Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plasmafogking

What kind of PVE would people want

About some PVE content  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What type of PVE content should Crowfall have during launch or shortly after?

• As it is, some mobs who gets stronger over time
    • Some campaigns with more PVE focused objectives
    • Allow players to make raids in their own Eternal Kingdoms

So, there 3 ways devs could go from here:
1. Make things as planned. Some mobs, who are essentially are just minor annoyances and things to farm for some resources or experience.
2. Make some campaigns with PVE focused objectives. Not a popular choice and i think i agree. This would take away a lot of development time and resources, thus making other content a little bit worse and extend time needed to launch the game. This thing could happen, but maybe much later after game is launched.
3. Player made raids/ dungeons/ etc. I think this is the best option. Players will already get monster spawners to place in their eternal kingdoms, so adding few more spawners for some kind of boss with ability to change their behavior (for example making giant ogre run away and throw stuff, or make him spew fire, or make him face-tank player, or so on). This would take only a little bit of development time and players would be able to make their own PVE content if they want. There always be some players, who while enjoy PVP a lot, wants more things to do.

I think 3rd option is the best one, because it adds content without taking it away from other areas of the game. It adds more things to do: invite your guild to raid your dungeon, make challenges and so on. As it is now (as far as i can found) eternal kingdoms would be pretty limited in what you can do and most useful things you can do there would be trading. I think some people aren't that interesting in trading and would much prefer exploring and raiding dungeons and castles made by their friends.

Somebody will want any possible option, ACE has stated that they intend to serve a niche outside the broad audience of raiders though, and should focus on what is intended and other expected features rather than these.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

CF needs some PvE content for a couple of reasons but PvP should be the focus.

1. We can't have 24/7 PvP Siege battles and only PvP stuff ,it would be boring after a short periode of time ( just saying, i know it from other games)

2. Immersion, we only get a "living world" with npc's, animals, monsters etc.

3. PvE for Loot, Ressources for crafting, PvE for hunting, fishing

4. Maybe some quests/events/exploration/expedition, maybe open dungeons like large underground caves

5. Maybe some NPC mercenary which we can pay and than they attack enemy castles, villages, caravans and trading routes

In my opinion the conclusion is that without a good pve content, only pvp will get boring fast (after 1-2 months) and an immersiv world isn't going to happen.

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

So, there 3 ways devs could go from here:

1. Make things as planned. Some mobs, who are essentially are just minor annoyances and things to farm for some resources or experience.

2. Make some campaigns with PVE focused objectives. Not a popular choice and i think i agree. This would take away a lot of development time and resources, thus making other content a little bit worse and extend time needed to launch the game. This thing could happen, but maybe much later after game is launched.

3. Player made raids/ dungeons/ etc. I think this is the best option. Players will already get monster spawners to place in their eternal kingdoms, so adding few more spawners for some kind of boss with ability to change their behavior (for example making giant ogre run away and throw stuff, or make him spew fire, or make him face-tank player, or so on). This would take only a little bit of development time and players would be able to make their own PVE content if they want. There always be some players, who while enjoy PVP a lot, wants more things to do.

I think 3rd option is the best one, because it adds content without taking it away from other areas of the game. It adds more things to do: invite your guild to raid your dungeon, make challenges and so on. As it is now (as far as i can found) eternal kingdoms would be pretty limited in what you can do and most useful things you can do there would be trading. I think some people aren't that interesting in trading and would much prefer exploring and raiding dungeons and castles made by their friends.

While you are certainly within your right to make as many suggestions as you want, you need to understand that creating the type of content that you want costs a lot of time and money, time and money which ACE does not have.

Furthermore, stuff like raids and dungeons are not part of the vision for this game. In other games, these activities are a means to get gear, but all gear in CF will be crafted. Don't expect that to change because it won't. They aren't going to undermine crafters by providing raid loot. They aren't going to undermine the competition of the campaigns by providing content that doesn't contribute to winning or losing. 

So in short, no matter how many times you suggest it, they aren't going to add more PvE to the game. Not now, not before launch and not after launch. The type of PvE that you want has no place in this game. There are plenty of other games out there that have it, if that is your interest.

While you are certainly within your right to make as many suggestions as you want, you need to understand that creating the type of content that you want costs a lot of time and money, time and money which ACE does not have.

