courant101

Darkfall: New Dawn

DFND002-Header-Final-et-logo-flat-correc

"Darkfall: New Dawn is a licensing project relaunching Darkfall Online under a new direction with plans for improved functionalities.

DarkfallOnline was an MMORPG released in 2009 and was shut down in 2012.

It boasted impressive technology that has yet to be equaled in the industry, providing large scale battles with projectile calculation and player collisions in a seamless open world.

Most of the game is played in first person view, for archery and magic, and in a close third person view for melee combat. It has naval combat, mounted combat and an heroic fantasy version of tanks.

You could compare Darkfall to an MMOFPS, but with a living, breathing, virtual world.

This is a game without classes that offers a multitude of skills and spells that increase with use and let players feel the limit of their own abilities. There are no mages, warriors or rangers, only combatants that use whatever tools they can to reach victory.

Darkfall pits three asymmetric racial alliances over the control of its world, Agon. However, where Darkfall shines the most is in its conquest and clan driven political system. At its core, Darkfall is about risk versus reward.

New Dawn will finish and expand Darkfall to make it the ultimate empire building game, but also a game where players can act as their own agent and have meaningful activities."

• 9 months estimated of development before final launch
  • No changes in basic combat mechanics compared to DFO
  • Box price starting at $22/20€ for the 10 000 first customers
  • Subscription at $11/10€ during the InDev period
  • Improved server latency, bandwidth requirements, multicore support, loadlag
  • graphic overhaul planned down the line
  • 10 confirmed and active members on the team
  • probably a single server (east coast NA as possible location)
  • studio is based in France
  • no in game shop

http://darkfallnewdawn.com/

so it's not aventurine...

DFUW is still up and running I take it?

they sell the rights to their previous game and basically promote their own competition....

solid business plan

Edited by freeze

I'll definitely be playing to relive the old DFO glory days. I don't have a lot of faith in this company, but how much worse can they be than AV? Hopefully Crowfall will be good enough that this will only have to be a brief diversion though.

What means AV?

Did any of you guys end up playing this?

I've been playing it lately, sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it. They fumbled pretty hard in several different ways. Server in Paris is the biggest pain point for me right now. Tough to play with 160 -200 ping.

Darkfall was great back in 09 for about 6 months. Genuinely one of the best gaming experiences of my life.

However, that game is broken to the core and there aren't enough people who are going to play it.

20 hours ago, xaine said:

Darkfall was great back in 09 for about 6 months. Genuinely one of the best gaming experiences of my life.

However, that game is broken to the core and there aren't enough people who are going to play it.

It offered more than just 6 months. Some people played it for years and continue to play it still. Sometimes I'd call it broken sometimes I'd call it faulted, but really it was just exploited. Exploitation was typical by most of the playerbase and that was the only "broken" aspect of it.

I skipped darkfall UW and rise of agon and just got new dawn a few days ago. I'm surprised by the activity I see in game. I think the biggest thing about new dawn is the local banking adaptation. That and forcing character specialization with titles is going to make it a whole new battle.

On 2/16/2018 at 5:38 PM, touchmybow said:

It offered more than just 6 months. Some people played it for years and continue to play it still. Sometimes I'd call it broken sometimes I'd call it faulted, but really it was just exploited. Exploitation was typical by most of the playerbase and that was the only "broken" aspect of it.

I skipped darkfall UW and rise of agon and just got new dawn a few days ago. I'm surprised by the activity I see in game. I think the biggest thing about new dawn is the local banking adaptation. That and forcing character specialization with titles is going to make it a whole new battle.

All true.

After 6 months, in my eyes, those that exploited/had beta knowledge where so much stronger than those that didn't - it just created a massive power gap.

Also, New Dawn will be fine for about 2 months. Then the pop will die off, and it will die once more.

Just like Darkfall Online, just like Unholy Wars, just like RoA.

Wow - so i finally know what i have to do this day - i missed DFO and got dissapointed by DFUW but if its going to be e new round of hardcore i defentivly should take the chance !

2 hours ago, NchDu said:

Wow - so i finally know what i have to do this day - i missed DFO and got dissapointed by DFUW but if its going to be e new round of hardcore i defentivly should take the chance !

I almost back to DFND coz they change this project to almost playable stage.

but the main problem is what there will be no good politics war which is core in darkfall. only small gank squads and also ppl report some cheaters in beta.

not worth to return if you spent 2-4 years there already =)

2 hours ago, makkon said:

not worth to return if you spent 2-4 years there already =)

well there's nothing current to play that rings the same bell. But I hear you, its definitely old.

To be honest, Darkfall was the worst game I tried. I just left the city to be attacked by groups of naked people, which were much faster (as armor slowed you down alot). You could not kill a single monster without being slayed again by those naked griefers. Was the game I fastest deinstalled from my drive again too. It had really good ideas and looked really good before I tried it, but was also a very good disappointment. 

their entire problem is first person.

if they got rid of that alot of people would play it.

yeah, DF was a thing in 2009 for me - it was fun for a while when it was 1 world.

Was gonna try this out but putting the servers in EU ruined it. Cant be competitive in that game with 200+ ping. I think both of the New (old) versions have failed by now also their both pretty dead.