Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What kind of PVE would people want

About some PVE content  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What type of PVE content should Crowfall have during launch or shortly after?

• As it is, some mobs who gets stronger over time
    • Some campaigns with more PVE focused objectives
    • Allow players to make raids in their own Eternal Kingdoms

They said they want players to be able to create keeps, nothing crazy but if you want your keep to be west facing rather than south you can change that, you can change where the stairs are and which way they face, you could change a section of the keep to the horizontal rather than vertical, and you don't need to award players a reward for finishing a raid/dungeon, it can just be an epeen thing "Oh have you tried OnyxOctopus' Laid of the Damned?" "yeah we did that last week it's so hard, fun though" I know people will want rewards but if its player generated i doubt there will be loot, nor should there i don't believe the original dota gave any benefits to winning matches it was just a mod this type of content would be the same in my books

Well, look at that this way:

Crafting will be huge part of the game. Some crafters could become well know for their top quality armors/weapons. They usually would sell their crafted items at high price, but what if you can get some of them for free while raiding one of their keeps?

Also, if guild leader crafts some really great items, but don't want to give them away for free, he could make a little guild challenge in his dungeon.

There would/could be so much more things to do and create. As now, i know only one thing that could be do in eternal kingdoms - trade. Nothing else really have a purpose.

I don't know if you will agree on this or not, but people, who already payed for this game, like what devs are doing. I don't think that anyone here dislikes this game for what it will be.

But somehow, asking for something more to do is wrong. Suggesting more things to create is wrong. Hostility is heavy here.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want the kind of PvE where I kill other players.  I think it is called open world PvE.  

PVE should be nothing more than a side show to the stated core content of this game, killing people... or crafting.   Splitting playerbases is a great way to cause problems.

CF needs some PvE content for a couple of reasons but PvP should be the focus.   1. We can't have 24/7 PvP Siege battles and only PvP stuff ,it would be boring after a short periode of time ( just s

But somehow, asking for something more to do is wrong. Suggesting more things to create is wrong. Hostility is heavy here.

The game is still in pre-alpha on a simple combat module minigame. And we don't even have a feel of the CW's or EK's.

Your suggestions are assuming the game is finished. They still have a ton of work to do to finish the core.

This is why no one is taking you serious.

I genuinely thought you were a troll...

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

The game is still in pre-alpha on a simple combat module minigame. And we don't even have a feel of the CW's or EK's.

Your suggestions are assuming the game is finished. They still have a ton of work to do to finish the core.

The "hostilities" are people saying the game still needs developement. Your suggestions are post launch updates.

This is why no one is taking you serious.

I genuinely thought you were a troll...

Same feelings about you.

Does suggestions slow down development?

Does assuming game will do as developers say it will do, isn't what people should assume?

Same feelings about you.

Does suggestions slow down development?

Does assuming game will do as developers say it will do, isn't what people should assume?

Same feeling about me? I've posted here twice. And in none of your other threads.

No, and where the heck did I say they did?

'Does assuming game will do as developers say it will do, isn't what people should assume?'

If I am reading this right... where did ACE say they would add player made dungeons to Crowfall.

Can you please re-word this question?

As far as I'm concerned, you can suggest whatever you want.

Just don't complain when the community of Crowfall shoots you down.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

to be fair, dungeons are actually pretty useful. I personally wouldn't mind them.

Herds together a lot of people and makes it easy to find players to kill.

I've always enjoyed the UO dungeons... I loved the Tera Keep :D

If they are open world not instanced then sure. I was more meaning no PvE type instanced with scripted mobs and such basically a smaller version of whats considered a PvE raid.

But yeah open world caves and dungeons that we can explore and maybe find rare resources and set up ambushes against other players, absolutely.

Edited by pang

No one is going to be logging into Crowfall to go kill some goblins.  People are going to login, meet up with guildmates / allies, and go look for other players to fight.  If they're responsible and hard-working, they may go harvest resources, with the expectation that other players will be camping resource PoI's in order to gank them.

The only uses for PvE critters are world verisimilitude and resource drops.  Some critters wandering around make the world look lived-in.  Having to take a resource PoI from a group of undead or whatever (have monster spawners work only until the PoI is claimed).  Kill a big dragon to get some dragon hide and dragon blood for high end recipes.  That's it.

I enjoy PvE in MMO's.  But that's not what I'm playing Crowfall for.  I am playing Crowfall to show that my guild's strategy, tactics, teamwork, and aggression is better than yours.  Raid bosses in WoW provide a measuring stick, but they're a static one.  Learn the fight, perfect a specific strategy.  Crowfall provides an opportunity for an endless variety in challenges.

Edited by durenthal

PVE should be nothing more than a side show to the stated core content of this game, killing people... or crafting.

Splitting playerbases is a great way to cause problems.

Except "PvE" is one of the core catalysts for the CWs to begin with: Resources.

So say Hello to Crowfall and it's roadmap for Design and Intent.

