still felt like a job, there's really no experience like working on badass stuff and shooting the ---- with amazing coworkers.

What's so great about the game industry is that we're all family here. It's such a small world. You'll hear from us again in some project or another.

I have faith that Crowfall will be an incredible game. Please continue to support the people who are still there; they deserve a lot of appreciation for all the effort they've put into making this an enjoyable game. They really DO care. They are passionate and wonderful, and I really will miss them a ton.

I am still going to be posting art if you ever feel so inclined to come follow me, and I am kinda-sorta-really-not-much on twitter @larissaangus

If ACE allows me, I'll probably still stalk the forums too.

Anyway, super mushy stuff aside, thanks again! It means a lot to us!

Thank you for the update, and good luck out there!

OS_Sig3.png

I wonder if it changes anything to the estimated launch date. Last time I heard ACE talk about it, it was still planned for December 2016.

ACE has a lot of non-development related positions like video producer, marketing, web, community staff, translation. With several developers leaving, I guess the ratio gets even bigger, hopefully enough resources go to the development. Also wonder if they've found the quality insurance guy yet.

December 2016 as release date isnt realistic by now anymore for sure.

At best release will be somewhere in 2017, and more likely towards the later late second half of 2017.

But first campaign world testing is within reach it seems.

Lets hope, that the new staff finds into the job quick.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

December 2016 as release date isnt realistic by now anymore for sure.

At best release will be somewhere in 2017, and more likely towards the later late second half of 2017.

But first campaign world testing is within reach it seems.

Lets hope, that the new staff finds into the job quick.

We don't really know how far the development is, what are the major things still missing to the core module or any details about the timetable for the future tests (but 2.0 in March), so it's hard for us to judge. Until they share information about it, I guess that we can only base our expectation on the most recent estimated date given by ACE: December 2016.

Edited by courant101

Its not the first game project we are obersing by now, isnt it?

We all know hos things work I guess.

Barely ever heard of a game giving out a release date at start of developing, and then really releasing on that date.

Its a mythos, like unicorns, reindeers and honest people in politics, they just dont exis in reality, only in people's minds.

Edited by Urahara

Its not the first game project we are obersing by now, isnt it?

We all know hos things work I guess.

Barely ever heard of a game giving out a release date at start of developing, and then really releasing on that date.

Its a mythos, like unicorns, reindeers and honest people in politics, they just dont exis in reality, only in people's minds.

We can surely compare Crowfall  to other projects and speculate about its launch date based on how other projects suffered delays. However, the last time I've heard about it, we were still on track with the initial schedule. We started testing end of summer as planned, 2.0 is happening a little later than originally planned but it may or may not be an indicator of a delayed launch date. It all depends on how far the development really is, what they want in the game for launch, how the future tests will go, how fast the development goes, etc. and we don't have this information yet. 

You dont wanna publish an unfinished product for sure.

All the negative responses would be very bad.

Thats what Beta is for these days, pre-order or spent some money extra and you get in early, having what you are looking for.

So there is absolutely no need to publish it on official release earlier, if you can make a soft launch with early access for those wanting to play it early/unfinished and willing to even pay more for being able to do that.

Edited by Urahara

We can surely compare Crowfall  to other projects and speculate about its launch date based on how other projects suffered delays. However, the last time I've heard about it, we were still on track with the initial schedule. We started testing end of summer as planned, 2.0 is happening a little later than originally planned but it may or may not be an indicator of a delayed launch date. It all depends on how far the development really is, what they want in the game for launch, how the future tests will go, how fast the development goes, etc. and we don't have this information yet. 

Weather or not we have confirmation of a delay isnt important. It was silly to think an MMO would get built that quickly to begin with. The launch is going to be delayed at least by the same amount as 2.0 was delayed; I don't see how that time can be made back

You dont wanna publish an unfinished product for sure.

All the negative responses would be very bad.

Thats what Beta is for these days, pre-order or spent some money extra and you get in early, having what you are looking for.

So there is absolutely no need to publish it on official release earlier, if you can make a soft launch with early access for those wanting to play it early/unfinished and willing to even pay more for being able to do that.

