Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What kind of PVE would people want

About some PVE content  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What type of PVE content should Crowfall have during launch or shortly after?

• As it is, some mobs who gets stronger over time
    • Some campaigns with more PVE focused objectives
    • Allow players to make raids in their own Eternal Kingdoms

Someday you will understand what "suggestion box" is all about.

Pretty sure it's not about suggesting that the devs not make the game they had planned and make a completely different game instead.

PvE isn't a dirty word. It's got a place in Crowfall. It's meant to be supportive / enhancing to PvP, thus the structure of the "econo-war" thing and the way resources only come from CWs.

We've been clearly and repeatedly told that the PVE aspects of the game are intended as a resource faucet and as a general backdrop threat level, not as primary content. I have no issue with PVE proposals which recognize and comply with that design intent. Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority do not.

My guess is the Crowfall Team is quite capable of disseminating suggestions per their development plan and vision.

Given the signal-to-noise ratio of the suggestions board lately, they would best accomplish that goal by ignoring this forum entirely. I think that would be a shame.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want the kind of PvE where I kill other players.  I think it is called open world PvE.  

PVE should be nothing more than a side show to the stated core content of this game, killing people... or crafting.   Splitting playerbases is a great way to cause problems.

CF needs some PvE content for a couple of reasons but PvP should be the focus.   1. We can't have 24/7 PvP Siege battles and only PvP stuff ,it would be boring after a short periode of time ( just s

This poll is heinously misleading. It doesn't have a single option for disagreement, and 2 choices are not mutually exclusive to the other. This poll is awful, and your conclusion is questionable as a result.

I don't need a poll (which I agree isn't very good, but then few ever are) to tell me that most people here are here for the PvP aspects of the game and that the current plans for PvE content are sufficient and satisfactory as explained by the Devs and that anything beyond that would be overstepping and going against the stated vision of the game. Simple observations of past convos in threads can tell me all I need to know about the current potential player base for this game.

Edited by pang

I don't need a poll (which I agree isn't very good, but then few ever are) to tell me that most people here are here for the PvP aspects of the game and that the current plans for PvE content are sufficient and satisfactory as explained by the Devs and that anything beyond that would be overstepping and going against the stated vision of the game.

You are correct about the PvP part . However, your assumption concerning the satisfaction of the PvE is definitely in question. Every PvP player has a different view on the size/type of "limited PvE" that would be good for this game, and they were all pushed into the same category in this poll.

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

You are correct about the PvP part . However, your assumption concerning the satisfaction of the PvE is definitely in question. Every PvP player has a different view on the size/type of "limited PvE" that would be good for this game, and they were all pushed into the same category in this poll.

Added in another sentence to my post as you replied but yeah just saying every time someone comes in suggesting "MOAR PVEEEEEZEE" its universally met with the same disdain and repeat of "Doesn't fit the concept". Every. time.

Like Jihan said above suggestion within the current plan great, suggestions to add more PvE content beyond the plan, not so much.

Edited by pang

100 million was spent on blow and hookers by the looks

Now that's a Kickstarter I would get behind. 

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

If there was to be any meaningful pve in crowfall, I wouldn't mind non-instanced public dungeons packed with resources to mine and an end boss with drops "special" crafting components to fight over. Additionally I wouldn't mind world bosses that drop special crafting components. Fighting over spawns in games like Shadowbane, DAoC, DFO, Lineage 2 was A LOT of fun.

It's really a wonder to read how OP and supporters of this suggestion are convinced of their ideas about PVE.

According to them, ArtCraft don't know what Crowfall needs in order to became a success.

Those persons are demanding developers to take account of all opinions about PVE... excepting, obviously, the opinion of "PVP players".

I'd really like to know why those people do not create their own kickstarter. 

In the time spent on suffering the "rudeness" of some reply, couldn't they raise some million bucks?

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

It's really a wonder to read how OP and supporters of this suggestion are convinced of their ideas about PVE.

According to them, ArtCraft don't know what Crowfall needs in order to became a success.

Those persons are demanding developers to take account of all opinions about PVE... excepting, obviously, the opinion of "PVP players".

I'd really like to know why those people do not create their own kickstarter. 

In the time spent on suffering the "rudeness" of some reply, couldn't they raise some million bucks?

I re-read the OPs post.

All I see is someone posting some suggestions / ideas. As such, if one disagrees with them (as is often the case in life), it's simply a case of disagree.

Nothing too scary, and I don't believe ArtCraft launched all their developers onto that without thinking.

I think some of you spend way too much time in front of the mirror, no offense intended.

Have some confidence in Art+Craft, and go re-read the qualifications and experience of the people running the outfit.

My guess is they understand how to deal with Ideas, that Ideas aren't a scary thing, and that yes, part of that process is disregarding Ideas that aren't a fit.

I've come to a conclusion in the Crowfall forums: The term "PvE" is used as Troll Bait for all of you with big, squishy, BUTTONS in that regard.

Stop letting someone push your buttons causing you to blow things out of proportion, negatively impacting your ability to work in The Think Tank.

Just sayin.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

Voting have shown, that majority of people have no interest in player made PVE content, but some people would still want this option.
Case closed.

Now, trying to offend me, saying that i am "like that or that" or saying i demand something, is just silly. I will not get offended by random people on internet, who don't matter to me.

Voting have shown, that majority of people have no interest in player made PVE content, but some people would still want this option.

Case closed.

Now, trying to offend me, saying that i am "like that or that" or saying i demand something, is just silly. I will not get offended by random people on internet, who don't matter to me.

So you're not offended that you're offended?

I think Fenris pretty much wrapped this thread up on page 1 so why is it still here

Whatever had been written about the inconsistency between the concepts of Crowfall and the expectation of deeper PVE contents, was ignored or minimized by some PVE-addicted people.

However freedom of speech grants them to express their naive and pointless suggestion.

No forum survey is going to have influence on development plans. 
Moreover a pool with minus than thirty votes on a MMORPG community has zero statistic relevance. 
Probably PVE-addicted people will judge both facts offensive.

Meanwhile, the same freedom of speech allows us to express how laughable appears the instance of PVE-addicted. :D

Nobody can "win" an internet debate on a forum.
We are discussing here because there is time to spend while other persons are busy in realizing the true PVP-centered game. ;)

edit: word mistakes
Edited by RikForFun

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

While I do understand that we all want PvP and lots of it, especially me, we need PvE to a certain extent. Sure, crafting is going to be where we get 90% of our gear, and definitely 100% of our good gear, we still need resources. Gatherers should be getting these resources for the crafters and where do they get them? Out in the E part of this game. They're gonna mine nodes, fish, and hunting. Hunting is obvious, you need PvE. Fishing can and has been done without actual enemies, just good spots to fish. Mining without a doubt can be done without mobs.

But here's the dilemma with fishing and mining, we want to make this hard, especially in The Dregs. We definitely don't want people AFK waiting for their character to finish mining, we also don't want people spamming a button for half an hour... That's what macros are for.

So we use what we have now, increasingly dangerous mobs that attack gatherers and possibly even caravans. This makes it so you can't sit there spamming your resource vein getting 1000 silver ore and going over to the crafter and he turns it into free awesome armour for your entire guild and instead, you get 10 from one vein and then it runs out because that one is near your castle and you use it a lot, now you have to go out and get 10... OH WAIT THERE'S A MOB! RUN!

So now you come back and have 10 silver. You go out again and it happens again. 20, 30, 40. Until that node runs out. Thus making it more difficult.

In short, we need hunger dome style mobs at least to make things more interesting. And no, don't accuse me of supporting a PvE game, 'cause that's not what I'm doing.