Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kreigon

Black Desert worth playing?

Hi,

can anyone tell me something about black desert. Is it worth playing? its kinda hyped but i am no friend of asian mmos.

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

I have not played it. 

However, this is how I look at it--despite its glaring problems and its Asian MMO-yness, ArcheAge was a ton of fun for me for about 2 months.  Therefore, it was totally worth the money I spent on it.  I am not a real big fan of most MMO end games.  I like to get in, explore, dabble in PvE and PvP, and get out when it is no longer fun (with some limited exception--keeping fingers crossed for CF). 

So, I will probably buy BDO because it looks like a game you could get 1 to 2 months (potentially more) of solid, entertaining game play out of regardless of end game, grindyness, cash shop abuse, etc.  That's worth $50.00 in my book.   

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Hard to go wrong with the price tag and I hear the gameplay is pretty great. My only gripe is the lack of open world PvP but to each their own. It's rare to see a lot of decent mmorpgs in a given year so if you're even remotely interested it could be a decent way to pass the time for a few months.

Well personal opinion this can be a legit scum, rumors been out for a bit a while the game can turn into "free 2 play" in future.

So probably few months of feeling comfortable as "buy 2 play" and then maybe they will change that to "free 2 play" :) just saying.

It maybe just a rumor, but the game is graphically beautiful and over doing..

do i recommend to buy it right now or pre-order it? no just wait a month after release or two.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Great combat, but everything else is mediocre. Unfortunately when you structure your end game around pvp that is heavily gear dependent, poorly made socks goes belly up. Doesn't help that your options for gear are also very limited (there's only like 4-6 sets in the game), so eventually everyone will be running around in the same poorly made socks, the major difference being tiers and enchantments which is huge.

Basically pvp in BDO (like most asian mmos) is.

Levels -> Gear - > Any thing resembling skill.

Edited by helix

Great combat, but everything else is mediocre. Unfortunately when you structure your end game around pvp that is heavily gear dependent, poorly made socks goes belly up. Doesn't help that your options for gear are also very limited (there's only like 4-6 sets in the game), so eventually everyone will be running around in the same poorly made socks, the major difference being tiers and enchantments which is huge.

Basically pvp in BDO (like most asian mmos) is.

Levels -> Gear - > Any thing resembling skill.

Yea, but gearing up in this patch is pathetically easy. Either the Media patch or Valencia 1 patch will change things a bit. However I do find BDO to be a bit more elaborate than most games when it comes to the "other stuff" that I'm not really interested in. I stand by previous assumptions that it'll be fun for a few months of GvG.

gCWxS8u.jpg

I enjoy it a lot, but it isn't something that I would choose as a main every day MMO. It's good for a raiding and GvG a few nights a week though.

Leveling and gearing is pretty fast compared to most MMOs these days (for now).

OJN1n7E.png

I enjoy it a lot, but it isn't something that I would choose as a main every day MMO. It's good for a raiding and GvG a few nights a week though.

Leveling and gearing is pretty fast compared to most MMOs these days (for now).

Raiding? it's a PvP mmo there is no raiding or even dungeons in the game, the only source of "pve" is the world bosses

And it's not cool at all, like most korean mmos its a big grindfest, enjoy a good grind but its like soul destroying in this game

Figured I'd toss my opinion in the ring too.

The UI is cluttered by default. Only takes a few minutes of stumbling through the settings to get it the way you want.

Personally I'm not sold on the game. It's a theme park and will end up like the games that are such. Enjoy it while you can, but I think I'll pass. (Been playing on guest passes from a friend.)

The combat felt good at the start... but grinding mobs is spamming the same combo til you level up or finish your quests. Just meh.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

The combat felt good at the start... but grinding mobs is spamming the same combo til you level up or finish your quests. Just meh.

Yep, yesterday I was running loops in Khuruto caves just spamming chain lightning, kinda boring   :blink:  Giving BDO a decent try but I remain skeptical. Maybe in a month or whenever they patch in that pvp zone it'll be fun.

tiPrpwh.png

Yep, yesterday I was running loops in Khuruto caves just spamming chain lightning, kinda boring   :blink:  Giving BDO a decent try but I remain skeptical. Maybe in a month or whenever they patch in that pvp zone it'll be fun.

I'm hopeful that it'll last me a month+, we'll see!

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

Raiding? it's a PvP mmo there is no raiding or even dungeons in the game, the only source of "pve" is the world bosses

And it's not cool at all, like most korean mmos its a big grindfest, enjoy a good grind but its like soul destroying in this game

"Raiding" has a completely different meaning in a PvP game than a Carebear MMO.

And calling it a grindfest is a joke. People had +15 (max) yellow weapons 3 days after launch. That would be like having Divine Delphinad weapons in Archeage which took months to farm for without swiping a credit card (there's no way to buy anything in game with real money in BDO).

Edited by caffynated

OJN1n7E.png

The carebear in me got me into cooking, and now i have like, 3 slave labor camps or something, producing almost everything i need to make scented tea. I'm also enjoying the trade route system they have, its a fun little distraction.

Pve is kind of awkward. 95% of the time all i have to do is faceroll the keyboard, but that takes more effort than holding down "W" and holding down left-click until everything in front of me is dead. The inadvertent result of this is i have no idea how to play my class because i can kill things several levels higher than me with almost no idea what im doing (level 22 valkyrie).

Haven't had a chance to pvp yet but i'm eager. Taking my time going through the main stuff as i heard its bad to rush to max because you miss out on things like contribution points and inventory expansions. 

Biggest complaint right now is that my gear looks the same at 22 as it did at 1..

Edited by vucar

aka honeybear