I agree to this 100%. But following your bout with courant was hard. Please quote the person you are talking to

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

Weather or not we have confirmation of a delay isnt important. It was silly to think an MMO would get built that quickly to begin with. The launch is going to be delayed at least by the same amount as 2.0 was delayed; I don't see how that time can be made back

Maybe you're right, but at this point it's just speculation. The only ones detaining the information required to make the estimation about the launch date are the developers, and as far as I know they haven't informed us of any delay yet.

As for the presumption that "since 2.0 has been delayed by a month, the launch also is delayed by at least a month", it may end up being correct or incorrect, but at this time it's impossible to know for us. If we knew what caused the delay, in the first place, maybe we would be somewhat closer to being able to make an educated guess.

Is it because the entire timetable has slipped by a month, or is it because a specific feature (Ranger ability, animation, wall destruction, siege mechanics, etc.) isn't working as intended so further testing is required before launching test? And will they hire more programmers that will speed up the development? Will they give up on certain complex features like environment destruction, procedural tile placement, tunnels, virtual reality, etc.? Will they reduce the amount of archetypes, seasonal effects, monsters, rulesets, armors, powers, disciplines, types of castle for launch and add them gradually later?

We have no idea, all what we know is that they haven't announced any delay, and until they do, we can only speculate about that.

We have no idea, all what we know is that they haven't announced any delay, and until they do, we can only speculate about that.

Did they actually release a launch date?  I just find it very doubtful that there was actually a launch date given.  So all this talk of delays and what not are pretty silly.  Devs don't give launch dates when they're in pre-alpha.  And since there is no launch date, there wouldn't be any reason for them to talk about delays.

Did they actually release a launch date?  I just find it very doubtful that there was actually a launch date given.  So all this talk of delays and what not are pretty silly.  Devs don't give launch dates when they're in pre-alpha.  And since there is no launch date, there wouldn't be any reason for them to talk about delays.

If you looked at kickstarter it says "Delivery DEC 2016" and yes there was a release date between DEC 2016 to end of dec 2016 but most likely going be delay to early 2017 or Q1 2017.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

The expected launch date for December 2016 was mentioned by ACE a few times since Kickstarter. https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=uDLKVragB8eh8wfmwqyADw&gws_rd=ssl#q=%22crowfall%22+%22launch%22+%22december+2016%22

"Crowfall is a crowdfunded game supported by the pledges of over 22,000 backers. Your pledge will help us continue Crowfall's development. Currently in pre-alpha, the game is expected to launch in December 2016. Pledge Now!"

Edited by courant101

They will release in dec 2016, missing a few features.

Theyve already said that "release" just means they arent wiping the characters any more, theyre preparing us for a slow roll out for launch. They can also release with only a few "tetris" pieces and have months to make more before new campaigns start. They can also release missing a few archetypes and only 1or 2 campaign types.

Nothing says they have to have all 13 archtypes, all campaign types and all land pieces done to launch...

I bet well see 2 types of campaigns, 7-10 archetyes and the rest will roll out wthin a few months of dec

MOkvLlm.png

Just an fyi.. kickstarter requires they put a date there.  It by no means is an actual release date.  It might be a general target date they're shooting for, maybe, but nobody should be holding to that as an actual release date.

Just an fyi.. kickstarter requires they put a date there.  It by no means is an actual release date.  It might be a general target date they're shooting for, maybe, but nobody should be holding to that as an actual release date.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/11011-five-workers-left-crowfall-including-tully/?p=258313

Honestly, I don't care what it said there on the Kickstarter page.  It is virtually impossible for them to know when the game will be ready to release when they hadn't even started pre-alpha.  There's a big difference between them saying what they're expecting and them actually announcing a release date.  The problem with a lot of people (fans) is that they see a date like that and run with it, thinking it's gold.  Thinking the devs somehow promised to release on that date.  And when the devs don't meet that date, all hell breaks loose on the forums.

There's nothing wrong with people holding out hope that they're able to make that date.  It may be what they're shooting for but it's NOT an actual release date.  I'll actually be very surprised if they make that date.  Just don't think you're entitled to some notice of delay if they don't make that date.