Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FLA Town Crier: Shape Shifting EKs

Keaggan

castle_by_nikyeliseyev.jpg

FLA TOWN CRIER

Because MMOs are ever changing so to our community EK will be. Looking at Crowfall you may start in the dregs but then as time goes on your preferences may shift. Perhaps widening to enjoy more than one world ring or rule set. Or you could be someone that doesn't see them selves EVER playing the Shadow, splitting your game time between the FLA and GR. However, you too could come to find it being really exciting to join a guild and rumble with others in the Shadow.

Last month's Town Cryer centered around how much space should be allotted to each other zone or regions in the FLA. This time we are going to ask:

Should Land owners be able to consolidate their territory to form an independent nation within the FLA?”

This question is an interesting one because it would change the layout of the FLA over time. Will RP land owner owners of the Forest of Lore expand and choke out the Savage Land given thus shrinking the space for 24/7 open PvP?

We will mainly be focusing on the FLA but if you are not part of it you can still jump in and share your thoughts too. Perhaps we can glean an idea or two from each other!

Edited by Keaggan

castle_by_nikyeliseyev.jpg

FLA TOWN CRIER

Because MMOs are ever changing so to our community EK will be. Looking at Crowfall you may start in the dregs but then as time goes on your preferences may shift. Perhaps widening to enjoy more than one world ring or rule set. Or you could be someone that doesn't see them selves EVER playing the Shadow, splitting your game time between the FLA and GR. However, you too could come to find it being really exciting to join a guild and rumble with others in the Shadow.

I know what FLA (Free Lands of Azure) are but what is GR?

I AM ME!
I love you all.

• 2 months later...

My personal opinion to this question would simply be, YES! Yes x 100! 

I think it would be fantastic if guilds had their own lands in FLA, but over time have developed a friendship. And used their respective plots to create an alliance homeland. A place used by both (or all) guilds. Would help further my dream of having the FLA a sort of Westeros feeling.

Bannermen! Today is the day we march against those who would oppose us! Those who would see us six feet under! Those who seek to destroy our families and homes! Today! Today we fight as free men against the tyranny of (insert guild name here)!

OS_Sig3.png

We had a number. But then we lost it. Mostly due to the EKs having size changes as was recently touched upon I believe in the latest QA video. As for "plot" size restrictions, I think that's something we will have to see moving forward. And it will largely depend on how many guilds want a plot of land and/or how many people want to join the FLA. 

I'm curious if the updated EK FAQ will be up soon. 

OS_Sig3.png

We had a number. But then we lost it. Mostly due to the EKs having size changes as was recently touched upon I believe in the latest QA video. As for "plot" size restrictions, I think that's something we will have to see moving forward. And it will largely depend on how many guilds want a plot of land and/or how many people want to join the FLA. 

I'm curious if the updated EK FAQ will be up soon. 

Yeah I remember them saying something about the updates to the website being a little far behind because of their man power. I would really like to see the FAQs updated soon, but I want the next bit of content more.

ND lives! ;)

As for the size of the EK it won't be really changing much. The video (and replies in the accompanied thread) just covered that the math will change. Before we had salad the same kind of scaling going from lots, super lots, cells, super cells, etc. But since some of the smaller bits changed it was no longer uniform thus the predicted size is fogy now. It still will be MASSIVE.

Edited by Keaggan