Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cash

Shadowbane guilds going to dominate this game?

And this is why SB players moved here because that system over there fails... So hopefully they'll take that into consideration.

You forgot to add our use of mouse to point/ click and move. Our non-reliance/no need for WASD, too.

Maybe it was because we just kill people, burn down guilds/ cities until they quit the game.

Most people tend to quit EVE due to spreadsheet boredom and hand-holding skill development?

I went over to EVE after EnB died and really did not get that interested in what it had to offer. Tried it again, a year or so ago and did some pvp but the game felt like if I didn't have a character made when it started, "catching up" just seemed pointless. Too bad you can't powergame/ powerlevel or I would have stayed.

One thing, I did not notice much was hardcore RPing in EVE. SB had that and then some. Added another layer to the gaming funion. Decent lore really helps, too, with PVP and creating/ maintaining conflict.

( And looks like several RP guilds other than just the pirates are stopping by as well.  We don't just RPK, we do it with style )

5pdWpYv.jpg

Former Shadowbane Thief Advocate,

Current Crowfall Thief Advocate  ;)

SB Alliance did pretty well at the beginning of Darkfall and I expect there will be some form of alliance at the start of this game.

As far as reputation system, your name should be your reputation. There was nothing wrong with sandbox aspect of rep in Darkfall1.0 and griefing wasn't rampant.  Cry babies will always cry no matter what once they die, and nothing will change that. DF:UW experienced a massive population drop and one of the reasons for that are safe zones.

And this is why SB players moved here because that system over there fails... So hopefully they'll take that into consideration.

( Actually, bud, Shadowbane players moved over here because Shadowbane has been dead for years and this game was heralded on the logo of Shadowbane's log-in button, "Play to Crush".  The emulators are a joke.  Sure it was a cool game, but I don't want to game on some dinosaur graphics in 2015.

Shadowbane's system worked fine, it like most other MMOs of the time, died when World of Warcraft released.)

5pdWpYv.jpg

*Cough* Or that the game is old buggy piece of crap that everyone still loves.

I just love how cocky the SB community is about this game. All I say is good luck because SB was like ages ago and ya died because of WoW so why would you try to recreate something that killed off its own player base? Obviously open world doesn't work as you don't draw in new players, it will forever be the Vets who own the game. That's just a recipe for failure. Why create a system like that, that had an instance where it legit killed off some of its players base. You have to make that mix where there are pens for the sheep to protect them against the pack of wolves. Now if this sheep decides to go out into the forest, let the wolves get it. But my point is they need to find a balance for where new players who join the game months after everyone is settled and guilds dominate, etc. But still a new group can come in, learn the game and dominate.  Open PvP just all together sounds bad from what you guys are looking for. 

Community's like SB from what they sound like just looking at there posters, those don't last long. I have personal right hand experience on that. So just saying, you're getting a bit full of yourselves. But that's to expect from players like you. :)

Shadowbane players are full of themselves. You can play some candy ass game and as soon as someone mentions they played shadowbane, you're instantly best buddies. Until you re-hash battles and who was the best, but that's part of the territory.

It's a community just like any other. The Wiz101 players already look clique-ish as anyone else who spent an amount of time and pride in a game. Shadowbane players were very active in their forums and you will find them in the forums of almost any game that promises PvP.

Shadowbane failed for many reasons, but WoW wasn't it. Everyone tried WoW and kept trying game after game because it wasn't Shadowbane. In all honesty, we don't want a shadowbane clone. There were aspects of it (like killing off your own playerbase) that shouldn't be repeated like zergs, dupes, exploits, constant crashes, epic lag, long running times, etc.

Yeah, we're cocky. Saying we lack longevity? The game was a decade ago. People look at UO players like old G's but shadowbane players are just tools, lol.

I just love how cocky the SB community is about this game. All I say is good luck because SB was like ages ago and ya died because of WoW so why would you try to recreate something that killed off its own player base? Obviously open world doesn't work as you don't draw in new players, it will forever be the Vets who own the game. That's just a recipe for failure. Why create a system like that, that had an instance where it legit killed off some of its players base. You have to make that mix where there are pens for the sheep to protect them against the pack of wolves. Now if this sheep decides to go out into the forest, let the wolves get it. But my point is they need to find a balance for where new players who join the game months after everyone is settled and guilds dominate, etc. But still a new group can come in, learn the game and dominate.  Open PvP just all together sounds bad from what you guys are looking for. 

Community's like SB from what they sound like just looking at there posters, those don't last long. I have personal right hand experience on that. So just saying, you're getting a bit full of yourselves. But that's to expect from players like you. :)

I call for bane circle around his tree asap.

My guess is whomever dominates this game is whomever puts in the most effort - just like in Shadowbane. You have all sorts of former 'big name' guilds returning riding on the old glory of yesteryear who in a new game environment where they must put in the effort to actually learn a new game from scratch, will get utterly smoked. Each victory must be earned especially in a new game where everyone starts off as a noob, and the egoism of a large number of SB guilds will likely end up making them get buttsmacked fairly often then quit due to cognitive dissonance and refusing to believe they are not good at a 'similar' game to SB. The end result will likely be a large number of new conglomerates taking root, prolly also a large influx of highschool/college based players who can play 24/7.

Waste Management

Ventrilo info: Carbon.typefrag.com 8165 pw Tootdat

My guess is whomever dominates this game is whomever puts in the most effort - just like in Shadowbane. You have all sorts of former 'big name' guilds returning riding on the old glory of yesteryear who in a new game environment where they must put in the effort to actually learn a new game from scratch, will get utterly smoked. Each victory must be earned especially in a new game where everyone starts off as a noob, and the egoism of a large number of SB guilds will likely end up making them get buttsmacked fairly often then quit due to cognitive dissonance and refusing to believe they are not good at a 'similar' game to SB. The end result will likely be a large number of new conglomerates taking root, prolly also a large influx of highschool/college based players who can play 24/7.

(Chett'r Head is here)

5pdWpYv.jpg

I agree...

Well they could have red names for reputation violators too. That way you can have the war against griefers and anti-s, like in UO.

everone from SB is a griefer.  get ready to get nut deep in our pvp addiction.  If u hide. we will find and kill u.

ezgzn8.jpg

Shadowbane guilds aren't going to dominate crap lol... Shadowbane was full of legacy guilds from other games... most didn't amount to anything... or they exploited the game early on... took over a server, and claimed they won at the game and left within a month....

Very few of these guilds have been able to adapt to the new age of gaming... most are just full of washed up scrubs now... who will denigrate any system they suck at...