Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cash

Shadowbane guilds going to dominate this game?

Guilds that are over 10 years old with members in their 30s and 40s that will probably have to deal with a new political environment and a new combat system?  Not likely.

ageist

NFC 4 LYFE / KNIGHTS OF SILVERMOON / LEGACY OF BRUTALITY / CULT OF THE HY'PHY / THE REPTILIANS

nUWOFCL.png

Guilds that are over 10 years old with members in their 30s and 40s that will probably have to deal with a new political environment and a new combat system?  Not likely.

Yeah, I've heard this over and over for the past 20 years, and guys like you haven't been right yet. 

rSHxVEY.gif

Guildmaster, LotD

Yeah, I've heard this over and over for the past 20 years, and guys like you haven't been right yet. 

pretty much this. The same guilds have been going from game to game since UO and doing very well in all of them. I wouldnt expect this to be the magic one that breaks this rule. Im sure some new guilds will join them in doing well for themselves too.

The whole shadowbane guilds is nonsense though. I mean SB guilds talked themselves up going into Darkfall too and for the most part didnt do to well. The small club of long standing guilds came in and pretty much ran the show with a few exceptions.

Edited by byrr

I've been sooo noncompetitive in gaming since I aged passed 27.  

I did see an email about some pills I can take to get longer and more vigorous gaming sessions in.

I think I'm going to order some.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

I've been sooo noncompetitive in gaming since I aged passed 27.

I did see an email about some pills I can take to get longer and more vigorous gaming sessions in.

I think I'm going to order some.

I just rip lines til everyone's muted me and log.

I would say that new guilds with players in their 30s and 40s, who are good gamers, IE. adaptive and innovative, will do just fine in the Crowfall environment. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

well now...me am olde...

really...cereally...olde person...like tv in black and white when yer lil sibling was the remote control kind of olde.... 53

please come and kill me...i do so enjoy respawning, i'm rilly good at it...not even kidding....probably....

who are you again? where's mah meds?

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Look at the forums.  We are already dominating the only "game" available.  Just wait until the real thing!

Yes... well we are the vocal minority for sure....3500 community members and all you see is every old Sb'er coming out of the woodwork foaming at the mouth! My larger point was there are very few large Gaming Communities (moreso than guilds) left that play as a whole. I well expect this game to be 10k+, of which former SB'ers will be but a small part. Not saying a mark cannot be made, but i doubt it will happen with twenty and thirty man rosters. 

Yes... well we are the vocal minority for sure....3500 community members and all you see is every old Sb'er coming out of the woodwork foaming at the mouth! My larger point was there are very few large Gaming Communities (moreso than guilds) left that play as a whole. I well expect this game to be 10k+, of which former SB'ers will be but a small part. Not saying a mark cannot be made, but i doubt it will happen with twenty and thirty man rosters. 

True but I bet some of us make ourselves famous and infamous for actions in game and out.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Har...if it be anything like tha land o' Aerynth, ya will be surprised at what 20 or 30 can do wench!

zoopz idk if u remember but the gool v validation fight where u were yelling at everyone to kite west for 30 minutes was top 5 most irritating and hilarious things to happen in sb i think 

NFC 4 LYFE / KNIGHTS OF SILVERMOON / LEGACY OF BRUTALITY / CULT OF THE HY'PHY / THE REPTILIANS

nUWOFCL.png

zoopz idk if u remember but the gool v validation fight where u were yelling at everyone to kite west for 30 minutes was top 5 most irritating and hilarious things to happen in sb i think

Were we just stacking and dying?

That usually fires me up hahaha

ya we stacked against validation mixed caster grp and kept our heads held high til we decide to run after doing no dmg 

then we kite west

nUWOFCL.png

ya we stacked against validation mixed caster grp and kept our heads held high til we decide to run after doing no dmg

then we kite west

yep that'll do it lol

I can't keep trying the same exact thing. Especially defending, just draw it out as long as you can and their focus will break.

I vaguely remember this haha

Edited by zoopz

I just want to say thank-you to Michael Flatley for his "trolling."  Your trolling caused some of the so called hard core famous from Sb to show their true colors and caused them to tell so much about themselves, things that they have been hiding behind the façade of Shadowbane glory.  Their insensitivity to the mentally and physically challenged in this world and alternative lifestyles of some people. Their not so glorious title as No.1 in Shadowbane, is all in their head, so not to worry people. I  have seen that all the banter is just that.

If this game ends up being like a shadowbane 2....

How long do you think it will take for the SB guilds to run the rest of the carebears off the game?

As a long time Shadowbane player also, this is a interesting question if you ask me. I think a lot has to depend on the hype of the game by lunch. If the game was to lunch today, I'd say yes without a doubt.

But given time and for this game to gain more hype and more players form games like EVE, Mortal Online, Darkfall, even WoW, Planetside 2, Lineage 2, Archage and others. Who can really know? I can say for sure guilds from games like EvE, Mortalonline and Darkfall, will give Shadowbane guilds a run for their money.

I would be wrong not to say, that many guilds from Darkfall started in SB and even before that UO. So who knows.

This will not be a cake walk for Shadowbane guilds as many may think.

Edited by zault