Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arkade

Atlas Reactor

Yeah, I actually had a really good time playing this during the sneak peek. I wasn't sure if I'd like it due to the turn based system but I found myself playing for hours and having fun.

The publisher of the game is really bad.

Trion Worlds.

Anything by Trion worlds is bad :D 

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

It looks interesting but i was never fond of turn based games. I like their aspect of deep strategical thinking but i like things real time.

Anything by Trion worlds is bad :D

Trove is doing well, and Atlas Reactor is fun. 

I'm sure we all have a reason to dislike pretty much every game maker out there because they've disappointed us at one time or another. Sometimes people learn from their mistakes. Sometimes new people replace those who made the mistakes. Failures in the past do not guarantee failures in the future.

I judge a game based on the game, not based on who made or published it.

Trove is doing well, and Atlas Reactor is fun. 

I'm sure we all have a reason to dislike pretty much every game maker out there because they've disappointed us at one time or another. Sometimes people learn from their mistakes. Sometimes new people replace those who made the mistakes. Failures in the past do not guarantee failures in the future.

I judge a game based on the game, not based on who made or published it.

Yes but I guess we can all agree on, that generally speaking all the people in the gaming industry in general replaced the good, nice, fair, inspired, ceative, interesting people from much over 10 years ago when gaming was actually fun, innovative and interesting, with pretty much the opposite by now with the people now working in the gaming industry and destroying it, becausel all what they are caring for is money and themselves.

And this is the truth, and you know it.

The gaming industry was totally different when I was young. It was amazing.

And now its just pitiful.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Yes but I guess we can all agree on, that generally speaking all the people in the gaming industry in general replaced the good, nice, fair, inspired, ceative, interesting people from much over 10 years ago when gaming was actually fun, innovative and interesting, with pretty much the opposite by now with the people now working in the gaming industry and destroying it, becausel all what they are caring for is money and themselves.

And this is the truth, and you know it.

The gaming industry was totally different when I was young. It was amazing.

And now its just pitiful.

It's true that money drove the industry more than creativity. I think there are lots of game companies/publishers that have done questionable things since the decline of the subscription model. But if I were to rule out every game company who ever did something I didn't agree with, I wouldn't have any games to play.

Regardless, the landscape is changing. The industry is trending away from high cost, publisher driven MMOs. Game companies aren't looking for the next WoW anymore. They are looking to fill a niche, provide something unique and fun, and do it at a manageable cost. They are looking to crowdfunding instead of publishers.

You may hate Trion, but that doesn't change the fact that they have made games that many people have enjoyed playing. If you avoid a game simply because of that hate, you are only hurting yourself.