Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cash

Shadowbane guilds going to dominate this game?

Some of us became very good at other games in the mean time, just Shadowbane was one of the Good Old Games that was pure and raw. So your right, we filled a void until it came back, and if this becomes something huge and as awesome as SB, the experience from past games will transfer, not all of it, but some of it. Besides if you play Shadowbane, your obviously well versed in reading how the mechanics of the game works and what would make the best character, also you got thick skin so if you lose you don't cry and quit :).

Lol, all the 'players' on the emu have to do is sit around and whine about zergs, and other people stealing their pixels. Most of the ones with thick skin are gone.

For example:

http://shadowbaneemulator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21920

Tears.

everyone got their knickers in a knot way to early... now we have some pre release info and more speculation.

which will only lead to more arguments and guessing games....

I cant wait to see how this plays out I know the experience of SB. I have been in some of the other games but they couldn't hold my attention enough to say I played them for long ... I know the kind of teamwork that the SB Guilds can put together but this is a NEW concept. Yes SB Guilds have history and years of game play behind them but we will have the same learning curve.

now every one grab your big girl panties and lets make this a kick ass game that will last for a while I have to have something to make it through my kids high school years!

~Vada~

my previous signature did not contain nudity... words covered the good bits but alas it is gone....

signx50_zps5b5a8244.jpg

Many predicted old school SB clans would dominate other SB-esque games, but that usually ended up not being the case, and I suspect it won't here either. Though no doubt a handful will still probably be in the top tier.

Many predicted old school SB clans would dominate other SB-esque games, but that usually ended up not being the case, and I suspect it won't here either. Though no doubt a handful will still probably be in the top tier.

That depends on many things, not all SB Guilds are created equal, and not every fly by night start up guild is guaranteed success either.  Starting a Clan/Guild in game is easy these days, and many have little to no requirements as they try and rapidly expand their numbers in a vain attempt to win by zerg and then weed out the scrubs by keeping those showing promise.  Old School Legacy Clans like LoD, LotD, The Mercs, and KGB fought together first as friends, then as Clan-mates.  In our modern online gaming clans begin with one persons idea and/or a very small core of officers which inevitably crumbles once the clan suffers losses.

EZgFne1.png

I think the age/time commitment thing might be a big issue depending on game mechanics. Most of us SBers started in high school and college with hours to burn gaming are in our early 30s with young families and full time jobs. If the game favors time input over coordination, we might see guilds needing to adapt/recruit.

Vegas you young Pup I was in my 30's when I joined LB. Sigh it is hard when the young pups start thinking they are old.

You do realize the site where you head about this is titled "Play 2 Crush"?  If by some chance that is not the case let me highlight one of the revelant  lines....

"I don’t want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge.

I want to play a GAME, against PLAYERS where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose."

Additionally the Play 2 Crush motto is an obvious reference to Shadowbane which was an open PvP system.

If it isn't open PvP I will be disappointed...

This

Former IC of Societas Daemonica (2005 -2014)

SB and other gamesFormer IC Nordic Chapter SB (2004)

Former IC / NL of House of Atreides SB Damnation (2003-2004)