What we often seem to miss is that a given feature, say "PvE" in this case, isn't necessarily wrong for a game because the feature "won't work right", it might be how it's implemented or calibrated. That means there are always two things to consider when evaluating features: 1) The feature itself, and 2) How it has to be scaled/calibrated to function properly to achieve the desired result relevant to the game in question.

In other words: Everything done in a game happens as a result of Design and Intent.

If you do it wrong you get wrong results. The trick here is how should it be done right . . . for Crowfall.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

I have to wonder what kind of persistent confusion leads someone to say "I see that this game development company is working on a game which is clearly and specifically about player vs player interactions, and make dozens of posts about adding more PVE features to the game."

It's like someone who wants a car going to Cessna and saying "hey guys, you could totally make a car!" instead of letting Cessna continue to make airplanes while you go down the street to the Honda dealer.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I have to wonder what kind of persistent confusion leads someone to say "I see that this game development company is working on a game which is clearly and specifically about player vs player interactions, and make dozens of posts about adding more PVE features to the game."

It's like someone who wants a car going to Cessna and saying "hey guys, you could totally make a car!" instead of letting Cessna continue to make airplanes while you go down the street to the Honda dealer.

Someday you will understand what "suggestion box" is all about.

Perhaps the wrong analogy.

We could take an open, empty field and drop a bunch of people on it so they can enjoy "player vs player interactions". Or, we might have hockey rinks, movie theaters, bowling lanes, the Bar down the street, concerts, etc.

Those all provide venues for "player vs player interactions", which I had a whole lot of in PvE centric games.

In Crowfall I understand "PvE" is going to be specifically calibrated around the need for CWs. On the one hand I don't want (or think I have the perspective to suggest) Crowfall be "pushed to be a PvE game".

At the same time my personal feeling is that "PvE" is actually one of the catalyst mechanisms in the game. So, I have an interest in seeing how THAT dynamic will be fleshed out, and to what degree, and in which directions, to satisfy Art+Craft's vision for the game.

THAT, to me, is far more of an interesting observation point than the old, tired, ad-nauseum, repeating-till-you-want-to-shoot-yourself "must have our PvP-zors" . . . endlessly recycled from past years no change . . . droning.

We get it. Honestly.

And as someone who likes PvP I'm clearly in touch with the twitchy-rush we all get when we get to button mash our way through targets, or better yet out-think them to the point you KNOW they are pounding their keyboard.

So, boys and girls: PvE isn't a dirty word. It's got a place in Crowfall. It's meant to be supportive / enhancing to PvP, thus the structure of the "econo-war" thing and the way resources only come from CWs.

Interest in PvE aspects of the game don't equal the desire to negatively impact PvP, nor does it necessarily mean you understand why, at every level, someone might be asking / suggesting things for that side of Crowfall.

My guess is the Crowfall Team is quite capable of disseminating suggestions per their development plan and vision.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

Someday you will understand what "suggestion box" is all about.

Well pretty sure it doesn't mean one can post ideas (no matter how out of context to the games design concept) and not have to face criticism or posters who disagree with your suggestions.  Besides the occasional bluntness in some reply's no one has crossed the line in replies to your suggestions.  So I would suggest not taking it so personally when your PvE content ideas don't go over very well on the forums of this PvP game and even more specifically by design, niche PvP game.

LOL is this kid still going on about PvE? I can't wait until he gets wrecked in game and comes to the forums to cry about how PvP isn't fair. 

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

We get it. Honestly.

And as someone who likes PvP I'm clearly in touch with the twitchy-rush we all get when we get to button mash our way through targets, or better yet out-think them to the point you KNOW they are pounding their keyboard.

So, boys and girls: PvE isn't a dirty word. It's got a place in Crowfall. It's meant to be supportive / enhancing to PvP, thus the structure of the "econo-war" thing and the way resources only come from CWs.

Interest in PvE aspects of the game don't equal the desire to negatively impact PvP, nor does it necessarily mean you understand why, at every level, someone might be asking / suggesting things for that side of Crowfall.

My guess is the Crowfall Team is quite capable of disseminating suggestions per their development plan and vision.

That's the thing though according the poll even though not many responded so far the current lvl of PvE that is planned as stated by the Devs is fine. Mobs are backdrop and added flavor to the environment. That's it and no further. The line in the sand so to speak has been drawn. Make suggestions that cross that line and no matter how well thought out or well meaning and you'll always get the same blowback.

That's the thing though according the poll even though not many responded so far the current lvl of PvE that is planned as stated by the Devs is fine. Mobs are backdrop and added flavor to the environment. That's it and no further. The line in the sand so to speak has been drawn. Make suggestions that cross that line and no matter how well thought out or well meaning and you'll always get the same blowback.

This poll is heinously misleading. It doesn't have a single option for disagreement, and 2 choices are not mutually exclusive to the other. This poll is awful, and your conclusion is questionable as a result.

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?