Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cash

Shadowbane guilds going to dominate this game?

I hope it's not Shadowbane 2, the EMUs are basically that and look how those are doing...

I hope it takes a lot of elements of Shadowbane and combines them with new and different gameplay options.  As much as the SB players loved SB, there was a lot they could improve on.  As long as the character customization is diverse, and the PvP system is skill based, that's a great start to something people will love.

I'm not sure I want to be in a guild or clan.  That sounds too much like work.  I just want to play. 

Do these guilds go out and help people, who are having problems with the game?

That I might be interested in.

I'm not sure I want to be in a guild or clan.  That sounds too much like work.  I just want to play. 

Dragonscale is the new player friendly nation from SB history.

Waste Management

Ventrilo info: Carbon.typefrag.com 8165 pw Tootdat

First off we don't know if there will even be an official guild system in place. Secondly thank you for dubbing Wizard101/Pirate101 players "carebears". After all it states that we care about each other and the gaming community. Also all bears have claws and teeth to rip their enemies apart. So got to say Shadowbane guilds won't even come close to dominating this new game.

Signed,

A Proud Wizard101/pirate101 Player

First off we don't know if there will even be an official guild system in place

Allies. Enemies. Alliances. (from play2crush.com)

I don't see how any MMO these days can exist without having guilds.

Think you should google the term "carebear" though. sounds like you're off base.

First off we don't know if there will even be an official guild system in place. Secondly thank you for dubbing Wizard101/Pirate101 players "carebears". After all it states that we care about each other and the gaming community. Also all bears have claws and teeth to rip their enemies apart. So got to say Shadowbane guilds won't even come close to dominating this new game.

Signed,

That's a bold statement.  But being that we don't know exactly what this game is going to be like you can't say that for sure so point taken with one cup of salt.

Signed,

THE AmazingTacoBurrito :lol:  :rolleyes:

Edit: Also, we have already said we are probably just going to fight each other like we currently are on the EMU.

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito

Besides Chet's reply about Dragonscale and its place in SB history there was another place new or even older SB players could go for advice on the different classes and that was the Class forums on the Shadowbane forums. In those forums you would have players from different guilds, nations and servers that have played that class for long periods of time giving advice and help to play that class. You would also find "basic" starter builds in those forums to help out. You would also have player made guides on principles to siege cities, how to build cities, how to make items, etc. Also when you did get into a guild, even the ones not Dragonscale, they would give you help coming up with a build and the ins and outs of playing different classes and in the different forms of combat: Solo pking, GvG and Banes. So historically these mean SBer's would help you out because they wanted you to stick around just so they could kill you.

Signed,

DO NOT TAUNT HAPPY FUN BALL!!!!

All of this sounds great on paper but remember one thing, a lot of the SB community is older now and not everyone will have the same drive, time, or energy to be as hardcore as they once were.  That being said, there is always a new group of younger players to fill the gap, but it just may not be the same.

Having said that, I am all for the SB type of game, lots of fun to be had, but games back then could thrive off of niche groups and if that is what they are going for here then more power to them. However, with so many games flooding the market these days they may be thinking of how to encompass more than just the hardcore player base.

That's a bold statement.  But being that we don't know exactly what this game is going to be like you can't say that for sure so point taken with one cup of salt.

Signed,

THE AmazingTacoBurrito :lol:  :rolleyes:

Edit: Also, we have already said we are probably just going to fight each other like we currently are on the EMU.

Um who said that we were probably (I stress the Probably) just going to fight each other like on the EMU because I don't recall seeing that.

I hate to have to agree with a different gaming community here ("Wizard101"), but this will be an entirely different game. Dominant players from one game don't always re-establish their dominance on a different one; to the contrary, the opposite usually happens. I watched leviathan juggernaut guilds which I previously thought unbeatable from the Asheron's Call "Darktide" server go up in smoke after migrating to Shadowbane. I also watched guilds which dominated Shadowbane get smoked on Darkfall. This is a little tautological, but the best "Crowfall" players will not necessarily be the best Shadowbane players, but the best "Crowfall" players.

You're safe placing bets on me, though, as I'm one of the best players on any game I play. I'm like the MMORPG player that Peekachew thinks himself to be, +100 I.Q. points and five or so inches where it counts most.

I also expect breasts fotos, pronto, from these supposedly female Wizard101 players.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.