Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cash

Shadowbane guilds going to dominate this game?

I hate to have to agree with a different gaming community here ("Wizard101"), but this will be an entirely different game. Dominant players from one game don't always re-establish their dominance on a different one; to the contrary, the opposite usually happens. I watched leviathan juggernaut guilds which I previously thought unbeatable from the Asheron's Call "Darktide" server go up in smoke after migrating to Shadowbane. I also watched guilds which dominated Shadowbane get smoked on Darkfall. This is a little tautological, but the best "Crowfall" players will not necessarily be the best Shadowbane players, but the best "Crowfall" players.

You're safe placing bets on me, though, as I'm one of the best players on any game I play. I'm like the MMORPG player that Peekachew thinks himself to be.

I also expect breasts fotos, pronto, from these supposedly female Wizard101 players.

Hey remember that time I carried you through a 10v10 championship. 

The integral sec y dy from zero to one-sixth of pi is log to base e of the square root of three times the sixty-fourth power of i = Astrophysics Black Guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirohito

rmtUNI0.png

If this game ends up being like a shadowbane 2....

How long do you think it will take for the SB guilds to run the rest of the carebears off the game?

We've had at least a few generational waves of gamers roll into the mix since SB.  A large chunk of them being battle/troll hardened in LoL and other F2P games.  I'm not sure there are still as many Carebears as there used to be.  

My guess is whomever dominates this game is whomever puts in the most effort - just like in Shadowbane. You have all sorts of former 'big name' guilds returning riding on the old glory of yesteryear who in a new game environment where they must put in the effort to actually learn a new game from scratch, will get utterly smoked. Each victory must be earned especially in a new game where everyone starts off as a noob, and the egoism of a large number of SB guilds will likely end up making them get buttsmacked fairly often then quit due to cognitive dissonance and refusing to believe they are not good at a 'similar' game to SB. The end result will likely be a large number of new conglomerates taking root, prolly also a large influx of highschool/college based players who can play 24/7.

So weird to read this cogent of a post from Chet without it being followed up by him talkin about creaming your corn.

And for everyone who mentioned the older player not much time to play aspect is spot on.  Every guild will need a whole new series of grunts as the grunts who are still around will be the new IC, and the old IC are well and truly old. 

I know that my time for any game is extremely restricted.  Forums in the evening were always the most fun anyways.

I somehow missed that chet post but he's absolutely correct in my view.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Every game has new guilds that appear and do well as well as the same old guilds who decide to take a chance on this generation of sandbox games. Not all the big pvp guilds even played shadowbane and Im sure they will do well if they want to give this a go. Saying shadowbane guilds will dominate is unrealistic. Some will do well, some wont.

I was wondering when the troll king would show up

When his hangover wore off and he had the gumption to get online.

Oh and Mal had to tell me the forums were open.

She knows what daddy likes.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

hmmmmmmmmmm very interesting maybe Sb guilds should stick together,  just to show these  to  peeps how to play a pvp game. MrDlcknose outttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um who said that we were probably (I stress the Probably) just going to fight each other like on the EMU because I don't recall seeing that.

I am saying probably because who knows whats going to happen, I can't predict the future.  It was one of the first posts about us fighting among ourselves if you can't recall anyone saying anything about us fighting each other.  

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito

How long do you think you will last in this game

We don't even know what this game is, yet. I don't think people should get in their head that this is the second coming of Shadowbane... nothing indicating that.

zjsbjmn.png

Only those that dont know wtf they are talkin about. Play to crush

I can tell you from experience that you're setting yourself up for a fall if you're making that much of a leap about a game 24 hours after its name reveal.

zjsbjmn.png