Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cash

Shadowbane guilds going to dominate this game?

You didnt just log in a game you logged into crush, really like it said... 

join teamspeak/vent

who are we killing today?

and there was your game

HAHAHA - that was almost my exact greeting to everyone each night when I logged in.

On the original topic, no, I don't expect SB guilds to dominate. We should get off to a fast start on server up, but there are way too many enmities for us to crush non-SB folks first.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

I think we'll do ok for ourselves. We're all older and have more going on in our lives than we did 10 years ago. We have not been inactive since SB though, and SB vets have a better understanding than most coming from cookie cutter theme park MMO's of what a game like this is (at least as is implied from the home page). Play2Crush

I miss forumbane :(

No SB guilds wont dominate nor will any "legacy" or locust guild that i seen on here. Alot of those guilds will as stated earlier, come here rush to "endgame" dominate due to thar better gear or what have you, combined with knowing how to work together early on then leave to the next new hype like we already seen from alot of these groups. Once people catch up in level and proper guilds form and other have a understanding of the game it will be a whole diff ball game, not to mention thar will be other guilds here from MANY other games with more modern mmo RvR mechanics who have kept up leading in RvR environments and those guilds also will dominate early on.

Sadly the truth of it all is we on the forums are mostly the vocal minority and some communities here are very loud so it might seem like SB might be the dominate force here but thar is well over 20k people signed up atm and that number will continue to grow drastically over time and even more once alpha is released and finally the full game release. SB or any other community thinking they will be dominate force will have it coming. Also just because they might have played SB doesnt even mean they were good at all. Just means they played a RvR style game in its early stages at best. The people who will dominate Crowfall will be the players dedicated to learning crowfall and doing what most cant. And its not just about builds its also about knowing to lead your men in combat and doing exactly what needs to be done with few to no mistakes and knowing tactics and strategy.

This isnt to hate on vets from SB at all, but rather to answer the question if SB players will dominate Crowfall and i believe no, they along with a few others like myself are just very focused on finding a true modern RvR style game or at least that is why i assume most are here for a large scale style pvp game. Thats why we are here first. And its easier for SB and Wizard101 to be involved early because they know the developers by name. Once more and more people find out about Crowfall it wont be about SB or this legacy guild from this other game it will be, Which guild/group in Crowfall will understand the mechanics and dominate long term and work well as a guild. And even then that just mostly covers combat, you can win every battle but still lose the war. So we will find out who dominates at release and long after.

Fluff: In GW2 a alliance was formed pre-release and they won vs every single server think it was and didnt lose once for a month or so if im not mistaken, but then once people caught up in a month or so later that alliance fell apart and became like nothing and they were defeated and eventually dissolved along with some of those guilds. Likewise will happen here in Crowfall.

krevra.png

No SB guilds wont dominate nor will any "legacy" or locust guild that i seen on here. Alot of those guilds will as stated earlier, come here rush to "endgame" dominate due to thar better gear or what have you, combined with knowing how to work together early on then leave to the next new hype like we already seen from alot of these groups. Once people catch up in level and proper guilds form and other have a understanding of the game it will be a whole diff ball game, not to mention thar will be other guilds here from MANY other games with more modern mmo RvR mechanics who have kept up leading in RvR environments and those guilds also will dominate early on.

Sadly the truth of it all is we on the forums are mostly the vocal minority and some communities here are very loud so it might seem like SB might be the dominate force here but thar is well over 20k people signed up atm and that number will continue to grow drastically over time and even more once alpha is released and finally the full game release. SB or any other community thinking they will be dominate force will have it coming. Also just because they might have played SB doesnt even mean they were good at all. Just means they played a RvR style game in its early stages at best. The people who will dominate Crowfall will be the players dedicated to learning crowfall and doing what most cant. And its not just about builds its also about knowing to lead your men in combat and doing exactly what needs to be done with few to no mistakes and knowing tactics and strategy.

This isnt to hate on vets from SB at all, but rather to answer the question if SB players will dominate Crowfall and i believe no, they along with a few others like myself are just very focused on finding a true modern RvR style game or at least that is why i assume most are here for a large scale style pvp game. Thats why we are here first. And its easier for SB and Wizard101 to be involved early because they know the developers by name. Once more and more people find out about Crowfall it wont be about SB or this legacy guild from this other game it will be, Which guild/group in Crowfall will understand the mechanics and dominate long term and work well as a guild. And even then that just mostly covers combat, you can win every battle but still lose the war. So we will find out who dominates at release and long after.

Fluff: In GW2 a alliance was formed pre-release and they won vs every single server think it was and didnt lose once for a month or so if im not mistaken, but then once people caught up in a month or so later that alliance fell apart and became like nothing and they were defeated and eventually dissolved along with some of those guilds. Likewise will happen here in Crowfall.

I somewhat agree with this. Pretty much what I was saying also in a way.

If any of your remaining SB guilds are anything, it is resilient.

What you want to be more worried about from the SB players is not the in game elements. If politics play as large a part in Crowfall as they do in SB, that is where you will see the SB players have a huge advantage.

C4sIZDW.gif

If any of your remaining SB guilds are anything, it is resilient.

What you want to be more worried about from the SB players is not the in game elements. If politics play as large a part in Crowfall as they do in SB, that is where you will see the SB players have a huge advantage.

I doubt any more so then EvE, Darkfall and Mortal Online guilds. They are all very much the same in politics to SB.

They won't. Shadowbane wasn't a hardcore game, so stop deluding yourselves.

The best clans from DFO (should they come to this game) will undoubtedly mop the floor with the SB crew.

They won't. Shadowbane wasn't a hardcore game, so stop deluding yourselves.

