Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cash

Shadowbane guilds going to dominate this game?

Hopefully a really long time so that there is a lasting population...

But seriously, this is why I'm hoping there actually isn't some gigantic Shadowbane super-nut-cup-alliance right out of the gate.  Different SB guilds forming up different coalitions etc. is another matter.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

SB guilds have been practicing MMO launches since what SB beta in 2002?  I think from familiarity with how to start fast, most guilds/groups having leadership structures in place for a decade with comfortable roles I'd be surprised if we all didn't have a head start at a launch.

What I don't want to see is any game become the original SB servers.  Dead, empty, full of "crushed" players who don't log in.  We need to be smart about it.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

I hope they have a justice / reputation system that limits griefers.

There should be.

How the system works:

You get griefed.

You tell your friends "hey that guy is a griefer"

You and your friends go burn down his stuff.

Flawless system.

nAd1VPD.png

Possibly, but there also seems to be a lot of Kingsisle players joining, like me. I've played one game with a guild before though, but in W101 and P101 people make clans too, and it seems a large group is coming from P101.

I agree...

Well they could have red names for reputation violators too. That way you can have the war against griefers and anti-s, like in UO.

And "limiting griefers" has ruined a lot of games... Open pvp!!

Uhhh... I disagree, you have to have limits. Or it turns out everyone is a griefer.

EVE Online for example. Its a cesspool community now. I would never play that game again. Everyone is negative there.

edit -- Do we really want another Darkfall? I didnt even play it... So much promise wasted...

No, we want a better Shadowbane.

No MMO has ever had the politics, strategy, depth of character building, fully destructible player built cities, meaningful PvP over meaningful resources.... it also had more technical problems than I'd care to list.

Rules limiting who can attack who and where this can happen is more of the same ole cookie cutter MMO crap. 

Open.  PvP.

nAd1VPD.png

No, we want a better Shadowbane.

No MMO has ever had the politics, strategy, depth of character building, fully destructible player built cities, meaningful PvP over meaningful resources.... it also had more technical problems than I'd care to list.

Rules limiting who can attack who and where this can happen is more of the same ole cookie cutter MMO crap. 

Open.  PvP.

You didnt just log in a game you logged into crush, really like it said... 

join teamspeak/vent

who are we killing today?

and there was your game

There was so much more than just a game if you wanted it. The politics, the sale of runes and resources, the manipulation of anyone you could get your hands on.... I mean... The hours leveling characters while discussing the merits of this or that trait and templates...

You took the death of your character personally because you put the effort into creating it.. the choices you had it was all about making it the best you could and if you messed that up in the beginning you started over. 

The SB guilds will have a strong presence in this game. The SB community was strong and proud.. just ask them they wont hesitate to tell you themselves.

~Vada~

my previous signature did not contain nudity... words covered the good bits but alas it is gone....

signx50_zps5b5a8244.jpg

You do realize the site where you head about this is titled "Play 2 Crush"?  If by some chance that is not the case let me highlight one of the revelant  lines....

"I don’t want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge.

I want to play a GAME, against PLAYERS where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose."

Additionally the Play 2 Crush motto is an obvious reference to Shadowbane which was an open PvP system.

If it isn't open PvP I will be disappointed...

You do realize the site where you head about this is titled "Play 2 Crush"?  If by some chance that is not the case let me highlight one of the revelant  lines....

"I don’t want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge.

I want to play a GAME, against PLAYERS where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose."

Additionally the Play 2 Crush motto is an obvious reference to Shadowbane which was an open PvP system.

If it isn't open PvP I will be disappointed...

^ This

I cant wait to hear you care bears squeal.

If this game ends up being like a shadowbane 2....

How long do you think it will take for the SB guilds to run the rest of the carebears off the game?

Hopefully this game is a bit different in that aspect, if it has player cities at all. Most detrimental thing IMO to Shadowbane was the "now what?" after a guild lost everything that had in game. It's difficult to make loss meaningful while still finding a way to make it not a 'game over' sort of deal. Hopefully they can balance that well so this game can retain a healthy population.

I'm not entirely certain Shadowbane guilds will be the dominant force here either, depending on how wide a net they can cast to attract players. There are a wide range of PVPers out there in various MMOs, all with different skillsets and experience. Only certain skillsets transfer game to game..

All in all, I think (and hope!) we'll see healthy competition amongst guilds coming from all games :)