Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reusing Animations

Vaeryx

So... This is a topic that I'd really like answered. I was looking at the video with the Ranger's melee basic left click ability (I'm guessing ;)) and I realised that this is a lot like what I'd expect the Assassin to do. So I started pondering the idea that you (The Devs) may be planning on reusing animations, I believe that this is an efficient way to save time, but it looks bad. Playing Guild Wars 2 I discovered many reused animations (Such as the Thief's main dagger combo) and it was kind of underwhelming, I finally got a dagger on my Necromancer and then realised it shared its 1 with the Thief.

So I ask thy greatnesses who have been bestowed the benevolent name "Developers", do you plan on reusing animations?

(P.S. I wasn't really sure where this was supposed to go so I put it here.)

Edited by Vaeryx

They have already confirmed reusing assets. Specifically they mentioned several archetypes being based off others. For example, the Templar and Knight will be very similar, they went as far as to say the Templar male may use the same animations/model as the knight but altered a bit. I think it does make sense if they made about 7 base archetypes and build off that. Templar and Knight, Frostweaver and Confessor, Champion and Minotaur, etc.