The best clans from DFO (should they come to this game) will undoubtedly mop the floor with the SB crew.

You do know many of the DFO clans come from SB before that UO right? Not that agree SB guilds are going to just walk all over this game. This is why I said it very hard to say which game guilds will dominate.

Darkfall Online was a lot of people Shadowbane 2.0 before Crowfall many years ago. Lets hope Crowfall doesn't turn out to be Darkfall.

Off topic... just had to add Fall in the name eh?

Edited by zault

SB guilds are actually relatively small. Large scale SB aggregate guilds might do well, it's hard to say. I think we'll have an early advantage in template building and such, as the game has strong SB influence, but we might not have the numbers. It'll be fun.

When DFO launched, the HoE SB nation was like Malice, -X-, CS, HoE, ROFL, WB, CR and a host of other SB guilds. Something like that could crush --- but SB players have some intense unsettled grudges, so keeping all those heads under 1 roof is difficult.

Edited by fuggeroffuggington

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

SB guilds are actually relatively small. Large scale SB aggregate guilds might do well, it's hard to say. I think we'll have an early advantage in template building and such, as the game has strong SB influence, but we might not have the numbers. It'll be fun.

When DFO launched, the HoE SB nation was like Malice, -X-, CS, HoE, ROFL, WB, CR and a host of other SB guilds. Something like that could crush --- but SB players have some intense unsettled grudges, so keeping all those heads under 1 roof is difficult.

I agree with this. As I said before, I think it really depends on how hyped this game gets and the amount of players at lunch. If we were going into lunch tomorrow, I'd say yes SB guilds would dominate this game. But that isn't so.

Some really big guilds that can match the numbers of CN, that never touched SB.

Edited by zault

I don't think it would be 100% accurate to say that Shadowbane Guilds will dominate.  I feel like they will be strong, but I also feel like many of the same things that happened in Shadowbane will happen here as well.  Alliances will be forged and broken, guilds will form and separate, players will come and go.  I will definitely say that Shadowbane players that decide to depart from their old guilds and seek new homes will be a valuable addition to any guild's roster, especially if said guild has never played an MMO with the politically charged atmosphere of Shadowbane.  That said, Crowfall is going to be a breath of fresh air given we already know the game has a new set of attributes and stats, and therefore a whole new balancing act for players to learn and master.  Some older SB players will be able to look at some of the starting runes and figure out which ones will be a waste of points (Witch Sight, anyone?) and which ones will be helpful.

First off we don't know if there will even be an official guild system in place. Secondly thank you for dubbing Wizard101/Pirate101 players "carebears". After all it states that we care about each other and the gaming community. Also all bears have claws and teeth to rip their enemies apart. So got to say Shadowbane guilds won't even come close to dominating this new game.

Signed,

A Proud Wizard101/pirate101 Player

I can't wait until this game goes live! This will be quite interesting :-)

cmurder%20sig_zpsaq2rwphh.jpg

I just want to admit that the SB community as a whole is filled with rogue players. I don't mean as an ingame class or profession - I mean there's a ton of individuals who all want to vie for top dog positions and aren't afraid to fight the hierarchy even if it means guild banishment. There are still plenty of guilds that can muster up organized elite fighting forces but there's a real problem within the community when it comes to humility, taking orders, swallowing pride, conceding poor plans etc.

If more Wizards and Pirates can stick closely together and be creative with the gameplay then they'll surely give SB guilds a run for their money.

Most SB guilds fancy themselves as the online equivalent of Seal Team 6 but my (unfair) generalization is that SBers are the orcs and 101ers are the elves... both have their strengths, both weaknesses. I'd like to think SBers will destroy everyone but there's no way to tell until we all start spilling blood.

Oh I don't doubt that. Many of the DFO players fall into the SB category too. Same with some pieces of the others.

Yeah why I say it's hard to know really. But I can't wait to see.

I just want to admit that the SB community as a whole is filled with rogue players. I don't mean as an ingame class or profession - I mean there's a ton of individuals who all want to vie for top dog positions and aren't afraid to fight the hierarchy even if it means guild banishment. There are still plenty of guilds that can muster up organized elite fighting forces but there's a real problem within the community when it comes to humility, taking orders, swallowing pride, conceding poor plans etc.

If more Wizards and Pirates can stick closely together and be creative with the gameplay then they'll surely give SB guilds a run for their money.

Most SB guilds fancy themselves as the online equivalent of Seal Team 6 but my (unfair) generalization is that SBers are the orcs and 101ers are the elves... both have their strengths, both weaknesses. I'd like to think SBers will destroy everyone but there's no way to tell until we all start spilling blood.

I think there will be an advantage with experience in macro level strategy for SBers who led battles/sieges (if it is a similar combat system). I also think that advantage will quickly disappear though.

Yeah why I say it's hard to know really. But I can't wait to see.

Yeah. I wasn't necessarily trying to say SB players were going to dominate. I probably should have stated what I said better.

I imagine that most groups of players from each different game will be surprised about something the other brings.

I've always found that some of the most hardcore PvEers just go nuts with pvp once they do it a little. Always fun watching little ones grow up so fast!

C4sIZDW.gif

I seriously doubt SB guilds will form one massive alliance. More likely we feud amongst ourselves lol

Agreed.

There is some long standing bad blood between certain guilds that could never cease for more than a few days.

However, I do think Shadowbane players know PVP Strategy very well and therefore have the skillset to dominate any MMO in PVP.

I think the age/time commitment thing might be a big issue depending on game mechanics. Most of us SBers started in high school and college with hours to burn gaming are in our early 30s with young families and full time jobs. If the game favors time input over coordination, we might see guilds needing to adapt/recruit.