Furthermore, stuff like raids and dungeons are not part of the vision for this game. In other games, these activities are a means to get gear, but all gear in CF will be crafted. Don't expect that to change because it won't. They aren't going to undermine crafters by providing raid loot. They aren't going to undermine the competition of the campaigns by providing content that doesn't contribute to winning or losing. 

So in short, no matter how many times you suggest it, they aren't going to add more PvE to the game. Not now, not before launch and not after launch. The type of PvE that you want has no place in this game. There are plenty of other games out there that have it, if that is your interest.

Expanded PvE would definitely make things more interesting between fights. Realistically, it's hard to have constant pvp going 24 hours a day 7 days a week... especially a few months after launch. While it's fun to sit on the high horse and say "X or Y will never happen," this boils down to being a business and the developers are trying to reach as many people with the best possible product. This game won't be for everyone, but turning people away in droves because there is a lack of PvE is a bad business model. 

Light PvE would be a good stopgap for when things aren't as exciting. It could be something as light as mobs launching a raid or something as involved as a dungeon. Most players I know really enjoy having a multi faceted game where they have at least a few options. It's easy to fall into a trap and say that you hate any kind of PvE, but at the end of the day, it's definitely missed when it's completely absent. 

Edited by UnleashTheKraken

Expanded PvE would definitely make things more interesting between fights. Realistically, it's hard to have constant pvp going 24 hours a day 7 days a week... especially a few months after launch. While it's fun to sit on the high horse and say "X or Y will never happen," this boils down to being a business and the developers are trying to reach as many people with the best possible product. This game won't be for everyone, but turning people away in droves because there is a lack of PvE is a bad business model. 

Light PvE would be a good stopgap for when things aren't as exciting. It could be something as light as mobs launching a raid or something as involved as a dungeon. Most players I know really enjoy having a multi faceted game where they have at least a few options. It's easy to fall into a trap and say that you hate any kind of PvE, but at the end of the day, it's definitely missed when it's completely absent. 

They are trying to reach as many people within this niche though. Not sure how many times and in different ways the Devs have said they don't care about mass appeal, they care about their vision for this game and yes they are 100% content knowing this will be a niche game that won't be for everyone.

Like Gordon said once or maybe it was Todd, anyways, its goes, 'The Kmart of MMOs already exists we are not trying to be that'. Not every MMO has to be everything to everyone, this genre became stagnant because everyone was trying to out WoW WoW.  

So bottom line while it might make sense to you that adding PvE content can only help, the reality is that they'd likely lose more than they'd gain due to people being turned off that ACE is placating to the masses and not sticking to their vision.

and bottom bottom line, Lack of PvE isn't some problem that needs a solution, its a design choice that's the reason for many here backing and following this game.

Player built raids/dungeons would be great, i know we have monster spawners in the EK and like people have said that could be used to make player made dungeons, if ACE want to work on this that would be great I know in some of the videos Todd was saying that it would be cool if players could build a keep, and then sell that keep design to another player and that player could be known for creating and selling amazing keeps, the same could be said with dungeons.

If ACE was thinking about adding in little bits, depending on the group sizes I would just add random "world bosses" just hard as nails mobs that you have the choice of A) rush the keep for the chests [other players may get there before you, may kill you upon reaching the inner keep] B) kill the smaller monsters ["safest ooption"] or C) go for the big bad monster [obviously if you die its game over, but high reward like keep rush]

I'm sorry OP and others baked the wrong game.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

Cats have fur. That animal has fur. Therefore, it's a cat. 

Just because an MMO has some level of pve doesn't make it generic or a WoW reskin. You don't have to compromise core principles in order to give people something to do between the lines. 

Either way, none of us really know 100% what the released product is going to look like, but speculation is fun. 

Edited by UnleashTheKraken

Cats have fur. That animal has fur. Therefore, it's a cat. 

Just because an MMO has some level of pve doesn't make it generic or a WoW reskin. You don't have to compromise core principles in order to give people something to do between the lines. 

Either way, none of us really know 100% what the released product is going to look like, but speculation is fun. 

Except its already been stated that they won't be making and have no plans to expand on the current level of PvE in this game. Little to no PvE IS part of the core design concept. Agree though no one can say 100% what the game will be like but its a safe bet to say there won't be scripted PvE raids and dungeons. At. All.

