Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

In a brave new world - Official discussion thread

I've spotted an error...according to lore, shouldn't that moon be shattered in two? (Your friendly neighborhood lorehound)

Also, anything on weather? Looks like a couple seem to be getting set for some weather, and I remember them saying that weather would impact gameplay.

I've spotted an error...according to lore, shouldn't that moon be shattered in two? (Your friendly neighborhood lore hound)

Also, anything on weather? Looks like a couple seem to be getting set for some weather, and I remember them saying that weather would impact gameplay.

Gravity would make it reform as a sphere if it's big enough.

Of course, a broken moon in every CW and EK would become iconic!

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I love the update about the environment world.

I do hope the weather system is dynamic as well as we go along in "Day/Evening/Night/Dawn" cycle.

I would love crowfall to have dynamic cycle of this Weather Type thing, if it's possible ;) .

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

I've spotted an error...according to lore, shouldn't that moon be shattered in two? (Your friendly neighborhood lorehound)

Well spotted! We had a conversation about whether or not to include that image since it's not the 'real' moon we'll have in the finished game. O'Neal was hesitant but I nudged and we went with it. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Skies and natural environment looks pretty amazing. But buildings dont seem to blend in with nature very well. That i have no problems with, just giving my opinion.

After giving it a bit of tought, i think i think that way because of (lack)ambient occolusion? I suppose.  Wonder how driver-forced ao would effect this.

newworld6B_watermarked.jpg

You're exactly right, AO will help out dramatically, Another thing throwing this screen shot off are the shadows LODing a tad close. Good thing is all of this along with the (PBR) materials and lighting will improve how buildings look in the Env a LOT.  :) 

-J

Jon O'Neal, Lead Environment Artist, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

LOL this made my day!!!!! I told Val, our crows are TOOOOO good not to take notice!!!! Someone will call it out, Well spotted.

In Val's defense , she just liked the moon shot setting...So we can't fault her for that. 

-J

Jon O'Neal, Lead Environment Artist, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

LOL this made my day!!!!! I told Val, our crows are TOOOOO good not to take notice!!!! Someone will call it out, Well spotted.

In Val's defense , she just liked the moon shot setting...So we can't fault her for that. 

-J

So all worlds will have the same moon(s) in the sky? Worlds are more like alternate realities than separate celestial bodies in one universe?

IhhQKY6.gif

So all worlds will have the same moon(s) in the sky? Worlds are more like alternate realities than separate celestial bodies in one universe?

This.

Only moon that should be torn asunder is the EKs Moon. Why not allow different types of skyboxes amongst the worlds. 2 moons? Why not? The world will be destroyed along with the moons.

In which case, then why not allow the EK owner to set the night/day sky.

(Keepin mind I don't mind seeing Kanes home destroyed in every world, but variety is the spice of life.)

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Krip has a point. Each planet would have its own orbit. Considering that we will be going to hundreds of planets at varying distances from the center of the Galaxy, it would be odd to have similar skyboxes for all of them. Considering this is fictional though, I don't care THAT much.

Krip has a point. Each planet would have its own orbit. Considering that we will be going to hundreds of planets at varying distances from the center of the Galaxy, it would be odd to have similar skyboxes for all of them. Considering this is fictional though, I don't care THAT much.

Unless all worlds are alternate versions of the same "earth" that always orbit the same "sun" with the same "moon."

I could see it working that way, but it is not what I was expecting. As long as that is a conscious decision and the narrative supports it, it would be fine. This is a fantasy universe after all, and we are supernatural beings fighting an eternal war of the gods, so the worlds we fight over don't need to follow sci-fi style astronomical realism.

I'm curious about the lore that ArtCraft has in mind for how the worlds fit together.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

So if all of the worlds share the same moon why not also include some other heavenly bodies to represent the other worlds. Would give Crowfall a really unique surrealist fantasy setting to see the other worlds from whichever one we're on. 

This.

Only moon that should be torn asunder is the EKs Moon. Why not allow different types of skyboxes amongst the worlds. 2 moons? Why not? The world will be destroyed along with the moons.

In which case, then why not allow the EK owner to set the night/day sky.

(Keepin mind I don't mind seeing Kanes home destroyed in every world, but variety is the spice of life.)

Why couldn't we see other campaign worlds in similar orbit?  ...the sky functioning as a celestial scoreboard, with the Hunger always winning!

rSHxVEY.gif

Why couldn't we see other campaign worlds in similar orbit? ...the sky functioning as a celestial scoreboard, with the Hunger always winning!

If you wanted to be realistic, the orbits could be similar for some planets and even have a moon visible to more than one planet but, then the planets would have to be visible to each other. Also, I believe that if you had 2 planets of the same size in the same orbit, moving the same speed around a single sun, it would flip the magnetic poles to point at each other and then halt the planetary rotation. If the planets didn't crash into each other first, they would lose atmosphere and gravity and everything would die shortly before being flung into space in the direction of the highest magnetic force.

Edited by IdeaMatrix

Why couldn't we see other campaign worlds in similar orbit?  ...the sky functioning as a celestial scoreboard, with the Hunger always winning!

excellent point!

Would be fascinating to see destroyed worlds in the sky too!

If you wanted to be realistic, the orbits could be similar for some planets and even have a moon visible to more than one planet but, then the planets would have to be visible to each other. Also, I believe that if you had 2 planets of the same size in the same orbit, moving the same speed around a single sun, it would flip the magnetic poles to point at each other and then halt the planetary rotation. If the planets didn't crash into each other first, they would lose atmosphere and gravity and everything would die shortly before being flung into space in the direction of the highest magnetic force.

F---, Gravity. 

I always forget about physics... unless Gravity is The Hunger and its Center is a black hole...

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Still needs more fire, as in things on fire. Other than that, looks great! Reminds me of the PVP version of Toy Box mode in Disney Infinity in a good way. 

Edited by tierless

I role play a wordsmith.