Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In a brave new world - Official discussion thread

Pann

Those screenshots during the day make the game look much better. All of the promotional material for this game (Kickstarter footage and Hunger Dome) have all been at night with everything dark.

7fDjlpM.jpg

Looks pretty darn good in my opinion.

Edited by Zybak

It's real nice to see a preview of a world that actually looks ALIVE and has sunshine!  I'm digging the lighting effects and its interaction with the sky, ground, and various objects.

<BOT> Wabice, a.k.a. Florida Man, a.k.a. JOHN CENA, a.k.a. Heid D'Salaami, a.k.a. ...

Florida Man Wins Hunger Dome Match.  Performs Victory Fire Dance.  Dies.

Looks really nice from the screenshots, but will the parcels all look that pronounced (as in the square shape). From a technical standpoint, this is a brilliant idea, but from a design standpoint, I worry people will see "Oh, this is clearly the line of where the parcel ends/begins". Plus I suppose there might be the possibility of players memorizing parcel layouts and plan accordingly. If parcel "X" for example is a 10 cell one, and a player knows that on every parcel "X" there is a place with an abundance of say, wood, is it possible they could just recognize, "Oh this is parcel x, if I go over here I can get a ton of wood!".

TL;DR I hope the parcels are less pronounced in game as the videos we've seen so far show. You can clearly see the square outlines on each.

Edited by Nicholas LionRider

a single cell is now 256 x 256m.

So the size is actually increased by 56 meters?  :) Awesome.

Old size: 8m x 5 x 5 = 200m.

From the FAQ (source):

Each LOT is 8 meters by 8 meters in size.

Each SUPERLOT is 5 lots by 5 lots.

Each CELL is 5 superlots by 5 superlots.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Don't worry, it will look much better when we provide you guys with building tools!

Whaat!? :D

And yes, day is awesome, lighting is cool, and while the grass is "eh" the whole thing is very nice, especially for alpha!

Tile-seams are unfourtunant; and while it's cool that we can see them, it will be quite interesting to see what you guys do to make it more seamless.

(i.e. make some parcels simply "bounds" w/ terrain-parameters and the terrain in them procedurally created (with said parameters); blending would be post computation and with shapekeys...? I dunno. Sounds like fun (and lots of work)!)

Great job so far guys, as though we don't see too-too much except for the concept, I know the framework in the background is quite beautiful as well :P

Excited to see where this goes!

"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light." ~ Arca Jeth, Star Wars Legends

Looking good so far! Can't wait to try pvping on all of these different types of terrain. I'm excited about the concept of new randomized maps for every CW, sounds like the team is really making it work.

On the parcel edge blending issue JTC discussed that in another thread:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/10993-massively-op-world-building-exclusive-official-discussion-thread/page-2#entry257910

tiPrpwh.png

Each LOT is 8 meters by 8 meters in size.

Each SUPERLOT is 5 lots by 5 lots.

Each CELL is 5 superlots by 5 superlots.

Uhm, damned, how did this multiplikation thing work again?

So the actual sizes would be

Lot 10,25 m

(Superlot 51,2 m)

Cell 256 m

(Supercell 1280 m)

Kingdom (up to) 6400 m (40,96 square meter)

right?

I'm interested in whether the Swamp parcel just has puddles or if rain causes this effect or, perhaps, it's just always raining in the swamp parcel.

Looks great, too, and am hoping that the additions such as trees and buildings might provide reasonable variability between two of the same type of parcel.

Keep it up!

Can't wait to see more tree diversity.

Also, plans on desert/tundra/tropical environments altering the parcel's appearance? Remember seeing an O'Neal interview regarding how easy changing textures to snow and the like would be. Any info?

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

We should start a petition to bring the next hunger dome matches in daylight.

They probably just rescaled the unit size, no actual increase of anything.

It did increase.  Previously a single cell was 200m x 200x, now it is 256m x 256m.  The size of the objects/players/etc were NOT scaled accordingly (in simple terms, "the terrain got bigger, everything else stayed the same".)

Todd

ACE - Crowfall

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Skies and natural environment looks pretty amazing. But buildings dont seem to blend in with nature very well. That i have no problems with, just giving my opinion.

After giving it a bit of tought, i think i think that way because of (lack)ambient occolusion? I suppose.  Wonder how driver-forced ao would effect this.

newworld6B_watermarked.jpg