Want something to do in between PvP? How about more PvP? Seriously though, and I'm no PvP expert myself but pretty sure most who are interested in this PvP game are so for the PvP and don't need PvE things to do to keep them interested. There are already so many different things to do and ways to PvP its hard to fathom the customer base for this game thinking, yeah but what I really want to do is some mind numbing scripted PvE Event! I just don't see it. As others state if you're that type that's need both playstyles in the same game then yeah sorry but this likely isn't the game for you.

Edited by pang

FAQ

There will be monsters in Crowfall – lots of them – but they are intended to raise the general “threat level” of the game, not to be the primary focus.

Crowfall will not have any instanced PvE dungeons and raids; however, the worlds WILL be crawling with monsters and former inhabitants of the dying worlds.

Players will often need to fight NPC monsters near resource nodes, to gain access to points of interest, scavenge for food and equipment and often to simply survive. Many of these creatures are powerful enough that they will be very challenging to defeat – even for groups of players working together.

Some activities will require players to seek out monsters – some recipes will require reagents that can only be found by defeating certain monsters or require the use of rare thralls (“ghosts” NPCs that must be captured) to bind into an enchantment. Also, remember that the monsters will also become more deadly as Winter approaches and the Hunger bleeds the warmth from each world.

Like my previous post the monster spawners could be used to create player generated ones, we don't have access to them yet so time will tell what level we can modify them, but like i said on my previous post a massive risk/reward monster would be cool, i mean something has to be leading the mindless aside from the hunger right, you could have pvp at this monster as well if your team goes and kills some little mobs and notices the mega monster is low but so is their team do you rush in and destroy and steal the boss kill or is that too riskk, love risk reward mechanics

It is strange to look at people's comments, where they think that allowing players to create their own content (in this example: raids or dungeons) is a bad thing and whole game will become bad because of it. I don't know why are they thinking like that, because they are wrong.

Lets look at what we will get:
1) We will be able to create our own territory;
2) We will be able to build stuff in our territory;
3) We will be able to make decoration, other stuff in our territory;
4) We will be able to place monster spawners in our territory.

What extra stuff we would need to allow players to make their own raids/dungeons:
1) Boss spawners;
2) Look chests.

We already have more than half of stuff we would need to make raids for ourselves, our friends or our guilds. How adding two simple addition would ruin game?

For the love of all gods, this will be sandbox games. Why would devs want to limit what players can and can't do? Why so many people want to limit other players at what they can and can't do?
So many people here against sandbox type game.

there won't be [..] and dungeons. At. All.

to be fair, dungeons are actually pretty useful. I personally wouldn't mind them.

Herds together a lot of people and makes it easy to find players to kill.

I've always enjoyed the UO dungeons... I loved the Tera Keep :D

Edited by freeze

It is strange to look at people's comments, where they think that allowing players to create their own content (in this example: raids or dungeons) is a bad thing and whole game will become bad because of it. I don't know why are they thinking like that, because they are wrong.

Lets look at what we will get:

1) We will be able to create our own territory;

2) We will be able to build stuff in our territory;

3) We will be able to make decoration, other stuff in our territory;

4) We will be able to place monster spawners in our territory.

What extra stuff we would need to allow players to make their own raids/dungeons:

1) Boss spawners;

2) Look chests.

We already have more than half of stuff we would need to make raids for ourselves, our friends or our guilds. How adding two simple addition would ruin game?

For the love of all gods, this will be sandbox games. Why would devs want to limit what players can and can't do? Why so many people want to limit other players at what they can and can't do?

So many people here against sandbox type game.

They said they want players to be able to create keeps, nothing crazy but if you want your keep to be west facing rather than south you can change that, you can change where the stairs are and which way they face, you could change a section of the keep to the horizontal rather than vertical, and you don't need to award players a reward for finishing a raid/dungeon, it can just be an epeen thing "Oh have you tried OnyxOctopus' Laid of the Damned?" "yeah we did that last week it's so hard, fun though" I know people will want rewards but if its player generated i doubt there will be loot, nor should there i don't believe the original dota gave any benefits to winning matches it was just a mod this type of content would be the same in my books